IGNORED

Which Autechre release have you heard least often?

dingformung

There's stuff like We R Are Why and Quadrange which I've never owned, same with the collabs. But sticking with the 'core' albums and EPs:

I've only listened to L-Event once (it got sold in a 'shit I need some cash' panic just after I bought it, but finally another is in the post as we speak);

elseq I'm still waiting to put together a nice 5CD box set before I give it more than a skip through (I gotta browse my shelves and find shit to enjoy it - weird like that);

I've probably not listened to Oversteps and Move of Ten that much, because they came out at a time when I was heavily into older analogue sounding stuff and so they never had the opportunity to work their way into my head;

I always found EP7 really unsatisfying, so it's one of the few records I skip through, to tracks like pir and dropp;

Gantz Graf other than the title track.

Untilted is my least favourite record (combination of being their least melodic, and the loooooong tracks), but I've listened to it quite a lot, trying to get into it as it's fascinatingly alien to me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

elseq I'm still waiting to put together a nice 5CD box set before I give it more than a skip through (I gotta browse my shelves and find shit to enjoy it - weird like that);

I love AE fans  :wub:

I've probably not listened to Oversteps and Move of Ten that much, because they came out at a time when I was heavily into older analogue sounding stuff and so they never had the opportunity to work their way into my head;

I always found EP7 really unsatisfying, so it's one of the few records I skip through, to tracks like pir and dropp;

Gantz Graf other than the title track.

Untilted is my least favourite record (combination of being their least melodic, and the loooooong tracks), but I've listened to it quite a lot, trying to get into it as it's fascinatingly alien to me.

I might argue that Draft is less 'melodic' than Untilted, but I also think there's plenty of melody in both, it's just often buried. Fascinatingly alien is a good descriptor for it though!

Gantz Graf is a great EP imo, perfect in how succinct and hard-hitting it is from 0:04 of GG to the last second of Cap.IV. Not for everyone though, Dial. took me a while to enjoy.

EP7 is definitely all over the place, very much a b-sides collection to my ears. Some gems in it though obviously, and interesting for the fact that most if not all of those tracks would've never been released otherwise as most don't really 'fit' stylistically with much of their other stuff.

I might argue that Draft is less 'melodic' than Untilted, but I also think there's plenty of melody in both, it's just often buried. Fascinatingly alien is a good descriptor for it though!

Oh yes, it's definitely there. But there's certainly no Surripere on Untilted. It strikes me as their most rhythm-focused record on the whole, just an entire city of beats crammed into an album. More pads would suit me better perhaps. It's an album I can admire and respect more than love. Maybe one day it'll properly click though.

With Gantz Graf, I think the problem is the last two tracks are so much subtler in texture than the opening one. It's like being punched in the face repeatedly, then caressed: the punch will stay with you, while the caress will go largely unnoticed. 

Archived