IGNORED

Heorge Garrison & Steinvord speculation

Bitraete

I suppose everyone's Steinvord now lol!

hey i think it's great to call attention to great production, Ruby My Dear & Bewwip are both great, but both definitely not Steinvord.

Heorge Garrison! I've been intrigued for months about him, ever since that reddit post "hello" way back, under the "wheatpin_x" reddit account. that whole incident is solved now I suppose, interesting situation though. Found him on soundcloud around the time of User18081971. big fan of steinvord and aphex twin obviously, as well as other musicians - but definitely not aphex, doubt it's "steinvord", whoever that is.

Also check out RecordLabelRecords, they release tons of cool stuff. Maybe not necessarily Steinvord-like albums, but lots of other IDM including Wisp and plenty others I can't think of atm.

still very interested in who steinvord is of course, very interesting collaboration/solo artist, whoever it truly is. would love to hear more work from them, either that under alias or something else.

anyways, here's some recommendations:

(fantastic collaboration with Igorrr here as well, this is one of my favorites!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9oxx8hxq_c

here's some more "Bewwip" under a different alias, "4rd armpit". he does fairly frequent live streams, really cool stuff!

Also check out Xoop! https://xoop.bandcamp.com/

Aphex played him recently, he also goes under the "AlcoholWar BugDream", great stuff.

Check out Occult Research! they released Bewwip, plus many other great IDM artists. great label! https://occultresearch.bandcamp.com/music

more rognvald! https://soundcloud.com/rognvald

Also his selftitled EP "R.O.G.N.V.A.L.D" was released on Love Love Records, same label as Ruby My Dear's "Basic", so I'd recommend checking more of that label out. Haven't dug too deep but I bet there's plenty o gems! Rognvald definitely has a similar "Heorge" sound for sure, doubt he's the same guy though. haven't looked into it. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be an alias of fatboy slime or the chemical brother?

I heard Squarepushing is maybe involve.  BUt I know rumer is just talking of interwebs, so maybe alias more like Basement Jacks.

anything with a worm break, granulizer and reverb is steinvord and heorge garrison

sticking an acid riff and drum break through dblue glitch don't make you steinvord.

steinvord 101 :cisfor:

I suppose everyone's Steinvord now lol!

hey i think it's great to call attention to great production, Ruby My Dear & Bewwip are both great, but both definitely not Steinvord.

Heorge Garrison! I've been intrigued for months about him, ever since that reddit post "hello" way back, under the "wheatpin_x" reddit account. that whole incident is solved now I suppose, interesting situation though. Found him on soundcloud around the time of User18081971. big fan of steinvord and aphex twin obviously, as well as other musicians - but definitely not aphex, doubt it's "steinvord", whoever that is.

Also check out RecordLabelRecords, they release tons of cool stuff. Maybe not necessarily Steinvord-like albums, but lots of other IDM including Wisp and plenty others I can't think of atm.

still very interested in who steinvord is of course, very interesting collaboration/solo artist, whoever it truly is. would love to hear more work from them, either that under alias or something else.

anyways, here's some recommendations:

(fantastic collaboration with Igorrr here as well, this is one of my favorites!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9oxx8hxq_c

here's some more "Bewwip" under a different alias, "4rd armpit". he does fairly frequent live streams, really cool stuff!

Also check out Xoop! https://xoop.bandcamp.com/

Aphex played him recently, he also goes under the "AlcoholWar BugDream", great stuff.

Check out Occult Research! they released Bewwip, plus many other great IDM artists. great label! https://occultresearch.bandcamp.com/music

more rognvald! https://soundcloud.com/rognvald

Also his selftitled EP "R.O.G.N.V.A.L.D" was released on Love Love Records, same label as Ruby My Dear's "Basic", so I'd recommend checking more of that label out. Haven't dug too deep but I bet there's plenty o gems! Rognvald definitely has a similar "Heorge" sound for sure, doubt he's the same guy though. haven't looked into it. 

I must sound like a complete dick but I have to assume that you don't spend too much time reading the rest of the forum...let alone some of the previous posts in this thread. :cat:

What about Grant's comment about Steinvord being Spainish producer back in the day? Still holding much agua? 

Pretty sure Richard said it was an American dude when someone asked if it was him or Tom so who knows?

• 8 months later...

Started listening to this again lately, and have been really poring over it. The breaks towards the end of "HG12" sound like a real kit and may be a Polyend Perc Pro recording mixed in with other stuff.

The production on "Bounce Selector x9.96" is un-fucking-real. Kind of reminds me Squarepusher's "Kill Robok" because there are so many audio tricks and cuts at different points where you can't tell exactly when they were done. Sounds like there was a lot of editing, bouncing, re-editing, and then composing stuff on top of those edits.

Started listening to this again lately, and have been really poring over it. The breaks towards the end of "HG12" sound like a real kit and may be a Polyend Perc Pro recording mixed in with other stuff.

The production on "Bounce Selector x9.96" is un-fucking-real. Kind of reminds me Squarepusher's "Kill Robok" because there are so many audio tricks and cuts at different points where you can't tell exactly when they were done. Sounds like there was a lot of editing, bouncing, re-editing, and then composing stuff on top of those edits.

So grateful someone bumped this thread. Never really payed attention to Heorge Garrison but pulled this up last night to listen. Holy Christ. Whether or not Aphex (or []<) this scratches a very particular itch I've had for a long time. Some elements that are totally reminiscent of Drukqs era 'phex + DYKS era pusher. 

Braintree u nailed it. The end of HG12 actually made me wonder if the kit was some sort of CCAI style instrumentation bounced then edited. On the first coupla listens think Bounce Selector is my fave - stupid, stupid, amazeballs production. . . I want to pick this person's brain so bad about the microediting stuff. . . like, I can't even begin to understand how you do this. . .

Gratitude to Greystar too - I looked up Ruby my Dear too and really enjoyed it too!

Holy Christ. Whether or not Aphex (or []

Absolutely, what other artists are doing this kinda thing nowadays as I really miss this style (and big crunchy sample-heavy big-beat a la mid '90s Chemical Brothers)

Holy Christ. Whether or not Aphex (or []<) this scratches a very particular itch I've had for a long time. Some elements that are totally reminiscent of Drukqs era 'phex + DYKS era pusher.

Absolutely, what other artists are doing this kinda thing nowadays as I really miss this style (and big crunchy sample-heavy big-beat a la mid '90s Chemical Brothers)

Soz if too obvious but maybe Beatwife/Rognvald could fall under that category. Dovedale was kept as an 100% HG track from the day it was first discovered. It was even credited to yet another Beatles wordplay Savi Rhankar. Eventually got released on Lord Rover

At least got me fooled. Based on that, R.Wilson could be guilty for other Garrison stuff too. And then there was that mysterious Gargattarax Llany YT a few years back, again turned out to be the same guy so who knows.

That's a real great track though would place it closer to Feed Me Weird Things & Hard Normal Daddy era Squarepusher rather than DYKS & Go Plastic extreme DSP shenanigans

Yes, possibly. Maybe paid too much attention to that "big crunchy sample-heavy big-beat" line in your post. And since there are tracks as Shit Hot Car and Squarefucker on Lord Rover, it all kinda went along with that Go Plastic thing there. I take it that the other tracks on the release weren't neither anywhere near what you had in your mind? Imo that Dovedale is actually totally different from the other tracks on that album which sound nothing like Garrison.

Hah, it's very possible I understand DSP totally wrong anyway. I associate the term with some digital-only computer wankery, very close to the big post-millennial breakcore burst and with labels like Merck or artists as Datach'i and why not even Snares. I'm hearing Go Plastic and Drukqs more through their Drum'n bass / Jungle roots. Sound more organic. There are so damn few releases that have that same feel. EDM A2 and Steinvord must be the most obvious ones and now Heorge (shortridge ep+those free tracks). Maybe could count Bewwip and Vytear from the more recent stuff. Anyway, that's the thing that makes HG so special when compared to other fast stuff around. Dunno if any of that make any sense. Prolly just bullshit.

i always think bewwip is heorge. and heorge seems like steinvord, if steinvord tracks are not a group thing. i often feel like it really is tom and richard, but maybe it was beatwife all along. would be surprising if that's the case, though. honestly i could see the dovedale track being beatwife fucking around by making one of those beatles spoonerism bandcamps. but then on lord rover there are other references to steinvord... 

idfk. what is happening

would be sweet to get another release... 

and yeah bounce selector is great

• 2 weeks later...

The more I listen to it, the more it sounds like Richard doing Tom and Tom doing Richard. The atonality from track to track feels like it goes back and forth between their styles. I've listened to a lot of Beatwife and he definitely has chops, but it sounds like this is above his skill level. Not a dig on him, he just tends not to go into hyper detail with his stuff.

It really boggles my mind why someone would put that amount of effort into it and not want to take credit for it.

So on HG12 at 4:24, there's a sample of someone saying something (sounds like an English accent) and it sounds like a dead giveaway that it's Aphex. Plus that tambourine rhythm is straight up lifted from an Aphex track. Can't remember which one.

At any rate, bravo. This shit is nuts whoever the hell made it.

Yeah, "Snapbass (OR mix)" definitely leaves you scratching your head. When that little descending synth melody comes in, it totally sounds like Squarepusher.

Archived