IGNORED

Heorge Garrison & Steinvord speculation

Bitraete

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the HG stuff has its fans here but it doesn't come close to being comparable to the tuss releases, not to my ears. I hear a lot in the HG tracks and even Steinvord that lead me to believe it's Jodey Kendrick, admirable tracks and all that but simply not Aphex. There are breaks and other sounds that are lifted directly off Dunstable Trax and the EDM series. Tracks like Death Fuck completely (still) defy convention and I'll consider the Tuss releases groundbreaking for years. I don't hear those qualities in HG.

I'm not saying they aren't good or whatever but the "everything is aphex" trend... I don't get it. Granted these artists are playing off anonymity instead of just taking credit for their work, they're partially to "blame".

I agree

This track is great, I absolutely love it, but I don't see it being aphex.  A lot of the effects are kind of "basic" sounding whatever that means.  They're not deeply intricate

All Tuss is absolutely worlds above these tracks, and that's saying nothing bad about those tracks but simply speaking to how uniquely great tuss is

Maybe I'm biased because rushup edge is like my favorite thing in the whole world but w/e

that live effect doesn't sound very tight does it? can't be sure but afaik it's some kind of repeat effect that is tastefully used by someone that knows what they're doing but in essence is just a trigger FX

might be making it up tho

So, I need to have this HeorgeG 12" Does ayone know if i can order it from Holland/Europe???? Ship costs from US are c c c craaaazzzy...

Goddamn it Drinks?! We are wearing the same profili picture!?????

Reading this thread makes me dizzy. Somewhat surreal experience. Funny, hasn't happened before. Virtual shrooms. :cat: Keeps on giving.

try the skrillex thread

Now you mentioned it, I've some fond memories about this particular thread is steinvord none other than Sonny Moore .When the thread starts with such a metaphysical question as "who isn't steinvord", you know you are about to step into a world of something wonderful.

Archived