IGNORED

Heorge Garrison & Steinvord speculation

Bitraete

I'm pretty sure toothsucker was not on myspace.

The Myspace tracks were 160 yeah, except Iyff acid (192), Maelstrom (96) and Phorumwanky (96).

Edit: And you're right, only Backyard wasn't on Myspace. So there are ten tracks originally off Myspace and that one from the EP.

OK, cheers! :beer:

that garbage 'toothsucker' track isn't steinvord, it's just some random youtube song someone made. they also uploaded it titled as unreleased aphex/squarepusher at some point, with like 5 videos that had the same song.

on a side-topic, I was thinking today how we still don't know officially who steinvord is. I'm surprised their real name isn't listed in a music rights database (like 'The Tuss' was for RDJ). Maybe if someone uses a steinvord track in a TV/movie, then there may be a better chance of them crediting it to a real name.

p.s. I still think it's Jodey Kendrick behind all of this

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember, unless the artist is signed to Rephlex or is releasing independently, it's not Richard. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Steinvord was material back from the Mangle 11 days, but as Heorge Garrison is singed to a label, there's no possible chance it's him. Doesn't even really sound like AFX, either

I'm pretty sure toothsucker was not on myspace.

The Myspace tracks were 160 yeah, except Iyff acid (192), Maelstrom (96) and Phorumwanky (96).

Edit: And you're right, only Backyard wasn't on Myspace. So there are ten tracks originally off Myspace and that one from the EP.

OK, cheers! :beer:

that garbage 'toothsucker' track isn't steinvord, it's just some random youtube song someone made. they also uploaded it titled as unreleased aphex/squarepusher at some point, with like 5 videos that had the same song.

on a side-topic, I was thinking today how we still don't know officially who steinvord is. I'm surprised their real name isn't listed in a music rights database (like 'The Tuss' was for RDJ). Maybe if someone uses a steinvord track in a TV/movie, then there may be a better chance of them crediting it to a real name.

p.s. I still think it's Jodey Kendrick behind all of this

IMO toothsucker is ok....We don't know what the deal with vord actually was, but Joyboss knows what it is/was, but isn't allowed to say...yet :spiteful:

After spending more or less ten years with the 11 steinvord tracks they are still dope. Why oh why there can't be more quality stuff like that. Some NER +10 stuff and Odan but that's basically all :unsure: .

^ That's some pretty fantastic programming. Could be less derivative, though, there are whole sections lifted off Steinvord and Drukqs.

Don't think it's Steinvord, too samey. Steinvord has like six different styles throughout the different tracks.

Yeah was going to say something very similar - Really great production and programming but stays in the same ballpark thematically throughout the track rather than the ADHD approach of a Steinvord piece.

What about VAETXH?

He has made some incredible shit but only a couple releases. What if he releases under other secret pseudonyms.

Like the mastery and control he has over that kind of glitchy sound. He's fucking nuts.

EDIT:

I mean he basically sounds like a dubstep artist channelling go-plastic-era squarepusher. He had to start somewhere. Maybe steinvord was Rob Clouth's earlier work before he perfected his craft and honed in on dubstep stuff.

EDIT2: Okay maybe not. I guess he had some other aliases... still where can one find these old tracks of his?

What alias' have you produced under?

I make pleasantechno under the name 'Ither' and electro housey stuff under 'Dr:oid'.

What about VAETXH?

Being a little out of touch I'd never heard of this guy, but that's lovely.

Am only just catching up with Steinvord too - sounds excellent.

What about VAETXH?

He has made some incredible shit but only a couple releases. What if he releases under other secret pseudonyms.

Like the mastery and control he has over that kind of glitchy sound. He's fucking nuts.

EDIT:

I mean he basically sounds like a dubstep artist channelling go-plastic-era squarepusher. He had to start somewhere. Maybe steinvord was Rob Clouth's earlier work before he perfected his craft and honed in on dubstep stuff.

EDIT2: Okay maybe not. I guess he had some other aliases... still where can one find these old tracks of his?

What alias' have you produced under?

I make pleasantechno under the name 'Ither' and electro housey stuff under 'Dr:oid'.

holy shit thats good stuff... tons better than steinvord!

Don Rivets

Dr Investo

Ron V Edits

Tron Dives

Nord Stevi

Vod Rinset

Vet Sindor 

Doesnt Riv

Trev Sondi

Vert Ondis

Dirt Ovens

Sven Ordit

Dove Rinst

Div Tensor

TR Nosediv

Stone Vird

Vort Snide

Denis Vort

Snot Diver

sounds like the "band" from the shobaleader 1 album

The steinvord tracks are from years ago though. That to me sounds like the same guy with years of focusing in on his sound and production

lol, yes. Just realized that I haven't given a single thought to the possibility (or to the fact) that the new steinvord stuff would actually be somewhat different from the tracks we have heard. Like pointed out a couple of times, these tracks are old so the progression to some direction in vord's sound is quite the only logical thing to happen. I've been just assuming that if there were new steinvord tracks to pop out they would sound like...well steinvord.

Now looking back the last year or so, there has come out bunch of stuff I've been told are steinvords

HG - Shortridge ep

Bewwip - Bewwip

EDM - F & i

Rognvald - R.O.G.N.V.A.L.D

Ruby My Dear - Basic

And why not Vytear - Kingtrips EP 1

I don't know. Still not convinced, although there are some great stuff there. OK I've said it way too many times. Will see myself out.

Oh and, ^such effort, such wow :dadjoke:

Archived