IGNORED

Bull Wallet! An autechre fanzine (Working title)

Soloman Tump

Yeah, this could actually be done.  I guess as long as everyone gave permission for their image to be used

I'm still embarrassed by my hideous misspelling of Duchess.... No idea why I put a 't' in there

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick note to say that YES this Zine is going to happen.

I'm currently working on issue 3 of Snare/Rush zine, then BULL_WALLET! will be next.

Will formalise the call for submissions procedure, format, deadlines etc at a later date.

Happy to receive ideas through email / PM in the interim though.

Cheers all

• 5 months later...

Snare/Rush issue 3 is now finally at the printers so I am now turning my attentions to getting this zine off the ground.

I will message people who have said they are willing to contribute to see if the are still keen, and anyone else who wants to join in please message me or write stuff here.

Once I have an idea of the scope of content I can start working out the size of the zine and best way to format / present the content. Aiming for March 2018 release for this.

Let's do this.

• 3 weeks later...

When you know what you need, Id be down to help with a layout or two...

Great, thanks. I'm thinking layout is pretty key to making this a success. Whilst the cut and paste homemade look is fine for my personal zines, a tribute to autechre needs to be a precise planned construction. Happy to discuss further on PM if you have any ideas?

Hey hey, I would like to submit some short form cryptic writing/poetry that often comes out while listening to autechre!

Hey, this sounds perfect. Happy to receive any submissions of this nature.

I'd definitely be up for buying one of these as well as contributing to some poetry. I could write about the time I listened to Eastre on loop in a floatation tank?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Resurrective bump on this thread.

If anyone is *SERIOUS* about contributing towards an autechre fanzine then prime me with your ideas.

PM or e-mail would be best (zine @ snarerush.co.uk)

I don't want it to be just a leaflet full of watmm memes as I hope that the output would be consumed by a wider audience but fun / meme-like ideas can still have their place.

I have a few people who are definitely in and hopefully working on content.

Still no definite submission closing date but I will see how it goes and update from there.

Cheeaers!

I don't want it to be just a leaflet full of watmm memes as I hope that the output would be consumed by a wider audience but fun / meme-like ideas can still have their place.

You mean promoting and stuff? I'd be interested to hear how do you envision this zine... like a e-zine, shared over social media, have it's own landing site at watmm domain, send a promo issue over to pitchfork... ?

Will it have periodic sections, like some sort of news as well?

Maybe for the debut issue you secure a dank interview with sean and rob...

However, I had the impression this was meant to be like those internal punk zines from the 80s, and more self-serving to the watmm audience. But I support 'going out' with it, if it will have some merit and not be just a half-assed joke ifyouknowwhatimean

Why "Bull Wallet"? I mean your attitude and motivation are commendable, but that is a shit name. It sounds like a bdsm catalog.

Bull Wallet is an Autechre watmm meme. It stems from the Exai speculation Photoshop thread from 2014. Shite it was 2012, time flies

Hence working title.

I currently intend for this to be a one-off body of work. Just a wide celebration / analysis of all things Autechre. Don't think I will send a copy to pitchfork, maybe I will though.

have sean interview ios about the 08 recreation

I will reach out....

Archived