IGNORED

Venetian Snares + Daniel Lanois

Bob Dylan

People not knowing either Daniel Lanois or Brian Blade makes me feel old... 

nah just people stuck in idm rabbit hole i think or something... super weird. to me lanois is up there with rick rubin if i had to list famous big deal producers...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

almost lolled hard when snares beats first kick in as it kinda killed the vibe, but after a minute i was totally on board with what they were doing.

This ! Really thought it would be 10mn of Sefeel-y ambient guitar, until he unleashed the beast ! It's surprisingly well-fitting tho !

Lanois is also a key part of Apollo Atmospheres and Soundtracks with Eno, his steel guitar sounds and production really took it to the next level, especially on Deep Blue Day (featured in Trainspotting) - that whole album was also recorded in Canada

Ah yeah I couldn't name what did the slide guitar make me think of during the first minutes of the track but yeah it's totally Apollo !

very cool and very unexpected...well i guess they're both canadian...excited to hear more.

The last Lanois record "Flesh + Machine" and the associated dub n drum jam session live stuff on youtube is great fun and worth spending some time with...I really like the simple approach he takes in presenting his electronic music in the flesh. His steel and guitar playing are both pretty unique...great sounds...

and yeah, Brian Blade is quite drummer...saw him on a two night stand with Bill Frisell in Austin once upon a time....a rare musician..

Guest bitroast

almost lolled hard when snares beats first kick in as it kinda killed the vibe, but after a minute i was totally on board with what they were doing.

This ! Really thought it would be 10mn of Sefeel-y ambient guitar, until he unleashed the beast ! It's surprisingly well-fitting tho !

lol yeah. took me by surprise at first but then it settled in in a Chinaski kind of way. track is nice. 

Tickets are out for Toronto for Daniel Lanois, boy people are for in a surprise when Aaron starts breakcoring the shit out of the place when all boomers want is to hear "Jolie Louise"    :emotawesomepm9:

this is good but what ever happened to his "doesn't even sound like music" album that was supposed to be forthcoming and most likely features He Shat Out His Own Skeleton etc. as a track?

I thought the drums were going to come in like a jump scare cause of this trailer

what ever happened to his "doesn't even sound like music" album that was supposed to be forthcoming and most likely features He Shat Out His Own Skeleton etc. as a track?

According to a very credible source, that album will come out after this one with Daniel Lanois.

I was told that the material he displayed during his live tour where he used his eurorack (that I was lucky enough to see live) would be "the album after the next album".

Edit: source was pretty much the best source you could ask for. 

what ever happened to his "doesn't even sound like music" album that was supposed to be forthcoming and most likely features He Shat Out His Own Skeleton etc. as a track?

According to a very credible source, that album will come out after this one with Daniel Lanois.

I was told that the material he displayed during his live tour where he used his eurorack (that I was lucky enough to see live) would be "the album after the next album".

Your source is top sauce

Your source is top sauce

I hope so! =p

• 6 months later...

Your source is top sauce

I hope so! =p

My source was "The Source", by circuit city.

• 2 months later...

Ok guys. We need to talk about this collab again.

The set at DFN was one of the most mind bending experiences ever. The collab may seem odd on paper, but it’s truly a match made in heaven. Slide guitar meets break core? More, please.

Special thanks to Omni, et al for enhancing the evening, with your fellowship ?

Ok guys. We need to talk about this collab again.

The set at DFN was one of the most mind bending experiences ever. The collab may seem odd on paper, but it’s truly a match made in heaven. Slide guitar meets break core? More, please.

Special thanks to Omni, et al for enhancing the evening, with your fellowship

have you seen vsnares' live solo stuff in the past couple of years? how does it compare?

Solo stuff has been pretty mental, last time I went it was straight up glitch though, he brought some modular equipment with him to the show. 

Only comparable to like, HCCBU or Winter in the Belly.... 

That was a year or two ago though, not sure on solo 2017 stuff. Sorry I guess my post here is useless then, now that I think about it.

• 2 months later...

Archived