IGNORED

Venetian Snares + Daniel Lanois

Bob Dylan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why do people keep using x as an and

it reads like Venetian Snares by Daniel Lanois, in that the guy covered a bunch of Snares trax

[ triggered ]

why do people keep using x as an and

it reads like Venetian Snares by Daniel Lanois, in that the guy covered a bunch of Snares trax

[ triggered ]

I always thought it meant "cross" as in collab, two styles "cross".

VSnares cross Daniel Lanois

lol... if this was a valentines day release

The real reason there's an x is probably best articulated by the release note:

“An appetite for the unknown" - Daniel Lanois 

What's that variable you're always finding for the unknown in algebra/calculus etc? x right?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

pre-ordered the cd, hope it's not 'versions' the way traditional synth music's bonus cd was. Hope it's a datachi system sorta thing, lotsa tracks just maybe different mood/feel on the second cd

• 2 weeks later...

the night video is excellent...overwhelmed with details

at first I was turned off because it felt a little Windows Media Player, but maybe that's even the POINT lol

Zappa and the Mothors of Pressroll

First listen is up. United P92: WOW!!! Not going to listen to any more, waiting for my copy, mailed today.

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/26/604412735/first-listen-venetian-snares-and-daniel-lanois-venetian-snares-x-daniel-lanois?utm_campaign=storyshare

Thanks. Not really sure what to make of this yet, of the two tracks I've heard it really does seem like completely contrasting styles pitted against one another. More confrontation than collaboration. Weird stuff for sure and something that I feel will personally require a few listens to grasp. Right out of the gate though I know I'm enjoying this a lot more than the she cried tiny brick houses whatever its name was thing.

the she cried tiny brick houses whatever its name was thing.

I'm trying to write a short story and listen to it all the way through, I want to listen to the new stuff but I don't think it would fit the theme

also theme there's a theme in brick houses, that one track with "Under the Guise of Learning" and then SAY SCHOOL BUS YELLOW 17 TIMES SAY YOUR OWN NAME AND CRY. He's joking like maybe canadian education is a little better but they're both shit. Also he probably had to learn TIME SIGNATURE shit all on his own thru internet research because deficient school

Edit: time signature idm hilarious unsubtle commentary on previous idm, this is not even actually dance music, therefore timesig is irrelevant\

Edit: you might think drugs but it's like two steps of reasoning dudes

also I knew npr was like postrock but didn't know if they'd have the balls for this. I know Bbyonchord was on CPTV once, throws in subconscious snippet of Omgyiya Switch7

Archived