IGNORED

Fxbip Experimental Braindance

fxbip

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I ask how you wrote this? Do you start from the beginning, from a beat, a tune, chords, what? Just curious

I make all melodies and chords first in one session with a temporary loop beat.

I write section by section.I dont go to next section until the one in construction is done.

I layer bunch of synth lines in a loop,sometimes more than whats possible to play at once and then mix them later in the final arrangement process so they clash as less as i can.So i can have like 10 synths for a section but they wont all play at once,but will have a dialogue between them once i arrange them in the final process.

Then i go to next section and repeat the process.

Its good to that this way cause you're focus on making your section tight and varied instead of full track arrangement which is too much if doing a progressive track with like 5-6-7 section.

Then when all my sections are done i make full track arrangement and structure.

Then sometimes i add FX or small synth lines coming like once in the track to make things more interesting a bit.

And then usually in a 2nd composing session i finish drums and mixing.

Usually i try to finish track in 1( best)2 (very good )or 3 (good) session so i dont lose interest and vibes for them.

I dont harmonize melodies.I use pure free melody flow.I use my ear and instinct only ( play stuff in scales,usually but im putting much chromatism spices too)It gives a free melodic vibes and a less squarey harmony feel.

Ive discovered this technique gives excellent result in electronic.It feels less mechanical in the melodies when doing this.

So free,extended harmony pretty much.Like in a free jazz jam.I mix bunch of scales and modes.

The melodic composing process is purely melodic.I go and write as freely as i want and add chords in the process.I almost never go and write a chord and follow the harmony of the chords with the melody.I do sometimes but very rarely.

Because taking a chord and just writing a melo with that will almost give a triad feel and melodies are not rich and interesting enough that way imo.

It gives a arpeg feel instead of an organic melodic feel.But even when using that technique using notes outside of the chord and being ingenious and bold in melodies is far more interesting and gives unique results.

Thx for listening!

• 3 weeks later...

who is tuss? have not heard this music, it is erectronic? related to bleeps and bloops and hisses?....but yeah in all seriousness, killllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllller tunes as usual bipper :music:

This is intense braindance, man! Intensive care (because you do) braindance.  :emotawesomepm9:

A pretty accurate representation of racing thoughts in audio form. Driving and listening to this would be ill advised for the same reasons driving and listening to Venetian Snares or Motorhead is. You'll do it anyways, won't you, you rebels.

Worm Bass 3 and Ambivalence are my fav of the bunch. Great stuff!

This is intense braindance, man! Intensive care (because you do) braindance.  :emotawesomepm9:

A pretty accurate representation of racing thoughts in audio form. Driving and listening to this would be ill advised for the same reasons driving and listening to Venetian Snares or Motorhead is. You'll do it anyways, won't you, you rebels.

Worm Bass 3 and Ambivalence are my fav of the bunch. Great stuff!

Music for intensive racing motorized snare drums braindance addict rebels!

:P thx guys!

who is tuss? have not heard this music, it is erectronic? related to bleeps and bloops and hisses?....but yeah in all seriousness, killllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllller tunes as usual bipper :music:

Erectronic.

Perfection.

Greatest genre name ever.

;) 

Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Bringin the pain as always! Definitely got that Syro-ness down. You went over your process earlier in the thread, but mind if I ask what hardware/software you're using?

Hardware:

Synths:DSI Tetra,DSI Mopho desktop,Yamaha DX7,Akai AX73,Roland JX-8P 

FX: Neunaber slate,reprogrammable pedal(chorus,delay,reverb,shimmer etc,VERY good pedal)

Software:

Synths:Absynth5 (the demo actually,still have not bought it haha) ,Monark(demo),FM8,OBXD(free Oberheim emulator,top free vsti),fabfilter twin 2,Sylenth 1,synplant,Oberheim SEM by arturia

Drum machines:Microtonic,Ephemere,Addictives Drums

FX:Inear Display plugins(Gorgon,Incipit,R_Mem,Bow Echo),Ambience reverb,NUGEN stereoizer,Artillery 2 (looper on drum bus mainly),bus driver comp,Reaper natives FX

And the TX16wx free sampler with samples (http://samples.kb6.de/downloads.php this for drum machines)

Pretty much all i use.Very often i will use only Tetra because im lazy on the plug-unplug synths business.

And sometimes only software.Ive done tracks with FM8 only and Absynth 5 only.

You can totally make awesome stuff with only software by the way.And i would even go further:you can make awesome stuff with demos of software synths too.Natives demo are fully usable for 30min.Render your tracks and channel.Bam free native synth.Thats what i do for Absynth and Monark.

You can totally make awesome stuff with only software by the way.And i would even go further:you can make awesome stuff with demos of software synths too.Natives demo are fully usable for 30min.Render your tracks and channel.Bam free native synth.Thats what i do for Absynth and Monark.

I hear you. I used to just use Reaper, and SP-404, and a crappy synth and was mostly happy with the results. On the other hand, DAYUM you got alotta shit. Good on ya!

I hear you. I used to just use Reaper, and SP-404, and a crappy synth and was mostly happy with the results. On the other hand, DAYUM you got alotta shit. Good on ya!

Gotta love the Analogue lush and the FM bliss! You can only use software but does not mean you have to! hehehe :P 

Archived