IGNORED

Fxbip Experimental Braindance

fxbip

Classical direction sounds great - any fave composers? I love Brahms myself

Beethoven,Gesualdo,Ligeti,Bach are my top favorite composers.

Love some stuff by Mozart,Shostakovich,Brahms,Schumann,Schoenberg,Berg,Wagner,Haydn,Palestrina,Bartok as well.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work! Percussion is great, very computery and complex but not too dry and artificial sounding. Great melody work and nice clean mix.

I'd have more fithy, gritty bits going on, but if this is what you're going for then you got it. :smile:

• 4 weeks later...

what programs has beens used? can tell it's pretty digital but very lush bins. is what   ..?

I use a lot of analogue and a lot of digital.

Tetra,Akai ax73,JX8p for analogue

DX7,PSR36 for hardware FM

Absynth 5,Synplant,Oberheim clone from arturia in digital.For Lush weird pads and ambience mainly.Synplant is sick for glitches too.

Sylenth 1 too for ravey dark intense supersaw riffs.

Sometimes Monark for bass.

Drums are all samples sequenced in a computer.

excellent stuff, congrats! brian and karen would be proud  :biggrin:

how are you typically processing your signals?

the mix for langueurs stands-out to me. funny how much frequency slotting has to do with the quality of a mix.

i am sure your processes are similar for langueurs as they are on your other tracks but, langueurs has less frequency fighting going on and the mix sounds excellent for that.

excellent stuff, congrats! brian and karen would be proud  :biggrin:

how are you typically processing your signals?

the mix for langueurs stands-out to me. funny how much frequency slotting has to do with the quality of a mix.

i am sure your processes are similar for langueurs as they are on your other tracks but, langueurs has less frequency fighting going on and the mix sounds excellent for that.

Thanks!

About mixing:

I do know i can be wildy inconsistent in mixing quality i must confess,:P partially cause i cant mix loud all the time because of neighbours.So sometime i do the job with lesser means and volume. And have a tendencies to put a bit too much layers of synths hahaha :P 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

damn man, you're really prolific! ...but not just the quantity, therez quality in your music. million things happens in this track!

you manage to produce your own voice in this specific style of music but also in mixing techniques 

hey great tracks, thanks for sharing.

i like what you're doing but one thing that stands out in all your tracks is that your beats are a bit buried and could use a boost in volume to make them more dynamic. It sounds like you've got everything sorted with them but they need a finishing touch of compression and eq. 

Just my thoughts, otherwise great work and looking forward to more.

i like what you're doing but one thing that stands out in all your tracks is that your beats are a bit buried and could use a boost in volume to make them more dynamic. It sounds like you've got everything sorted with them but they need a finishing touch of compression and eq. 

Thanks.

Usually i choose to lower drums before lowering synths cause i prefer synths over drums and they are the focus of tracks.

But it's quite hard in some tracks to balance everything properly cause the tracks have so much synths happening.

It is just a fucking huge puzzle to mix,and my mixing habilities are far from being perfect.

Still trying to figure things out,slowly making progress,in drums mixing also,which i have some difficulty in making it right.

But thanks for mentioning it will try my best to make it better in that aspect.

Some of the tracks posted here now released.

https://fxbip.bandcamp.com/album/walking-on-the-razors-edge

Thanks.

Usually i choose to lower drums before lowering synths cause i prefer synths over drums and they are the focus of tracks.

But it's quite hard in some tracks to balance everything properly cause the tracks have so much synths happening.

It is just a fucking huge puzzle to mix,and my mixing habilities are far from being perfect.

Still trying to figure things out,slowly making progress,in drums mixing also,which i have some difficulty in making it right.

But thanks for mentioning it will try my best to make it better in that aspect.

Some of the tracks posted here now released.

https://fxbip.bandcamp.com/album/walking-on-the-razors-edge

Congrats on releasing your tracks! Totally understand about it being difficult to balance. You do have so much going on and I'd personally be overwhelmed with the mix. Massive respect for your skills in putting all of the pieces together.

Archived