IGNORED

Fxbip Experimental Braindance

fxbip

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great track man! 

p.s. what monitors/headphones do you have? if yo dont mind

JBL LSR2325p for Monitors and Shure SRH 440 for headphones.

The monitors are pretty good.

Headphones are ok, i can make tracks on them BUT not finish them cause the levels are not good when mixing with them.Always finish on monitors cause channels levels are weird on the Shure.

i knew it must be something good. those speakers are great; friend of mine have them! i almost bought them myself for a very good price but at the end i had enough money for new neumanns. now everything i did before them sounds terrible, everything on my soundcloud sounds totally wrong... as do majority of pro music, btw. i can rarely find music that i wouldnt change if i could. they're soooo analytical!

i knew it must be something good. those speakers are great; friend of mine have them! i almost bought them myself for a very good price but at the end i had enough money for new neumanns. now everything i did before them sounds terrible, everything on my soundcloud sounds totally wrong... as do majority of pro music, btw. i can rarely find music that i wouldnt change if i could. they're soooo analytical!

Yeah good speakers,for the price especially ive heard their among the best,im no monitor expet tho,but these do the job for me.

And i often feel i dont take full advantage of them cause i cant mix very loudly because of neighbours.

hahaha yeah the sad consequences of HD audio haha

what i most admire about your music is that you do it in like what? 5 hours, these "excerpts" for me are already full songs and you just hocus pocus them like that, that's some real mastery!!! just to clarify my dumbness, you only use the monologue for the melodies right? the beats come from somewhere else... not really feeling the melodies in this last one... :( i really like the dirty bassline but the delayed high pitched ones sound really wtf... i know it's intentional though...

what i most admire about your music is that you do it in like what? 5 hours, these "excerpts" for me are already full songs and you just hocus pocus them like that, that's some real mastery!!! just to clarify my dumbness, you only use the monologue for the melodies right? the beats come from somewhere else... not really feeling the melodies in this last one... :( i really like the dirty bassline but the delayed high pitched ones sound really wtf... i know it's intentional though...

Yeah a track will take in between 3 and 14 hours.A loopy one will take usually 4-5 hours max.

More complex ones will take longer.Between 6 and 9 usually but can go up to 14 hours for the real difficult ones.

I have more of a ''lets get those juices flowing'' than a perfectionnist attitude.

I love the part of creating new melodies and arrangement and ideas the most.

Last track:Eh? its fine you cant like them all!

IT IS quite WTF.Atonal 13 notes scale haha

i felt the same again, i love the dirty basslines but the melodies are soooo strange, maybe i need to listen to them a bit more to get to know them better, like fernando pessoa used to say, primeiro estranha-se depois entranha-se = at first you find it strange but then it just entangles you"...

and i'm feeling that with KorgPH.13NTuning.Numb!

you forgot to tell me about where do the beats come from... i guess you're only using the monologue for the basslines and melodies...

i felt the same again, i love the dirty basslines but the melodies are soooo strange, maybe i need to listen to them a bit more to get to know them better, like fernando pessoa used to say, primeiro estranha-se depois entranha-se = at first you find it strange but then it just entangles you"...

and i'm feeling that with KorgPH.13NTuning.Numb!

you forgot to tell me about where do the beats come from... i guess you're only using the monologue for the basslines and melodies...

hahaha yeah they are quite weird ;) but i like them weird haha what can you do,maybe it will grow on you!!

Im experimenting with these ultra weird 13 notes scale sounds but im gonna be back with less weird stuff dont worry.

Beats are samples+sampler+fx

Only synths are Monologue.

Im experimenting with these ultra weird 13 notes scale sounds but im gonna be back with less weird stuff dont worry.

hahaha yeah they are quite weird ;) but i like them weird haha what can you do,maybe it will grow on you!!

Beats are samples+sampler+fx

Only synths are Monologue.

:thumbsup:

So, LLone Dance: I like this!  I'd reign in the drums a tiny bit, such as that break at 0:27, so it's more obvious it's doing a sort of triplet thing for a bit and not just being random...  But then, you'd have to be careful not to reign it in too much, as the variation and syncopation give it a lot of its character in the first place.  That might well just be personal preference though, on the whole repetition vs. random spectrum.  I like all the diversions, I'd just make it a little clearer where the listener's footing should be so they don't freefall, if that makes sense.

Drums aside, it's very Analord style, you've captured well that very specific kind of melancholy vibe.  Depending on how similar to Analord you want to be, versus making it its own thing in its own right, I'd vary up the structure a bit.  It's mostly this one thing all the way through.  Say you scrub back and forth around the track without looking, you'd be hard pressed to say whether you're near the beginning or the end when listening to any given section.

OK, so let's look at, say, Bodmin 1 from Analord 6 for comparison:

You've got these drums and a squiggly acidline, with bits coming and going... then at 1:12 you get this weird hook come in, making it quite noticeably a different part of the track...  Then just before 4 minutes in, it segues into this crescendo manic ending kinda thing that's quite different to the rest of the track.

By comparison, it might be because I'm not as familiar with LLone Dance, but it seems to have a similar kind of progression going on, but it's too subdued, too subtle, to really notice all that much.  There's that quiet bit in the middle...  A new bit comes in at 4:36, that sounds like it might progress and swell into this interesting new section, coming to the forefront and overpowering the rest... but it doesn't, it just stays in the background.  Then you've got this staccato bit for the very end, which is good, but had it come after building up that previous bit, it could be this real boombastic ending.

I think what I'm trying to get at here is that I like all the individual components of the track, but when you put it all together, it could do with more exaggerated buildups and changes from one part to the next.  For such a loud and upfront track, its structure is quite subtle.  Is subtlety appropriate for that style?

But again, this is all personal opinion, so take my taste with a pinch of salt.  It's a well crafted track, and clearly you've put in a lot of effort that's paid off.  I just think you can make it more epic if you want to.

(I haven't read the other comments, so sorry if any of this is redundant.)

So, LLone Dance: I like this!  I'd reign in the drums a tiny bit, such as that break at 0:27, so it's more obvious it's doing a sort of triplet thing for a bit and not just being random...  But then, you'd have to be careful not to reign it in too much, as the variation and syncopation give it a lot of its character in the first place.  That might well just be personal preference though, on the whole repetition vs. random spectrum.  I like all the diversions, I'd just make it a little clearer where the listener's footing should be so they don't freefall, if that makes sense.

Drums aside, it's very Analord style, you've captured well that very specific kind of melancholy vibe.  Depending on how similar to Analord you want to be, versus making it its own thing in its own right, I'd vary up the structure a bit.  It's mostly this one thing all the way through.  Say you scrub back and forth around the track without looking, you'd be hard pressed to say whether you're near the beginning or the end when listening to any given section.

OK, so let's look at, say, Bodmin 1 from Analord 6 for comparison:

You've got these drums and a squiggly acidline, with bits coming and going... then at 1:12 you get this weird hook come in, making it quite noticeably a different part of the track...  Then just before 4 minutes in, it segues into this crescendo manic ending kinda thing that's quite different to the rest of the track.

By comparison, it might be because I'm not as familiar with LLone Dance, but it seems to have a similar kind of progression going on, but it's too subdued, too subtle, to really notice all that much.  There's that quiet bit in the middle...  A new bit comes in at 4:36, that sounds like it might progress and swell into this interesting new section, coming to the forefront and overpowering the rest... but it doesn't, it just stays in the background.  Then you've got this staccato bit for the very end, which is good, but had it come after building up that previous bit, it could be this real boombastic ending.

I think what I'm trying to get at here is that I like all the individual components of the track, but when you put it all together, it could do with more exaggerated buildups and changes from one part to the next.  For such a loud and upfront track, its structure is quite subtle.  Is subtlety appropriate for that style?

But again, this is all personal opinion, so take my taste with a pinch of salt.  It's a well crafted track, and clearly you've put in a lot of effort that's paid off.  I just think you can make it more epic if you want to.

(I haven't read the other comments, so sorry if any of this is redundant.)

Well what can i say.

Thanks for taking the time to write this novel of a track review hahahaha

More lengthy than most ALBUM reviews haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived