Fxbip Experimental Braindance

fxbip

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

thx for sharing mr fxbip!

Nice to see my fellow Canadians representin' heh :beer:  :beer:

Canada IDM olympic team, lush sonic-maple syrup for your braindance mornings!

Thx for listening friends!

here's a new one https://soundcloud.com/fxbip/stress

Fun & wild  :cool:  :music: , some of the (drum)sounds are a lill bit to dry for my taste, though nothing game-breaking. 

Must say you're right,drums are a bit dry and muddy,the weak point on this one ...might try to fix that later(or not and make more tracks hahaha)

You're on a roll lately! Any plans for a release ?  :music:

Got some things coming soon.2 track dark electro braindance ep (with the dark ax 73 track on it)and a  very smooth braindance album on Virtual Urban Records.

But those other tracks ive put here i dont know when,gotta find me another label to put more stuff out hahaaha

Faster one,not so Tussy but i like it a lot so i though i should post it

Very nice production!

It's not really my kind of style anymore but it's obvious that you know what you're doing :)

The only thing I noticed while listening to a couple of your tracks is that your drums have a tendency to sound pretty dry. Especially in "Easy Foxy" where the snare drum really cuts through the mix. I could simply be a matter of EQing it differently. But hey, you might like the sound of it so I'll just keep my mouth shut :)

Very nice production!

It's not really my kind of style anymore but it's obvious that you know what you're doing :)

The only thing I noticed while listening to a couple of your tracks is that your drums have a tendency to sound pretty dry. Especially in "Easy Foxy" where the snare drum really cuts through the mix. I could simply be a matter of EQing it differently. But hey, you might like the sound of it so I'll just keep my mouth shut :)

Thanks!

Yeah im still like making progress slowly in mixing,its the part of production im the least at ease with.Im still learning about it on the way.

But i like dry.But i  think you guys are right,i guess it could be improved!

Bringin the pain as always! Definitely got that Syro-ness down. You went over your process earlier in the thread, but mind if I ask what hardware/software you're using?

Hardware:

Synths:DSI Tetra,DSI Mopho desktop,Yamaha DX7,Akai AX73,Roland JX-8P 

FX: Neunaber slate,reprogrammable pedal(chorus,delay,reverb,shimmer etc,VERY good pedal)

Software:

Synths:Absynth5 (the demo actually,still have not bought it haha) ,Monark(demo),FM8,OBXD(free Oberheim emulator,top free vsti),fabfilter twin 2,Sylenth 1,synplant,Oberheim SEM by arturia

Drum machines:Microtonic,Ephemere,Addictives Drums

FX:Inear Display plugins(Gorgon,Incipit,R_Mem,Bow Echo),Ambience reverb,NUGEN stereoizer,Artillery 2 (looper on drum bus mainly),bus driver comp,Reaper natives FX

And the TX16wx free sampler with samples (http://samples.kb6.de/downloads.php this for drum machines)

Pretty much all i use.Very often i will use only Tetra because im lazy on the plug-unplug synths business.

And sometimes only software.Ive done tracks with FM8 only and Absynth 5 only.

You can totally make awesome stuff with only software by the way.And i would even go further:you can make awesome stuff with demos of software synths too.Natives demo are fully usable for 30min.Render your tracks and channel.Bam free native synth.Thats what i do for Absynth and Monark.

Do you use any software to help interface your tetra with your DAW? I sold mine but I'm curious what solution you came up with.

Do you use any software to help interface your tetra with your DAW? I sold mine but I'm curious what solution you came up with.

Yeah bought the editor.Helps a lot.The patch creation one,not the automation one tho.

Tetra is a very deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep synthesizer.But without the editor 80% of its capacities are hidden or barely usable.You need it or its not as usable.So its quite computer dependent.

• 2 weeks later...

Tenderness is great. For some reason it reminds me of a sad, poor boy being brought up in North England looking out over fields and derelict buildings. 

Archived