IGNORED

The Future Sound of London - Archived : Environmental : Views (Record Store Day)

purlieu

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To anyone who got this, is the sleeve thick card stock, and are there inners to hold each record?

Yes. And the inners are thick card stock as well.  Really nice package.

and the music is amazing too.

I'm 99.9999% sure it will.

The CD version will feature the full 'Environmental' album, which is absolutely superb, a continuation of 6 and 6.5. It also features most of the new tracks from Views, and one of the Archived tracks. Looks like a pretty solid cut-down, as far as these things go.

Archived is a bit of an odd disc, some of the unreleased ones are good (Numbers and Colours in particular), but mixed up with a bunch of released tracks it feels a bit disjointed. Environmental is absolutely terrific. Views is really beautiful, although again the familiarity of a couple of tracks makes it a touch odd. But it's wonderful to hear a full album of their classical/ambient stuff.

Ha, if there's one thing FSOL aren't, it's comprehensive. The 'enhanced' versions of Archives 1-3 (ie gapless with new segues) have been on Beatport for about five years yet never turned up on FSOLDigital.

Ha, if there's one thing FSOL aren't, it's comprehensive. The 'enhanced' versions of Archives 1-3 (ie gapless with new segues) have been on Beatport for about five years yet never turned up on FSOLDigital.

Never even knew about those.

Those were the CDs that got re-released as a box set with 4-5?

I can't remember which right now but my download of one (or two) of the first 3 Archives doesn't match the current d/l tracklist available on fsol digital.com, or the 1-5 cd boxset.

I didn't realise there was an enhanced version either.

Those were the CDs that got re-released as a box set with 4-5?

As far as I know those were just the standard CDs in a screen-printed box.

The 2007 FSOLDigital Archives release was baffling, lots of tracks had different titles depending on whether you looked at the title on the site, the filename or the id3 tag. There are also two tracks from Archive 3 (LA7 and Mulleck Well) which aren't on subsequent versions.

The Enhanced Editions are the only versions available on Beatport. I'm so used to the original versions of them that hearing the tracks all segue together actually sounds weird to me now so I stick with the standard versions.

But yeah, being a FSOL fan can be complicated at times. I'm working on a FSOL wiki at the minute and I know it's going to take so long making sure I have every version of every track / release on there.

Aye that's the original version with different typeface for the vinyl edition - Obviously the biggest 'wrongness' there is the tracklisting as the CD version is gonna be the cutdown 1 CD version of the RSD 3xLP edition

Surprised they haven't released a digital edition.

I'm glad a cd version is coming, but as a completist, especially w FSOL, I rather have the full triple lp set than some (most) of the tracks..

Lucky you!!

That should make everyone happy

Edit: although those digital prices are quite steep if you've already forked out for the physical from somewhere else

Well they didn't last long, hopefully everyone who wanted one managed to order in time. I was on that purchase button the second the email came through, was actually hunting around the web for a copy for a decent price when it arrived.

Well they didn't last long, hopefully everyone who wanted one managed to order in time. I was on that purchase button the second the email came through, was actually hunting around the web for a copy for a decent price when it arrived.

Gary said more stock is incoming to http://www.fsoldigital.com

Archived