IGNORED

The Future Sound of London - Archived : Environmental : Views (Record Store Day)

purlieu

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the vinyl + MP3 downloads sent to email, or is it a download slip in the vinyl sleeve?

Email, although mine was in my junk folder. Can also download by logging into your account on the site

Mine came on Saturday. The status thing on FSOLDigital isn't always trustworthy, I still have items in there that are unshipped that I received in the post months ago.

Try emailing your order number to graham@frdm.co.uk, that should get through to their manager who'll be able to look it up for you.

Well, I nabbed a copy of this today and the 12" is in the mail. So far the download sounds pretty sweet. Between that and the incoming monthly releases for the 2017 Calendar mp3 album (which has bits and pieces of their side projects)... these guys are prolific.

3LP:

'Archived' is some unreleased archives plus some tracks from the previously available archive releases.

'Environmental' is an entirely new album.

'Views' is a collection of piano & string pieces, some of which have been on Environments releases and Life in Moments, plus a number of new tracks in that vein.

CD:

The whole of 'Environmental', most of the new pieces from 'Views', one unreleased track from 'Archived' and two otherwise unavailable pieces.

So yeah, the CD version really feels like a new album, whilst the 3LP version is a bit strange if you've got all the Archive and Environments releases as there are some overly familiar tracks. On the other hand, completists will want the 3LP for the otherwise unavailable tracks, and the Views LP is a beautiful disc in its own right.

I'm mostly listening to the CD as it's an incredibly cohesive, unbroken experience. I think I actually prefer it to Environments 6 and 6.5, it's just a really amazing work start to finish.

Well, I nabbed a copy of this today and the 12" is in the mail. So far the download sounds pretty sweet. Between that and the incoming monthly releases for the 2017 Calendar mp3 album (which has bits and pieces of their side projects)... these guys are prolific.

Yeah, throw in the 46 track double album from last year, not to mention the LPs as Synthi A and Blackhill Transmitter, plus new Amorphous, Humanoid and Yage albums in the works... 

The Humanoid album has been in the works for a while. First track appeared on Touched Two:

There was a fucking mental whacked out IDM track on their last radio show (EBS 11, late last year). And an Environments 6-esque mellow analogue piece as May's track for the calendar album.

Brian's still not finished it yet, last thing I heard.

A Yage EP called Pygmy People was announced in 2013, then they decided to extend it to an album and I think it's out soon.

Plus all of this stuff.

Archived