IGNORED

Scottish Independence Round 2 announced.

pcock

another chance to abandon the vile, right wing idiocy that is the english electorate. our chances are so much stronger after brexit aswell. still appaulingly embarrased to be born of a nation that voted the tories in for a majority even after seeing first hand how brutally amorale and self-serving they are. mon scotland. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2017/mar/13/article-50-commons-lords-brexit-sturgeon-speech-corbyn-clarifies-his-position-on-second-scottish-independence-referendum-saying-hes-opposed-politics-live

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

harsh words. i'm not vile (imo) or right wing and i'm part of the english electorate. maybe this kind of inflammatory language is a bad idea...jus sayin'

Forgive my ignorance on the matter, but does Scotland have any assurances that it would be allowed / accepted to join the EU once it left the UK? I guess as long as it is financially stable and can balance the books / pay the joining fees etc...

And if so, would we be looking at Scotland changing over to the Euro as its currency once it ditches GBP....?

Plenty of questions arise from this situation.

Also...

another chance to abandon the vile, right wing idiocy that is the english electorate. our chances are so much stronger after brexit aswell. still appaulingly embarrased to be born of a nation that voted the tories in for a majority even after seeing first hand how brutally amorale and self-serving they are. mon scotland. 

Harsh language. Yes, the tories have a majority, but Labour right now is a fucking joke so until those in charge pull their fingers out of their bottoms and come up with a decent / coherent / credible opposition strategy then their ain't any other option.

It sounds like they would have to reapply to join, but it could be a pretty expedited process, as they already qualify for the economic and legislative standards for EU membership. the EU might want to allow them jump the queue just to piss off the english anyway. the only real sticking point might be the euro.

re-BUILD THAT (Hadrian's) WALL!

Can't tell what's right or wrong (or up/down, left/right), what with nations and peoples acting so irrational these days, but I hope that whichever way you guys go its for the best.  British pols like that cunt Farage have definitely left you and NI in the lurch alright.

harsh words.

you haven't figured out that we care more about some abstract ideology than being decent to our fellow human beings?

ideologies dont have a nervous system or a mechanism to have an experience and yet for most people ideologies come first

"i am x and hate all of those who are y" wtf how can people allow themselves to be govern by these stupid ideologies, makes no sense to me, oh well 

anyways i dont know anything about British politics and i dont know Scotland's motivation to leave the union, scotland seems like a totally different country/culture dont know why they arent already independent 

May as well vote yes, Scot probably doesn't have much to lose at this point. Not sure how well an indie Scot economy would do now the North Sea is basically pumped dry, but I doubt it would be worse than post-Brexit rUK. Anyway this exiled Limey/Taff genuinely wishes you well if you do leave the UK.

I really wish the original vote went Yes. Purely from a selfish perspective I was craving some kind of Westminster kick-up-the-arse. Shame that so many other people decided to give them that kick via the EU ref.

scotland seems like a totally different country/culture dont know why they arent already independent

totally different to what? England? England is not the UK, just a country within it. the UK has a varied and shared cultural heritage going back thousands of years.

Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and England all actually have lots in common culturally, but also an identity making each county unique in their own way. we are the oldest union in the world and have been through so much together. in my view it's a very different kettle of fish to the European Union relationship and it would be incredibly sad to break us up.

That chimp-faced cunt Sturgeon just loves all the drama doesn't she. What an ugly beast lol.

Never was the saying Politics is showbusiness for ugly people ​more apt. Same applies to that arrogant pig-headed smarmy Salmond, though I think he's retired he's always on LBC droning on, loving the sound of his own voice. He's a massive cunt, though not as massive as she is.

The sooner the Scots get independence the better, if only I never have to see or hear about those two it will be well worth it.

Bit ironic how the opposition response to isolation is to isolate, but honestly If this is brought to the ballot I'd be really surprised if the majority voted to remain in the UK.  

That chimp-faced cunt Sturgeon just loves all the drama doesn't she. What an ugly beast lol.

Never was the saying Politics is showbusiness for ugly people ​more apt. Same applies to that arrogant pig-headed smarmy Salmond, though I think he's retired he's always on LBC droning on, loving the sound of his own voice. He's a massive cunt, though not as massive as she is.

The sooner the Scots get independence the better, if only I never have to see or hear about those two it will be well worth it.

Yeah fack orf salmond we want even more farage and katie hopkins on LBC. Hopefully they will give jacob rees mogg his own show where he wanks over all the latin words he managed to get into hansard

That chimp-faced cunt Sturgeon just loves all the drama doesn't she. What an ugly beast lol.

Sturgeon seems like a perfectly nice individual, especially compared to most politicians. Stop being a cunt.

That chimp-faced cunt Sturgeon just loves all the drama doesn't she. What an ugly beast lol.

Yeah fack orf salmond we want even more farage and katie hopkins on LBC. Hopefully they will give jacob rees mogg his own show where he wanks over all the latin words he managed to get into hansard

Tell him to behave in leman's terms so he'll understand it please. Two pints and he makes chunky look like a country gent, get him under control. No-ones asscheeks deserve this level of clenching

Archived