IGNORED

Tryshasla

bendish

Guest Chesney

Not heard this before and only 5 mins in but there is no software in this. Mostly field recordings and old synths. Lots of hiss from layers and layers of room recordings and poor gain staging (in a good way, crackles and pops giving character)

It's really nice. 

I may be wrong... as the beats kick in ha.

elements of drums may be software or at least samples of realer sounding drums but synths i'd still bet all were HW.

yeah, sounds like synths and samples + field recordings. Great album, one of my all time favorites.

Guest bitroast

ya love this album (plus the one before it with red black background baby on cover, plus the kettle collab album).

also the kettle collab track on this album is real nice. 

Kettle is a bit cheesy for me. Haven't checked their collab out yet. Yea lots of field samples. Can't find any info on the dude anywhere. Interviews etc He should be interviewed in Headphone Commute for sure. 

Guest Chesney

I'm listening to this again on a decent stereo not shitty work puter and i'd like to change my statement. many melodies sound written on piano roll. like flashbulb or even Ochre. 

So… basically he's blurred the lines and no one can actually tell. I'd say the actual tracks sound a bit too clean and Tycho for me but nice enough.

Who cares? there is no winner in Software vs hardware anyway ha

this is in my top 5 albums of all time.

i'd say this is impossible without software. so many tiny details of automation throughout this whole thing. i'm sure it's lots of field recordings and live recordings with tons of daw fx and automation.

but who cares, this is one of the most beautiful works of art in existence

Archived