IGNORED

Luke Vibert Presents UK Garave vol. 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear before there was only digital showing available for purchase. Vinyl showing now with only 7 remaining?

Might be a rare one, should snap it up if you can.

I swear before there was only digital showing available for purchase. Vinyl showing now with only 7 remaining?

Might be a rare one, should snap it up if you can.

You're not wrong. It was only digital before. Hypercolour did the same with the DJ Guy release and added the vinyl sometime after they put up the digital pre-order. I was holding off on pre-ordering as I suspected they might put out a physical release too. Thanks for the heads up Bulky, I nabbed me one!

Edit: could a kind mod please fix my autocorrect typo (auto-error?) in the title?

Bandcamp showing as Vinyl sold out now.

Showing as still for sale here.

Also I have to say, the price is quite nice for 2x12". If I still bought vinyl I'd be tempted.

Still gonna pick up the digitals

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got this earlier than expected, been blasting it out all morning.

In the same way that the Amen Andrews V Spac Hand Luke album was Luke's homage it jungle and dubstep, this is a combo of rave and late 90s uk garage and he rinses it well. Most of the garage element comes from a 909& classic break playing a 2-step rhythm, the odd chipmunk vocal , which is joined by a load of housey elements, pianos, M1 organs, divas deeving, & here we gos. And theres some classic Wagon Christy squiggles and psychedelic flourishes as well. The vibe is similar to that Luke Warm ep, kind of wonder why its out under his own name really, the conceit is perfect for a pseudonym, maybe its a sales thing. Either way i hope a vol.2 is in the works.

Just got this in, let's see if it's any good.

wot's the verdict?

wait - how'd you guys get it so early? =(

Yeah, no idea, I was expecting other orders to come in and was a bit suprised when I got this yesterday...

Verdict: this is much better than I was expecting it to be. Heard It All B4 is really amazing, sampling 808 State's Pacific State lush pads into something really nice. Fun as always. 

Archived