IGNORED

Luke Vibert Presents UK Garave vol. 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol at the thought of people in their front rooms relaxing and listening to a whole album of the type of music you only hear on shite fairground rides, and trying their hardest to like it :) :)

Lol at the thought of people in their front rooms relaxing and listening to a whole album of the type of music you only hear on shite fairground rides, and trying their hardest to like it :) :)

The OPN GoD thread is 60 pages long.

I think the album is pretty good. Heavily sample-based but ends up being pretty satisfying for someone who listens to tons of classic electronic albums. Am I the first one to notice the Drexciya sample? Open your ears gents, I think the album deserves more praise than it's getting here.

You could probably program an app to generate a Vibert track automatically. This isn't too bad though, it's lazy yes but the speed-garage tracks are very decent.

Some of the classic in the genre:

Can't wait for Vibert Presents Tekkkstep Vol.1 and Tranze '92 Vol 1.

I'm enjoying it! Banging tracks that don't take themselves too seriously (the usual from mr Luke).

Think Feel the Riddim and Clap Sing are my favs, followed by U Can't Touch Dat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

U Can't Touch Dat, Stop Gap, Clap Sing & Heard It All B4 (I keep adding tracks after posting here) are fucking fire. Suddenly in a big Vibert mood today and this album hits the SPOT.

Herr Jan you like this release because it sold out as opposed to what it sounds like. You said as much.

No he didn't.

He said "Been really enjoying this album lately."

And then he said "It's already going for semi-mad prices on Discogs, and it's really sold out at the label now?"

You know, like two, separate, unrelated statements.

He didn't say "I like this release because it's sold out and going for semi-mad prices on discogs".

Ye, thanks G. Missed this whole diss. I'm sure Richie is just joking though (I hope, lol).

I think the album is pretty good. Heavily sample-based but ends up being pretty satisfying for someone who listens to tons of classic electronic albums. Am I the first one to notice the Drexciya sample? Open your ears gents, I think the album deserves more praise than it's getting here.

Nah, I hear it too, thought that was pretty clever sampling too. I also really like the way he got Art of Noise in there

Archived