IGNORED

Actress - AZD

Squarepusher, eh? Talk about a guy with a higher opinion of himself than his (CURRENT, his old stuff fucking rules) output warrants...  :emotawesomepm9: 

Also the notion that easy ideas are bad ideas is the biggest cliche since Duchamp.

do you mean like a meme?

no it's like when at a party people make the gigantic mistake of asking what "bands" i like and i have to say "yeahh no i like electronic music" and then they say (with a carhart hat and pbr in hand) "oh ok cool! yeah like actress! really good stuff - it's like a deconstruction of electronic music stuff - like dirty.. conceptual stuff."

me: "yeah man it's good.. not my fav but it's good... what kind of stuff do you think he's deconstructing tho"

*blank stare*

me: *angry, i hate my life stare*

also me: "yo fuck you dude"

still me: "yo i will literally end you right now. it's on"

also still me: "What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo."

kek

This and the new Clark really makes me want to put four on the floor beats under all my noodlings and half-finished tracks and get signed to Warp/Ninja Tune/etc. Clark is at least occasionally decent but I just don't think I'll ever get Actress. I'll be on my way now :)

This and the new Clark really makes me want to put four on the floor beats under all my noodlings and half-finished tracks and get signed to Warp/Ninja Tune/etc. Clark is at least occasionally decent but I just don't think I'll ever get Actress. I'll be on my way now :)

I'm not a musician but give it a try. Clark is one of the most overrated artists out there, IMO. There's better artists on Bandcamp with no record deals.

Clark and Bibio have maybe the most outstanding debut albums in the last twenty years and yet their trajectory has been downhill all the way.

Having said that, lots of people on here really like them - which is good.

Edited by fumi

Somebody pls fix thred title to AZD for the OCD cru

Also for the sleppyheads dese are the traxx that came out recently on super limited cassette (lol) and digital vinlys, under ridiculous pseudonyms presumably none other than himself. Here u decide (I think so). Uber spliff is the bizness.

Somebody pls fix thred title to AZD for the OCD cru

Also for the sleppyheads dese are the traxx that came out recently on super limited cassette (lol) and digital vinlys, under ridiculous pseudonyms presumably none other than himself. Here u decide (I think so). Uber spliff is the bizness.

Woah thanks, totally missed these.

Weirdly enough I spent last week Spotifying Actress (I'm not one of the converted) and he still remains an enigma to me (maybe that's a good thing). I always think his music sounds like its created for vegetating on a beanbag with a bong, playing space invaders. Which sounds fantastic!

I'll definitely have a listen to this as I'm still intrigued with his music.

Edited by beerwolf

also from Actress , really wonder where he gets his melodies from, sometimes it sounds like he is sampling stuff from the 80´s.

my fav track is nr 10, a bit like autechre

https://www.discogs.com/Levantis-Romantic-Psychology-1/release/7436191

Edited by Kavinsky

also from Actress , really wonder where he gets his melodies from, sometimes it sounds like he is sampling stuff from the 80´s.

my fav track is nr 10, a bit like autechre

https://www.discogs.com/Levantis-Romantic-Psychology-1/release/7436191

hey this is great! didnt know this exist. thnx!

very nice