IGNORED

Actress - AZD

boring life story alert

​I've had Actress knocking about on my radar for eons, he's always there bleeping and blooping away at me, I think he's a waste of time, yet if this theory is correct, why does he keep waving at me via electromagnetic wave on my rusty old Orange Yeoman? 

So I prepared myself to finally solve this puzzle and don a cruciverbalist cape and get to the bottom of this peculiar mystery. Too cut a long story short, I spent a whole week just listening to his records and nothing else, and yes my friend I think he's still an enigma and a lot of it is perhaps still a waste of my time. But I cannot issue the order to unleash my Squadron of hunter killer jets for the final kill and to wipe him off the map for good. He's still there on the radar, still hazily bleeping and blooping and still waving at me. And I think I'll quite happily keep him there.

Edited by beerwolf

Remembers to not watch that video!

Is it him sort of talking about the AZD machine idea? I kind of like the way he has a vision of his work actually but yeah can be a bit much.

Lol no that would a similar type of bullshit though. Vision is great but be realistic, the inflation of an idea into grandiose territory is what kills me, that's just pure pretention.

that video gives me traumatic flashbacks to the times i have bullshitted through a job interview.

was it at werkdiscs
lol

Yeah, fair enough. I still love the music though, perhaps not the rhetoric. One of my favourite producers, if not my favourite personally. I have a very clear memory of how excited I was for RIP to come out. I feel there is considerable depth in his music and that album especially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow what an awesome interdisciplinary, mixed media piece of art

yea amazing its like an A.I creating music, and that part from 24:00 onwards sounds like erik satie ! 

Edited by Kavinsky

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

i really wanna know your thoughts on this. what missed for you here? imo it has as many flaws as his other albums. still lots of bangers here though.

i agree with this sentiment, all of his albums have bangers and some experiments that should have stayed on the shelf.  AZD is maybe the most consistent of the bunch?  Ghettoville is the weakest for me, has its moments but a bit of a slog to get through.

I do really like the aesthetic space he carves out on this. If he has to come up with his own artistic philosophy to achieve that, well, more power to him. It doesn't sound like anything else.

I think the inconsistency comes from not having other parties involved in vetting stuff, or at least it seems that way to me. He seems very hermetic. Also weed.

Hasnt Actress always been a strong polarizer and poster child of "you either get it or you dont"? Something about his palette has almost always appealed to me, it's catatonic and morose. Even the more recent Young Paint releases sound muddy for being his most clear-sounding work. AZD is fucking good, i still have vivid memories of listening to the record for the first time in my bedroom, albeit with some (rather appropriate) blue dream ??️

2 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

Also weed.

Definitely this, i think he's done entire interviews where he doesnt talk about anything except weed lol

• 8 months later...
8 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

edit : was thinking this new "unknown artist" 12 was from actress, then I listened to the sample lol WTF is this shit seriously ?

https://bleep.com/release/187029-unknown-artist-untitled?fbclid=IwAR1fZ59YWpJivXjHMND5OymWOjFMK2NIUkHEVVnDNtXLxm4mhw05Pcx9lPE

why did you make me click those

those samples are trash

fuckin' weak ass soundcloud teen level crap. those kicks are i m m a c u l a t e l y p u n c h y i can hear the fuckin VST sheen film of disgusting blandness penetrating every microsecond of those clips. 

?

really just hate that unknown artist speculation hype bullshit sorry. getting coffee i'll be better.

anyway.....

Actress has been posting a bit, maybe some more stuff coming for real soonish tho yeah?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

are you talking about azd or the previews posted?

would be very surprised if these previews were actress, there's very little dank magic in them. sounds like mainstream EDM.

lol yeah obviously it's not him.

44 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

are you talking about azd or the previews posted?

would be very surprised if these previews were actress, there's very little dank magic in them. sounds like mainstream EDM.

The previews

AZD is actually my fav actress album

• 3 months later...

Dancing in the Smoke is such a cool fuckin track. All those lasers and shit, with just the right amount of nice crunchy distortion on the samples. And the background drone instantly reminds me of ganons castle music (from oot) if anyone knows what I mean there.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just discovered the shitposting on the first page by 'ol Doc. C- work.

However this album is amazing. FANTASYNTH is one of the more creative rhythmic tracks I've ever heard (it's not hard to mix as a dj even though only 1 component is stable).