IGNORED

GAS - Narkopop

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out on the 21st of April, aka my birfday! 

Haha, mine too, actually.

Nice i told my girl this would make a great birthday pressie :-)

Such a subtle hint :). But the release date couldn't be more perfect, so...

Out on the 21st of April, aka my birfday! 

Haha, mine too, actually.

Nice i told my girl this would make a great birthday pressie :-)

Such a subtle hint :). But the release date couldn't be more perfect, so...

My birthday too! Pre-ordered on behalf of my kids - still have to buy my own pressies! Watmm birthday / Gas listening party!

Oh i deffo preordered. Can anyone translate that german interview? i'm interested in his reasons for returning to this project after a hiatus that would make BoC blush....

a hiatus that would make BoC blush....

I'm actually curious how they boys manage to survive financially from these gaps - The other folks on the WARP roster presumably make cash from touring and/or the extensive back catalogue but BoC ?...

a hiatus that would make BoC blush....

I'm actually curious how they boys manage to survive financially from these gaps - The other folks on the WARP roster presumably make cash from touring and/or the extensive back catalogue but BoC ?...

I think they said they have day jobs at a university or something like that. I dunno ask Twoism, those nerds might know.

Aha you're right -

Taken from - http://bocpages.org/wiki/Two_Aesthetes_of_Electronic_Music

Do you live in the country?

"Yes, we've not been there long. We set up our studio in the Pentland Hills. Now we can start to live for our music, instead of being distracted by having to do other jobs, as before."

What sort of jobs?

" Nothing to be ashamed off. Working in universities, for example, but we prefer not to talk about it."

Though according to the source that was back in '98 so dunno if that's still the case

I have my doubts that BoC can still just live of their music, they have to have day jobs. Or then they live a self-sustaining lifesyle and can cover any expenses with the royalties from their records. 

Oh i deffo preordered. Can anyone translate that german interview? i'm interested in his reasons for returning to this project after a hiatus that would make BoC blush....

GAS represses continue to sell well through years, much hype surround it (Nah und Fern, Box). He's a techno businessman, a builder of the Kompakt techno-pop empire, exceptional marketer.

(yeah, i'm a hater, he was real good in 90s, then he focused on strategies of selling techno, now he's an oldman posing as this bright artist on the basis of old achievements and mediocre return)

GAS represses continue to sell well through years, much hype surround it (Nah und Fern, Box). He's a techno businessman, a builder of the Kompakt techno-pop empire, exceptional marketer.

(yeah, i'm a hater, he was real good in 90s, then he focused on strategies of selling techno, now he's an oldman posing as this bright artist on the basis of old achievements and mediocre return)

I can't wait to drown in those sweet textures of mediocrity.

Guest transmisiones ferox

not sure about the cover... but from the samples, i would buy it in a heartbeat, something fresh and exciting for my ears

Archived