IGNORED

Drexciya - Grava 4 (2xLP Reissue)

Rubin Farr

Guest bitroast

loooooove this album tbh. track 2 sinks into my head very easily from time to time and when i remember what song it is i'm singing in my head it's like 8^) oooooo yeah. 

• 1 year later...
Guest Agent1394

Hmm... this is like my least favorite Drexciya but I don't have any on vinyl yet. 

My mate keeps banging on to me about Drexciya and how i should listen to it and on paper it makes sense from some of my tastes. i have a few of their releases but not really jumping out at me.  what would you say is their best stuff for me to check out?

Cheers

Shifted Phases is awesome. Transllusion too (the first one). Honestly their releases as Drexciya are probably the ones I listen to the least. Not that they aren't great, just that the refractions and distortions of their sound explored through the aliases are what I find really compelling and satisfying to get into.

Harnessed the Storm is great.

The Quest was my go-to until I finally listened to the Journey of the Deep-Sea Dweller comp on Spotify. First 2 volumes of that are excellent; many of the same tracks as Quest but higher-fidelity and better sound/versions/performances.

Lab Rat XL is also top notch.

Journey of the Deep-Sea Dweller is obviously good cos the digital remastering is all very well done and it's a great digital collection of the old tracks.. but it's arguably too much head banger electro bangers compiled together to be easily listened to imo lol 

Listening to Drexciya always gets me pumped to go make some weirdo rhythms with monosynths. They are the kings of that.

Also James Stinson was a long-haul trucker and I think that shows in his music - I find that it's some of the best for highway driving. It rolls on forever.

Archived