IGNORED

Lada Laika thread

Lada Laika

I'm loving the melody on this! It seems random but consistently dark. I think that it might be a little to muddy in the middle, but that could also be the result of the $20 headphones that I'm listening on. I dig all the instrumentation and the varied sections. I like how "un-looped" it feels. Good stuff yet again!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

transsister v2:

i dig the pad sound and melody, very bittersweet. i think some of the retrigs are a bit OTT as others have said, but only a little.

burulyn:

again i like the melody and pads, though mix wise i'd put the pads up just a touch and the melody lower.

same again with the retrigs, they demand a lot of attention, especially the kick being retriggered so quickly and often. i prefer the drums in the later section where they feel a little more fine tuned.

• 1 month later...

God, it's been a fucking crazy month. This past week I started finally getting around to mixing a pile of tracks I've been sitting on for a while. Hoping to compile a bit of a release by the end of summer. 

This one is a little outside my wheelhouse, but it was fun to make. More on the way~

https://soundcloud.com/ladalaika/garish-acid

Melodies and bassline in particular are good, but the whole thing is a little loose for my taste. I think it could use work but that bassline is nice and complete feeling to me. Keep it up, hope you can get to your goal for a summer release of stuff :)

I really like the 1st half but unfortunately it seems to get a bit lost for me after that? The melody, bass and counterpoint are all nicely done (although I'd use a bit more reverb but that's down to taste). Track develops nicely but then I'm not sure where it goes, not that it's bad but it lost direction maybe? 

Guest Chesney

Really wicked squidge going on in these. Be cool to hear them a bit louder I take it this has got nothing on he master?

Really wicked squidge going on in these. Be cool to hear them a bit louder I take it this has got nothing on he master?

Thanks for listening! Yeah I can totally see wanting the squidges louder. Haven't started the master yet, lol. 

Guest Chesney

Nah, squidges are good, mix is good, I mean the whole thing louder. I had to turn up quite a bit to have a good listen.

Nah, squidges are good, mix is good, I mean the whole thing louder. I had to turn up quite a bit to have a good listen.

Oh yeah once the rest of the tracks are mixed I'm going to master them all in the same session to bring em up. I'm currently rocking 6-8dB of headroom on these to leave room for compression on the masters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's purty pretty man. I think the main synth could maybe be dirtied up a bit, but I like that kinda shit. Love the bells and such.

thank you! It does sound a little too clean doesn't it? I like grittiness too

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Real nice first track, very u-ziq or saw1 with some TRDJA/HAB glitch, slightly Last Step vibes too. Love the smooth mastering tone, the melodies are pretty and delay echo is always welcome in my house, really lovely Analord bridge chords and melody!

Real nice first track, very u-ziq or saw1 with some TRDJA/HAB glitch, slightly Last Step vibes too. Love the smooth mastering tone, the melodies are pretty and delay echo is always welcome in my house, really lovely Analord bridge chords and melody!

Archived