IGNORED

Anthing

anthing

• 1 month later...

I like the tempo and the overall vibe on This Time. The glitchiness that comes in saved what were about to become redundant drums. Lovely low-key track that introduces little surprises throughout. Good shtuff

Latest flow.. some kinda downtempo'ish..

nice! i definitely get in the zone once the beat starts. very atmospheric with a good choice of instruments, they fit very well together. :) 

the drums are definitely the prominent part of this song, up until the 2nd minute. i like the overall progression, i'm just not sure about the melodic part. i like the little mallet delays around 4:23 / 4:44. as auditor said, it's a chill song with nice details spread around.

probably my least favourite of the three, the melody gets a little too repetitive for my taste, but i still enjoy how you built the atmosphere around it.

nice job overall :) 

Really digging the first 2! The third just seems so different in tone and style from the others

Would love to hear an EP/album made up of tracks similar to the first 2, nice downtempo and chill out, the perfect background music (i dont mean that in a bad way!) lots of room to allow for the listener to ponder about things and life itself... :cisfor:

One small thing tho, in 'This Time' some of the glitches felt a little short lived and could be extended by 1 or 2 extra 'glitch rolls' - if you understand what I mean? Felt like some cut off a little early - but they add such a lovely quality and contrast the relaxing vibes of the other instruments

Really digging the first 2! The third just seems so different in tone and style from the others

Would love to hear an EP/album made up of tracks similar to the first 2, nice downtempo and chill out, the perfect background music (i dont mean that in a bad way!) lots of room to allow for the listener to ponder about things and life itself... :cisfor:

One small thing tho, in 'This Time' some of the glitches felt a little short lived and could be extended by 1 or 2 extra 'glitch rolls' - if you understand what I mean? Felt like some cut off a little early - but they add such a lovely quality and contrast the relaxing vibes of the other instruments

Thanks guys for the kind words.

These days it seems that I've been slowing it down a bit and could think some kinda EP with these downtempo'ish tracks.

You could check this playlist: (click the link below)

As for 'This Time' glitches, I've been using this experimental fx cutter for awhile and it actually doesn't allow too much tweaks for the parameters. And since this comment I had to do some googling and found some nice plugins to play with (yeah I'm getting old and maybe a bit lazy to search some new stuff).

For some reason this reminded me of Radiohead's "There There". I think it might be the deep synth?

Anyway, I think you can easily make this tune way more interesting by automating the synths a bit. Even the slightest variation in sound will make the listener  more intrigued in what's going on because as soon as you notice a pattern you'll start getting tired of listening to it. That's why Rhythm & Sound is able to keep you listening because things change ever so slightly.

So if you simply were to fool around with filter, introduce some reverb, delay or something you'll automatically keep your listener interested in what's going on.

I think you're on to something with "Some Kind of Hidden Terror" because it's both varied, you introduce new elements at a fairly nice pace, and it just sounds better :)

Keep it up! :)

For some reason this reminded me of Radiohead's "There There". I think it might be the deep synth?

Anyway, I think you can easily make this tune way more interesting by automating the synths a bit. Even the slightest variation in sound will make the listener  more intrigued in what's going on because as soon as you notice a pattern you'll start getting tired of listening to it. That's why Rhythm & Sound is able to keep you listening because things change ever so slightly.

So if you simply were to fool around with filter, introduce some reverb, delay or something you'll automatically keep your listener interested in what's going on.

I think you're on to something with "Some Kind of Hidden Terror" because it's both varied, you introduce new elements at a fairly nice pace, and it just sounds better :)

Keep it up! :)

Thanks.

It's kinda up to the mood I'm in (using more or less time for doing something). For 'This Time' didn't do much automating and it's a bit hasty made anyways but it has got some nice elements. With 'Some Kinda Hidden Terror' been testing some new stuff again and it usually brings some results. But theres always possibility to go back and tweak..

• 2 weeks later...

Head Full is brilliant. Gorgeous texture and melodies. Glitched drums fit perfectly. Perhaps my fav of yours. Bravo!

Thanks! Yeah it kinda got some rolling going on :)

• 3 weeks later...

Dunno how many have heard this one but anyways. this is some kinda megamix about my remixes of user18081971 tracks that I've come up so far. Well few remixes/covers are missing here since they are not fitting to this bunch.. 

(Slothscrape is a bit more extended mix compared to the one that you can find there too)

I like the tempo and the overall vibe on This Time. The glitchiness that comes in saved what were about to become redundant drums. Lovely low-key track that introduces little surprises throughout. Good shtuff

Yeah, it's a relaxing, interesting track. I agree that the glitches are a nice touch. I also like the synth that comes in at 1:51.

Totally agree. The first 50 minutes of this this track reminds me a bit "Nude" by Radiohead.

About the synth that comes in at 1:51... The drums, bass, and effects are fairly melancholic and mellow. The synth on the other hand sounds a bit too happy and bit to played - as in it sounds like you played this on your midi keyboard. The rest of the track is super tight and the synth sounds like it could use some quantisation ;)

About the glitches... you should record all the glitches onto another track and then edit all the "bad" glitches out. Some of them sound a bit too generic and/or too random... almost like it's a plugin that does all the glitching. It sounds a lot like you've used Glitch plugin or something that sounds a lot like it on the Rippd track.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived