Sign in to follow this  
darreichungsform

How brilliant are Autechre?

11 hours ago, indulin said:

Autechre, never really got into their music. There are some really nice tracks for me, but out of the more accessible ones. It seems like a lot of artists are considered "brilliant" because they are making very complex/complicated music. But emotion is also important. Or a certain groove. A lot of Autechre stuff sounds to me like it would be a nice effect to implement it in a DJ Set and it is really impressive what they are creating sound-wise. But I prefer a certain kind of catchiness. Maybe that's why I like Aphex' stuff more. Does this make him more brilliant? Maybe. Maybe not. In the end all a matter of taste.

I think it's a strength of AE to make very complicated rhythms sound fluid and accessible. They mix in sounds at very different volumes and distances creating an abstract space with incredible depth. If you pay attention to just the foreground sounds AE is just pretty good electronic music but if those genius little details come to your attention whole universes emerge and collapse within seconds

For the 2 lumen you need both fully docked, head to toe. If you bite down hard and rub the levers you might get them up to 2.5. It's a sight to behold. I hear they made the astronauts cry.

Try plugging them in yourself next time, it's more fun.

9 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Your taste is wrong 

the big lebowski opinion GIF

Elseq?  More like elsuck, amirite.

j/k they are my favourite electronic artist.  They definitely get the respect they deserve, but should be heard by a much wider audience.  I showed my friend who had no knowledge of Ae Gantz Graf the other day and his mind was blown.  Like he couldn't even believe humans made that.  It was definitely the right reaction.