IGNORED

Gorillaz - Demon Days (2xLP half-speed remastered red vinyl)

Rubin Farr

Guest bitroast

if the fucking gorillaz lp turned up I'd be less than amused.

lol i fucking hate everything about gorillaz. the fucking shit name, the fucking shit concept, the fucking shit music...everything.

fuck gorillaz fo' real.

get fucked

Gorillaz is a fantastic project

the S/T is a godly album and pretty much as good pop music will ever get

yeah i love the gorillaz concept.

make music that's as pop as possible and collaborate with a visual artist to make it as sellable and pop and cool and commercial as possible.

first album's still rad.

second and third not so much imo but whatever.

splatter green vinyl, record store day, exclusive vinyl !! 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up the reissue of the first album on double vinyl, still my favorite. IMO the purest form of the virtual band concept, before it became more of a collab-a-thon. But the Plastic Beach tour was the tits.

Guest bitroast

?????????? demon days is about 50x better than the first one as an album.

anyway gorillaz are like store-bought hummus to me.... w/e

ye this definitely seems to be general census so i'm not gonna argue it or anything but i dunno. i heard the first album when i was like 10 and it was the coolest thing ever so maybe that plays into it you know? it just has a cool VIBE that i can appreciate. 

plus there are bits in demon days where the songs just ditch flow in favour of 'moment's or something. i dunno, the production and flow of some of the tracks on demon days just flies straight over my head and does nothing for me sometimes. personal preferences !!

also, yeah. w/e. lol

gorillaz appeal to an awful crowd but the musicitself isn't even bad

i like gorillaz but this is easily my least favorite album (and of course probably the most popular to the masses)

The Streets reissues are going for as much €80 on Discogs.

1st Streets LP is legit good imo

I agree but that album for me sounds best on a burnt CD in a friends car while driving through downtown trying to find a free street parking spot before going to a gig. Vinyl reissue is needless for me.

gorillaz appeal to an awful crowd but the musicitself isn't even bad

i like gorillaz but this is easily my least favorite album (and of course probably the most popular to the masses)

The Streets reissues are going for as much €80 on Discogs.

1st Streets LP is legit good imo

I agree but that album for me sounds best on a burnt CD in a friends car while driving through downtown trying to find a free street parking spot before going to a gig. Vinyl reissue is needless for me.

lol mos def. Or going for a walk and a smoke in 2003 with one of these

31REXJ9GG9L.jpg

I've never liked, nor given Gorillaz a chance.

I also would like to reluctantly say (since I now see that this club is being shit on in this thread) that I have been a member of this club for over a year, so I will be receiving this reissue. VMP generally does good choices, but lately they have been dipping into the same indie-rock genre for a while. I guess this is their quota-filler for one electronic record a year. 

Gorillas - Humans

seriously though, modern vinyl culture sucks. this is one of my gfs favourite albums but she's never gonna have this repress (this being the first official repress since the album came out in 2005) cuz why would anyone wanna sign up for some weird subscription service. just let people buy records for goodness sake. this pressing is already up on discogs for $300+, like, cmon.

they've just reissued the S/T as well (standard pressing, no subscription bullshit) which i don't know about until today! saw it at a store and scooped that bad boy straight up

Archived