IGNORED

Vangelis - Blade Runner Original Soundtrack (RSD 2017 Picture Disc)

Rubin Farr

once you hear the true soundtrack to the movie ("29th anniversary edition" bootleg), you won't ever go back to the original one.

29th anniversary, or 25th anniversary one?

One I'm getting hold of at the mo is a 5 disc one, supposedly

The true version of Bladerunner OST is the 6 CD bootleg Esper Edition. It includes every single piece of music in the film with very good sound quality indeed. I've had it for a number of years, it's incredible.

The true version of Bladerunner OST is the 6 CD bootleg Esper Edition. It includes every single piece of music in the film with very good sound quality indeed. I've had it for a number of years, it's incredible.

So where is this 6 cd version? I can only find the 5 disc one

It was updated in 2007 as a 5 CD-DA + 1 DVD-ROM edition.

Mostly, it appears on the Internet as a four-disc edition of very good quality FLAC files that contain all the Vangelis stuff, as well as all the incidental music by other artists - which is extensive.

The set I have runs for 3hours and 27 minutes.

It was updated in 2007 as a 5 CD-DA + 1 DVD-ROM edition.

Mostly, it appears on the Internet as a four-disc edition of very good quality FLAC files that contain all the Vangelis stuff, as well as all the incidental music by other artists - which is extensive.

The set I have runs for 3hours and 27 minutes.

Thanks for the clarification! Seems like I've gotten the right one, just minus the DVD

this is the one i have (.wav files included) and imo it's the best release so far. translucent red, remastered , 180g virgin vinyl, gatefold, limited-numbered, bla, bla...

https://www.discogs.com/Vangelis-Blade-Runner/release/4369372

Yah I have that one and also the original 1994 CD version.

Guest bitroast

obviously people buy the official soundtrack as a means to buy the curated album / remastered album in physical format. 

why shell out coin for the bootleg ?

For such an iconic soundtrack, one of the best in cinematic history (IMO) this score has had a very convoluted, mismanaged release.

The first time anything from Bladerunner became available was on the 'Themes' compilation from 1989. I bought that the day it came out and it was a very big seller back in the day mostly because it marked the first official release of any of the Bladerunner score.

Then there was 1994 album which was just a 'Bladerunner Greatest Hits' package, nothing more.

After that, there was the 3 disc score in 2007 which was a more comprehensive package but many tracks were edited and so forth.

It's kind of sad that even now, the bootleg is the only way to go if you want it all. And the sound quality is excellent - clearly a labour of love for the team that created it.

AFAIK, The "29th anniversary" has somehow surpassed the Esper or the EMS recombination in audio quality and content. There was an update to it (2nd edition) about two years ago.

Oh and yeah nobody buys CD anymore of bootlegs, just download them on soulseek or ffshrine (for soundtracks).

Thanks guise for the top tips here (100% serious)

Blade Runner soundtracks are a fucking minefield, and I think you've helped whittle it down to the essential releases.

Guest bitroast

do the 4, 5xCD albums flow well is my main question. can you put it on and enjoy it as an album ?

i downloaded a set a while back and still heave zero recollection of any of the tracks ...

Archived