IGNORED

What if I told You

diatoms

There's the monocle I remember:)

post-17854-0-58352600-1544552350.jpg

monopoly remembers the monocle for one day only

https://www.facebook.com/monopoly/photos/a.63345516516/10153545232881517/?type=3&theater

I read Ventura Ave is now Ventnor Ave

I've never heard of Ventnor Ave

always Ventura Ave

before I sneak around the cop and Pass GO, Collect $200

did ol pennybags switch to contacts?

Be the Light that radiates unconditional Love and have Fun:)

Most of the people on that facebook thread are flat earthers, believe the rothschild people are lizard people, etc.

IE should not be allowed to "pass go", "collect $200", or procreate because they're obviously intelligently challenged.

Bulk, Do you remember the monocle and Ventura Ave?

'Chaos and the chocolate factory as leak smothers German street'

'Tonne of chocolate flows out of factory in Westönnen, coating the pavement'

3281.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma
4320.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

"A street in a western German town got a repaving worthy of Willy Wonka when a tonne of chocolate flowed out of a factory and solidified on the pavement.

The German newspaper Soester Anzeiger reported that a “small technical defect” involving a storage tank caused the chocolate to spill out from the DreiMeister chocolate factory in Westönnen.

After hitting the chilly pavement, the milk chocolate quickly hardened.

About 25 firefighters worked to pry the chocolate off with shovels. They also used hot water and torches to remove remaining bits from cracks and holes.

Company boss Markus Luckey told the Anzeiger the factory would be back in action on Wednesday. Luckey said if the spill had happened closer to Christmas, “that would have been a catastrophe”."

Firefighters needed to clean it up?

how about letting the neighborhood have at it:)

would've been lots o happy people!

Yes, I always thought it was Ventura ave. But I'd chalk that up to mis-reading it since I was a child when I played monopoly. 

Trust your memories:)

Do you remember the monocle?

Always Trust your Memories spi and span:)

Can you find more residue of the old Mona in this painting?

Look and you'll see

43127996_1963526203713494_36684385379690

It has been Ventnor Ave forever and ever and ever and ever.

chenGOD, Do you remember the monocle?

post-17854-0-58352600-1544552350.jpg

This is one of the biggest changes in my reality

Mona Lisa's eyes

Probably the most Famous pair of eyes that most people have seen

they follow you around the room

But I'm distracted nowadays

A

small

fleshy

bump

has

magically

appeared

between

the

bridge

of

her

nose

and

her

left

Eye!!!

post-17854-0-23728000-1537210817.jpg

This is HUGE!!!

Anyone who knows the Mona Lisa

Knows for a Fact that Fleshly bump was not there

You now look at the bump and not her eyes

I know all of you reading this

Do Not Remember a fleshy bump by Mona Lisa's eyes

Time to Wake Up to this Fluid Reality:)

Create and have Fun:)

But wait,

there's more changes

to the Mona Lisa

Hypothyroidism with swollen neck

puffy face

thinning hair

lump on her right hand

yellow skin

more yellow than her skin are the whites of her eyes now

Reddish hair!?!

I Do Not Recognize the Most Famous Portrait in the World

Do You Remember?

from https://www.inverse.com/article/48736-mona-lisa-smile-due-to-hypothyroidism?&refresh=4

'Physician Solves Mystery of Mona Lisa's Smile While Waiting in Louvre Line'

"I don’t know how to appreciate art. But I sure do know how to make a clinical diagnosis."

cf52c56d663d.jpeg?rect=0%2C0%2C3264%2C24

The “Mona Lisa” has her own room in the Louvre, where she attracts six million visitors each year. Her room is frequently crowded with frenzied guests attempting to catch a glimpse of her enigmatic smile. Over a year ago, Boston physician Dr. Mandeep R. Mehra was in that endless line, hoping to do the same. During the long wait, he pondered the details of La Giaconda’s strange looks — her yellowing skin, her thinning hair, and of course, her lopsided smile.

In that time, he came to a realization: This woman is ill.

“I had the chance to just stand there for an hour and a half staring at nothing but this painting,” Mehra, medical director of the Heart & Vascular Center at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, tells Inverse. “I’m not an artist. I don’t know how to appreciate art. But I do sure know how to make a clinical diagnosis.”

Over the next year, Mehra dug into the history of Lisa Gherardini, the woman in the legendary portrait, as well as the public health records of historical and modern-day Florence, where the painting was created. As he outlines in a new paper in the Mayo Clinic Proceedings journal, Gherardini suffered from an ailment that is still common — and quite treatable — today.

“I don’t know how to appreciate art. But I do sure know how to make a clinical diagnosis.”
smile-captured-by-smartphones---this-is-

When you are stuck in a small room at the Louvre, looking very closely at the “Mona Lisa,” says Mehra, you start to notice a lot of strange details.

Take, for example, the inner corner of her left eye: There’s a small, fleshy bump there, just between her tear duct and the bridge of her nose. Her hair is oddly thin and lank, and her hairline is receding behind her veil. She has no eyebrows whatsoever.

screen-shot-2018-09-06-at-120728-pmpng.p

If you look closely at the whites of her eyes, you’ll notice they are abnormally yellow — far more so than her skin.

screen-shot-2018-09-06-at-120601-pmpng.p

The right side of her neck has a faint but visible bulge, and her face is slightly puffy.

screen-shot-2018-09-06-at-120935-pmpng.p

The right side of her neck has a faint but visible bulge, and her face is slightly puffy.

screen-shot-2018-09-06-at-120935-pmpng.p

And on her right hand, folded delicately over her left, there’s a noticeable lump between her index and forefinger.

screen-shot-2018-09-06-at-120635-pmpng.p

“It became clear to me that there was something wrong with her,” says Mehra.

There have been countless theories explaining why the “Mona Lisa” looks the way she does. Most historians agree that she is Lisa Gherardini, a woman in her late twenties and wife of Francesco del Giocondo, a wealthy Florentine silk merchant. But beyond that, not much else is known for sure.

“People have proposed many theories,” says Mehra. “He was Leonardo Da Vinci himself in feminine form. Or his rendition of what an ideal form of a woman should look like.”

But after spending some time with the “Mona Lisa,” he was not convinced.

“As I began to look at this painting with some great depth, it became clear that neither of those two theories could be supported because he would never have allowed those imperfections and the accuracies of the imperfections to emerge if that was the case,” he continues.

Da Vinci, after all, was not only one of the most celebrated painters of his time but also an exceptional anatomist. When it came to capturing small details, he did not mess around. And so the bulges on the eye and neck, the lank hair, the yellowing sclera could not have been accidental.

“I knew I was looking at a masterpiece by an extraordinary artist who would have captured every small embellishment in an incredible way,” says Mehra.

da-vinci-was-an-astute-anatomist-as-illuDa Vinci was an astute anatomist, as illustrated by his famous 'Vitruvian Man.'
leonardo-da-vinci-1125056960720jpg.jpeg?

As Mehra outlines in his paper, each of the physical abnormalities he spotted on the “Mona Lisa” has a known medical correlate.

The bump next to her eye, for example, is likely a xanthalesma, a yellowish cholesterol deposit under the skin, usually near the eye. Similarly, the bulge on her hand is probably a type of fatty benign tumor known as a lipoma or a xanthoma, if it’s rich in cholesterol.

The bulge on her neck, meanwhile, could be the beginnings of a goiter, an abnormal enlargement of the thyroid gland. “It’s not an aquiline neck,” says Mehra. “You don’t actually see the trachea.”

“So, I’m basically looking at a receding hairline, loss of eyebrows, a swelling in the neck, coarse, thin hair,” he says. Then there’s the xanthalesma and the lipoma or xanthoma. “And I’m looking at a slightly edematous, swollen woman with no hair throughout. That, to me is a classic picture of clinical hypothyroidism, or an underactive thyroid gland.”

Put that way, it looks plain as day. Poor Lisa.

mona-lisa-74050960720jpg.jpeg?rect=0%2C4
clinical-hypothyroidism-plain-and-simpleClinical hypothyroidism. Plain and simple.
mona-lisa-690203960720jpg.jpeg?rect=54%2

This diagnosis — common in women who had just had a baby, like Ghirardelli — even explains the perplexing smile of the “Mona Lisa.” While previous historians had tried to chalk it up to Bell’s Palsy, a form of temporary facial paralysis that weakens the muscles in one of half of the face, Mehra says this explanation doesn’t hold because there’s no unevenness in the rest of her face.

His hypothyroidism diagnosis, however, accounts for her inscrutable expression, and casts a certain sadness over the portrait.

“The more characteristic reason for why that smile is not a full-blown smile or is partially asymmetric is probably hypothyroidism,” he says, “because when you have hypothyroidism you’re a little depressed, and your facial muscles are puffy and weak. You can’t even bring yourself to a full smile.”

safely-behind-a-plate-of-glass-at-the-lo

To back up his diagnosis, Mehra examined life in 16th-century Florence, looking for evidence that hypothyroidism might have been a common ailment.

Sure enough, he found that the food being eaten at the time — largely vegetables — was heavily deficient in iodine, which is necessary for maintaining thyroid health. Furthermore, many of the vegetables Renaissance Florentines ate, like cauliflower, cabbage, and kale, were goitrogens, or “goiter-promoting foods,” he says.

Other studies on paintings by Renaissance masters back up his theory: About one-third of the paintings by Da Vinci’s contemporaries, like Caravaggio or Raphael, depict people with thyroid problems, says Mehra.

The problem Lisa Ghirardelli faced was not, it seems, isolated to the era in which she lived. Digging through public health records, Mehra discovered that thyroid deficiency remains an issue in some parts of modern Italy. “As recently as 1999 there are populations of people in iodine-deficient areas in Italy that had as much as 60 percent incidence of thyroid swelling,” he says.

thyroid-problems-persist-even-in-some-paThyroid problems persist, even in some parts of modern Italy.

The hypothyroidism diagnosis means that Ghirardelli’s life would have been uncomfortable, and increasingly so. “It’s slow. It happens over time,” says Mehra. People with hypothyroidism have trouble sleeping and difficulty regulating their body temperature; they become depressed and find it hard to think, and later become sedentary, and unable to exercise. It can be life threatening, but only in the very long term. Ghirardelli, for her part, is known to have lived to the ripe age of 63.

Da Vinci, a man of science, might have realized that his subject was ill, though it’s impossible to know. What is clear is that he deliberately depicted her with all her strange and compelling imperfections, which is perhaps the reason why the “Mona Lisa” has captivated onlookers for over five centuries.

“He was an incredibly accurate artist,” Mehra says. “I would call him a forensic artist. Almost a scientific artist. He didn’t just look at art and show what he thought would be eye-pleasing. He wanted to depict the form as it happens naturally, and that was his greatness.”

Create and have FUN:)

Exciting Times!!!

s'up diatoms. You ever see one of these Mandela effects and say to yourself 'nah, that one's always been like that for me'? Or have you passed through every possible alternate reality just long enough to notice how everything used to be, before ending up (permanently, presumably) in the one single version of reality where every Mandela effect has occurred but happens to be populated by a cross section of people, some of whom recognise some Mandela effects but not all, still more people who believe in no Mandela effects, and where none of the Mandela effects are completely proven and acknowledged by everyone? Soz if this already got answered upthread.

I'm curious as to whether there is a subgroup of Mandela effect peeps who have experienced all the changes? Like you guys are the Mandela gods who have not only passed thru all realities but who also recognise all the changes. But only after they've been pointed out to you by someone else.

Sorry everyone else for taking diatoms semi-seriously, calling him a type of god, and for using 'whom'.x

Isn't the mona lisa at the louvre a replica?

lol

That's the original Mona Lisa at the louvre

Jez and Bulk

Do you remember the fleshy bump by her eye?

s'up diatoms. You ever see one of these Mandela effects and say to yourself 'nah, that one's always been like that for me'? Or have you passed through every possible alternate reality just long enough to notice how everything used to be, before ending up (permanently, presumably) in the one single version of reality where every Mandela effect has occurred but happens to be populated by a cross section of people, some of whom recognise some Mandela effects but not all, still more people who believe in no Mandela effects, and where none of the Mandela effects are completely proven and acknowledged by everyone? Soz if this already got answered upthread.

I'm curious as to whether there is a subgroup of Mandela effect peeps who have experienced all the changes? Like you guys are the Mandela gods who have not only passed thru all realities but who also recognise all the changes. But only after they've been pointed out to you by someone else.

Sorry everyone else for taking diatoms semi-seriously, calling him a type of god, and for using 'whom'.x

Yes, there are many Matrix effects that don't affect me

The Biggest of All

I remember Mandela dying in 2013, not in prison during the 80's like most people do that are affected

That's why I never call it the mandela effect

As long as you're Happy with what you remember

What does it matter to anyone else?

Do you remember Mona's fleshy nose lump?

:)

I don't understand what is going on this thread lately :)

Godwin Austen

Do you remember

Mona's Fleshy Lump by her left eye?

Maybe you'll be the first to Trust your memories and answer the question:)

The Biggest of All

I remember Mandela dying in 2013, not in prison during the 80's like most people do that are affected

Reply in rhyming haiku stanzas with affection

x

Can't say I recall

One lump or no lump at all

Is such a thought fine?

A way to keep score

Is to count ones known before

You saw them online

Many effects served

But how many you observed

As the first in time?

Or could it just be

Mandela postings you see

Persuade, shape the mind?

Tell me how many

Effects if that is any

You arrived at blind?

Or are they just all

Like the brainwashing at school

Second-hand devine? 

"What am I? Am I the bulb that carries the light, or am I the light of which the bulb is a vehicle?" -Joseph Campbell

The Biggest of All

Reply in rhyming haiku stanzas with affection

x

Can't say I recall

One lump or no lump at all

Is such a thought fine?

A way to keep score

Is to count ones known before

You saw them online

Many effects served

But how many you observed

As the first in time?

Or could it just be

Mandela postings you see

Persuade, shape the mind?

Tell me how many

Effects if that is any

You arrived at blind?

Or are they just all

Like the brainwashing at school

Second-hand devine? 

"What am I? Am I the bulb that carries the light, or am I the light of which the bulb is a vehicle?" -Joseph Campbell

I don't remember Mona Lisa's Fleshy Nose Lump either:)

If I see things different from what I know to be my True Memory

usually found with the help of Everyone that's affected on https://old.reddit.com/r/Retconned/  recommended by chenGod, Thanks:)

It really throws me, flips my lid:)

I'm having Fun Remembering

I never thought anything like this would happen

These are my memories:)

Most people I talk to share these memories

Everyone should ask their Friends and Family

What they remember about the Mona Lisa

I'd imagine most would be a bit shocked at the changes if you showed them the portrait

Only you know what your True Memories are