IGNORED

What if I told You

diatoms

12 hours ago, BobDobalina said:

Gods work right there

Keep irradiating unconditional Miller Lite

MCP approves this quote and wishes you all a pleasant evening (except diatoms lol)

i member

i received a theatre and film degree from the university of kansas may 2003

i've studied william shakespeare's plays as part of my classes

and i remember his two plays

A Winter's Tale

A Comedy of Errors

In the centuries following its premiere, the play's title has entered the popular English lexicon as an idiom for "an event or series of events made ridiculous by the number of errors that were made throughout".  - wikipedia, The Comedy of Errors

716500608_AComedyofErrors.thumb.jpg.679022ceffd0c1fc52de371df4e24008.jpg748877284_AWintersTale-Shakespeare.thumb.jpg.f7ecb5e6cd2d3614562e1fd28d3b2db8.jpg283ed1dbc1e06ec5e35059759054cd74.jpg.5bbc688bf4049122b7a24a2cb302225d.jpg89bad0c6f179d6ba26ddf7ef5b900cee.jpg.6207c0b83a644d93efedaabb53d64f54.jpgmain.jpg.d5f1c590982f6a456d174978e9271a87.jpg51WHOnpqaWL._AC_.jpg.5cc3dcce27ec8a25b63650b537623ac6.jpgawinterstale1-213x300.jpg.cb2861ddb0c28b07d11c5dae79fee35e.jpg6940622afb8e0e7c8916200cc4baab6e.png.09b49f7d2cffe352ecd35af6a93ccf16.pngA-Comedy-Of-Errors-Shakespeare-Michael.jpg.d05e9ead5c4f5c216ac51175c14b01e9.jpgComedy-of-Errors-at-RI-flier-web-791x1024.thumb.jpg.8b37e7017f2bd389f817e69145932c48.jpg1536085859_snmfkFI7EXTMFsWxN4zqFeWwE4gRiAbYx-fGrKfz1nq6Df_wZZurxAS1rmEnrZ5VVgLzBO4SMC7s8lSwVA9vpPHhmYYw1200-h630-n-k-no-nu.jpg.dfd60d9caf69042285de8d3b9c08adcc.jpg258210921_51211EGUZFL._SY344_BO1204203200_.jpg.3d91aa5f7d196ce27b4307217c400b24.jpg

i've asked quite a few librarians and bookstore employees and they all remember the "A"

and they're confused, like i am as to how its always been

The Winter's Tale

The Comedy of Errors

A Comedy of Errors .pdf

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 2:36 PM, thefxbip said:

''life in plastic, its fantastic''

Aqua - Barbie Girl

"I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world"

here's aqua setting the record straight on this matrix effect

"Here is the right answer for what we say in Barbie Girl"

written text on screen "Its A Barbie World*"

that's what I Remember as well

except the official lyrics and video now have

her signing

"I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world"

must feel bizzare hearing yourself sing "the"

seeing official lyrics with "the"

when you absolutely know its "a"

• Burger 1

10 hours ago, diatoms said:

Aqua - Barbie Girl

here's aqua setting the record straight on this matrix effect

"Here is the right answer for what we say in Barbie Girl"

written text on screen "Its A Barbie World*"

that's what I Remember as well

except the official lyrics and video now have

her signing

"I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world"

must feel bizzare hearing yourself sing "the"

seeing official lyrics with "the"

when you absolutely know its "a"

At least we still have this amazing cover version.

9 hours ago, user said:

At least we still have this amazing cover version.

haha, forgot to look for barbie girl covers

here they all sing

"In A Barbie World"

even performed live by Aqua

here's some instrumental covers

just cause:)

hey @user could you see(hear) if they sing "In A Barbie World"

in this Dutch cover (it says its in German but no)

To celebrate a quarter century of “Barbie Girl,” we spoke with Aqua members René Dif, Lene Nystrøm, and Søren Rasted about the formation of the group, the creation of “Barbie Girl,” the iconic music video, the song’s global explosion, the lawsuit from Mattel that followed, and their life in the aftermath. We also interviewed “Barbie Girl” video director Peder Pedersen; actor Mads Tagel, who played Ken in the video; and attorney Russell J. Frackman, who represented their label in the lawsuit. (Former Aqua member Claus Norreen didn’t respond to our request for an interview.)

Along the way, we listened to “Barbie Girl” more times than we can count. And we must say that our 2011 readers were incorrect. The song is a pop masterpiece and we hope people are still celebrating it when its 100th anniversary comes around in 2097.

'People Probably Want to Kill Us': The Oral History of Aqua's 'Barbie Girl' (Rolling Stone)

25 minutes ago, dcom said:

nice one @dcom!

i found the director's storyboard for the video in that article

aqua barbie girl storyboard

AQUA 5.2 Storyboard by Peder Pedersen, director of Barbie Girl music video

"I'M A BARBIE GIRL - IN A BARBIE WORLD..."

in the article i also found a James Corden video also singing the lyrics

Nystrøm: "I can totally understand people getting pissed at it. It can be super annoying. It sticks like glue."

just in case rolling stone takes down the article/pics or behind paywall

aqua-barbie-girl-25-oral-history-story-board.thumb.jpg.831ff5e790fbb22cd965a42875e716c8.jpg

AQUA 5.2 Storyboard by Peder Pedersen, director of Barbie Girl music video

"I'M A BARBIE GIRL - IN A BARBIE WORLD..."

Robot Chicken - The Nelson Mandela Effect

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2020 at 11:25 PM, diatoms said:

Remember you can fool everyone in the world about what your true memories are

But you can't fool yourself:)

even when its spelled out for ya

right in front of your face

On 3/23/2017 at 4:27 AM, diatoms said:

My memories:

The Eurythmics sing “Sweet Dreams are made of These”

WHEEL of FORTUNE

Season 39  Episode 132

March 2022

S _ E E T   _ R E A _ S

A R E   _ A _ E   O _

T H I S

The Eurythmics

THE has left

Eurythmics

FPqsgg0WYAE7iPw.thumb.jpg.9bcbf5fd57391c2c6f90482a4c5f481a.jpg

1293056891_Screenshot2022-04-25at09_58_22.thumb.png.594e6513e126fd74a354ed43a049eaaa.png

On 4/5/2022 at 10:11 AM, prdctvsm said:

FPqsgg0WYAE7iPw.thumb.jpg.9bcbf5fd57391c2c6f90482a4c5f481a.jpg

1 hour ago, prdctvsm said:

what-if-i-told-u-its-only-entertainment.jpg.fa9679c93f7e5925b00d3da847adcd0e.jpg

morpheus with some food blue/red pills for thought

On 4/5/2022 at 10:11 AM, prdctvsm said:

d3150da19bfa5470978e23291d72466c976ec82f.thumb.jpg.c9b7e091403b833b7fc1f8386e2cc5c8.jpg

might be right on target_300x300.gif.pagespeed_ce.OGbOojUgR5.gif.757db37a3d1d12d98f15c91055adde86.gif

• Like 2

10 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

280545155_hundredneobill.jpg.fbb7bb65de5f1ce33c8a2b7861e308ee.jpg

Haha, Thanks prdctvsm:)

i went to find the hundred dollar post

and realized that it was a new pic of the bill

went to find one printed in 2001

and it shows the front of independence hall

with upside down IV, V, VI, VII VIII

1624400404_IndependenceHall24100Bill-Clock2-22.jpg.f310d7de0be81348c0ed709416b31f00.jpg

current 100 bill now shows the back of independence hall

with some prints showing IV, V, VI, VII VIII upright & some upside down

take a look

fascinating stuff

but in this reality independence hall always had IIII

with V, VI, VII VIII upside down on its clock face

never IV

On 9/13/2017 at 2:52 AM, diatoms said:

Independence Hall - Philadelphia

https://forum.watmm.com/uploads/monthly_09_2017/post-17854-0-34121200-1505266924.jpg

https://forum.watmm.com/uploads/monthly_09_2017/post-17854-0-31044300-1505267019.jpghttps://forum.watmm.com/uploads/monthly_09_2017/post-17854-0-24283900-1505266966.jpghttps://forum.watmm.com/uploads/monthly_09_2017/post-17854-0-96639400-1505267038.jpg

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/23/2017 at 4:27 AM, diatoms said:

Jiffy peanut butter

found on https://old.reddit.com/r/Retconned/

American Dad - Season 2, Episode 13

2pzo44z5w1d91.thumb.jpg.6089935b28640912fb32151782d4405a.jpg

• 1 month later...

found on: https://old.reddit.com/r/Retconned/comments/wzdbxs/barbie_girl_by_aqua_reference_everything/

Everything Everywhere All At Once: Deleted Scene “Alternate (Barbie Girl) Ending”

"I'm a Barbie Girl, in a Barbie World"

Do not go gentle into that good night

Dylan Thomas 1914-1953

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying light.

"Rage, rage against the dying light"

is what I remember

now it's

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

• Like 1

found on: https://old.reddit.com/r/Retconned/comments/x4f5ip/remember_spacetime_isnt_real/

Fascinating and mind blowing theories/mathematics presented by Donald Hoffman to help figure out what reality truly is.

Donald Hoffman: Reality is an Illusion - How Evolution Hid the Truth | Lex Fridman Podcast #293

Truth vs Reality: How we evolved to survive, not to see what’s really there | Donald Hoffman

Entangling Conscious Agents, Donald Hoffman

Do we see reality as it is? | Donald Hoffman

Professor Donald Hoffman — The Case Against Reality | The Tim Ferriss Show

• Like 1

found: https://old.reddit.com/r/Retconned/comments/xadsyp/fruit_of_the_loom/

fn1u8v23jzm91.thumb.jpg.82768b7becb5ff225c3072ffe5dfc074.jpg

Ellis Chappell - FLUTE OF THE LOOM album cover illustrator

Do you know for certain that there was a cornucopia?  

“There had to be I would have no reason to paint the image that way if there had not been a cornucopia. The flute takes the place of the cornucopia but it would not make any sense at all if there had not been a cornucopia to begin with. It’s a take off of the label, so it has to resemble the label substantially, otherwise it would make no sense.”

Spoiler
Posted by 3 years ago

I tracked down the Flute of the Loom Illustrator and he is an ME believer! See what he had to say.

renderTimingPixel.png

Let me start this by saying I only first learned about the Mandela effect a few weeks ago. I have always been a skeptic at heart when it comes to conspiracies, but the Fruit of the Loom ME is one that really resonated with me based on my past experiences and the overwhelming amount of pop-culture and newspaper residue. Ever since I learned about ME's, it has somewhat consumed my life. In an effort to get more clarity on what's going on, I decided to do a little investigative work and contact the people behind the residue.

One piece of residue you may be aware of is the Flute of the Loom album by Frank Wess. I learned that the artist behind this album cover was a man named Ellis Chappel. He still has a studio website (http://chappellstudiosart.com/EllisCV.php) so I decided I would fill out his website form and see what he had to say.

Here is what I sent him:

Hi,

Are you the person who painted the album artwork for Flute of the Loom?

Would it be alright if we asked you a couple questions about your inspiration for the design?

Thank you,(name redacted)

I received a reply the next day from Reed Chappel (Ellis's son):

Hi (redacted) -

This is Reed, Ellis's son, responding for my dad here.  I remember the cornucopia specifically, as does my dad.  This is the second time we've been contacted about this album cover and Ellis (and I) are more than happy to answer any questions you have about it.  I was a little kid when Ellis painted the Flute of the Loom cover and I remember specifically this album being a reference to the cornucopia in Fruit of the Loom's original logo, which is where my dad says he specifically got the inspiration for the design (when I talked to him about it he said, "Why the hell else would I have used a cornucopia?").  The food coming out of the flute is soul food, actually, a ham hock, cabbage, black-eyed peas, etc.  I remember when (in my mind) Fruit of the Loom quit using a cornucopia in their logo and switched to just using fruit by itself.  It impressed me because I thought the logo looked better with a cornucopia in it.  In my memories this was roughly around 1978 when I was in second grade.  So, anyway, feel free to ask away.

Thanks a lot!

Reed and Ellis Chappell

It wasn't immediately clear to me from his response that he was aware of the Mandela Effect, so I sent him the following reply (although I realized after the fact that he was aware because he changed the subject line in the reply to me to read "Mandela Effect (response to inquiry)"

Hi Reed,

Thank you so much for sharing. I really appreciate it. 

In case you aren't aware, the reason people have reached out about this particular album cover is due to a phenomenon called the Mandela Effect.

A very large number of people remember the fruit of the loom logo with the cornucopia quite vividly. It sounds like you do too. But you may be surprised to learn that the Cornucopia has NEVER existed in the history of the company. If this is the first you have heard of this I'm sure you don't believe me, but I would encourage you to look online and review the logo history of the company. The only cornucopia you will find will be an artist rendition of what some of us remember. 

Would you mind if I share the email you sent me with some people online? I think others would be very interested in it. 

Thanks,

(redacted)

Unfortunately he has not replied, and I have grown impatient waiting for his permission to post this so I decided to post it anyways. Make of it what you want, but I found it fascinating to hear a first hand account from a residue creator. I also found it odd that Reed remembers the cornucopia going away in the 70's because I was born in 1991 and remember the cornucopia on my clothing.

Feel free to post questions you have for him and if he ever does reply I will send them his way. Maybe we can even get him on here for a Mandela Effect AMA. I may try to contact Ant Bully and Southpark next, but I think it will be harder to track someone down for those pieces of residue.

Edit: album cover for people not aware. https://i.imgur.com/7tHiuH9.jpg

Edit 2: This is the only thing I can think of that could serve as some sort of proof. It is our zoomed out email conversation with my information covered up. I started the conversation via the form on his website which you can see at the bottom of his first email. https://imgur.com/NEvSWdr

Edit3: He replied! He said he would be happy to answer any questions we have. I'll make a post later tonight where we can compile questions to ask him.

Edit 4: Submit your questions for Ellis here

Spoiler
Posted by 3 years ago

Fascinating full Interview with FOTL residue creator, Ellis & Reed Chappell

renderTimingPixel.png

Thank you to everyone who submitted questions for Ellis to answer! If you are unaware, this is an interview with the man who created the album artwork for the Flute of the Loom album by Frank Wess.

See this post for more information about tracking Ellis down and my initial conversations with him.

Ellis answered all of our questions and included several photos and personal details about past work as verification that he is indeed who he says he is. I'm assuming that should silence the skeptics.

Below is our entire conversation from the point where I sent him questions. Sorry in advance if the formatting is bad. Enjoy!

Hi Ellis and Reed,Thanks again for being so willing to answer the questions of the Reddit community. It is greatly appreciated. Here are the questions I have compiled. 

Did you draw/paint this album cover from memory or did you have a photo, print, or clothing item you used as a reference?

Does everyone seem to understand the artwork (meaning they are remembering the old Fruit of the Loom logo) or has anyone been confused about it and ever asked you why it was called Flute of the Loom with a cornucopia?

Did you contact Fruit of the Loom prior to coming up with the name and design? was there ever any copyright problems or permission needed?

Do you remember when you first noticed that the cornucopia had disappeared from the Fruit of the Loom logo? Did you just think the company had changed it, or did you realize something was going on?

When did you first learn about the Mandela Effect? When did you specifically learn about the Fruit of the Loom Mandela Effect?

Now that you have learned about the Mandela Effect, how does the Fruit of the Loom Mandela Effect make you feel?

How familiar are you with the Mandela Effect and are there any others you have noticed?

Do you know for certain that there was a cornucopia? 

Do you know for certain that this must be a Mandela Effect?

Who's idea was it to parody the logo? You or the client (Frank Wess)? What was the reasoning behind the parody?

What was the reference material you used to paint the album cover? 

What are you thoughts about current company history showing that Fruit of the Loom has never used a Cornucopia?

Are you familiar with other mainstream parodies of the Fruit of the Loom logo in The Ant Bully & South Park?

Was Frank Wess originally Frank Weiss to you?

Are there others in your family besides yourself and son that remember the Cornucopia?

Does Ellis have any memories of trying to recreate/convey the look of the Fruit of the Loom logo? For example, trying to get the color scheme to feel right, or trying to paint the texture in a way that resembles the Fruit of the Loom logo, or putting thought into getting the flute shape to mimic the cornucopia (maybe thinking about the direction the drawing of the flute would be turned, would it be turned to the right or to the left, etc)?

Do you have any theories as to why the cornucopia disappeared from the logo and what might be causing the Mandela Effect in general?

Where did you first hear the word cornucopia?

Lastly, there are a large amount of skeptics online who will not believe you are who you say you are. So if you are willing to provide some sort of proof or evidence to back this up that would really improve the credibility for others. Examples could include a photo of you two with the album cover, images of your other studio or artwork, draft-work or mock-ups from when you were creating the album cover, signs of business with record companies such as receipts, etc. I really look forward to hearing your responses to these questions. Please thank Ellis from all of us for his willingness to respond to our long list of inquiries!If you have any questions for me just let me know.Sincerely, (redacted)

His responses:

H(redacted) -

This is going to take a bit, but I will do my best to get all of these answered. As far as producing the original painting, I highly doubt we will be able to find it. My father worked as an illustrator for over 30 years and I haven't seen that painting since maybe the 80s, if I'm remembering correctly (my dad used to have an art studio set up in our attic on Carr Avenue). I can produce several other airbrushed illustrations he's done in his career. At the time he did the work for the Flute of the Loom album, he was doing many album covers for Stax Records in Memphis (where he and our family also lived) and I know of at least one album he still has the original art for - an album by the Dramatics, called "The Devil Is Dope" (I'll send you a photo separately). I'll be in touch again shortly.

Reed C.

Response 2

Hi (redacted) -

As promised, here are a couple photos of my dad, Ellis Chappell.  I talked to him just now and he said that the album by the Dramatics (which was the first album cover my dad ever painted for Stax Records) was originally called "The Devil Is Dope", but before it was released one of the higher ups thought that name was too controversial and they changed it to "A Dramatic Experience".  Anyway, here he is next to the original art for the cover and also a photo of him next to the cover and holding up the artwork that went on the back of the album.  I could produce the interior art for the album, but I feel I would be getting off track.

Ellis also was known for painting the original cover to the book "The Firm" by John Grisham, as well as the following three books in that series.  The original cover for The Firm was a painting of a man suspended by cables in front of a piece of green marble.  If you can find a copy of it with that original cover (hardback) it mentions Ellis's name as the cover artist on the inside flap.  I'm just giving you more material you could verify that only Ellis would know.

As far as the Flute of the Loom album cover, Ellis added that the art director for that job was a guy named David Hogan and he was contacted by Ron Gordon who worked for Stax Records (a couple more things you could verify with enough research, I would imagine).  David had an art studio in Memphis called "The Graphé" where my dad worked for about 10 years as an illustrator.

Stax Records in Memphis, who released the "Flute of the Loom" album, has retired from producing albums and is now the Stax Records Museum and Gift Shop.

Again, I highly doubt I will be able to find the original art for the Frank Weiss album.  My dad has quite a lot of stuff to go through, but about 8 months ago, I went through all of the original art Ellis still had from his illustration career (which we were able to find) for an interested buyer and don't remember seeing that piece specifically.

So, I'm including a few images.  The first is a photo of my dad and Gregory Peck standing in front of a portrait of Mr. Peck my dad painted which was commissioned by the Orpheum Theatre when Gregory Peck had a one-man show there in the mid to late 90s. The second is another illustration job (art for a billboard) which my dad did in airbrush when he was working at the Graphé art studio in the 70s (you can see this is a very similar style to the Flute of the Loom art).  The third image is a photo of Ellis, myself (when I was skinny and good looking), and the Neville Brothers holding the artwork for a painting we collaborated on of them for the Premiere Player Awards.  The fourth and fifth photos are photos I shot with my phone today of Ellis standing next to a few pieces of his art as described above.

I'm going to go through these questions with my dad and get you as many answers as I can and I will be in touch again soon.

Reed and Ellis

Response 3 (answering all questions)

Hi (redacted) -

Here are the responses to the questions you had, and I wanted to say we appreciate your interest, believers and skeptics alike. We are just as confused as you are.

All answers here in quotes are quotes Ellis said when I asked him. Anything not in quotes are things I, Reed Chappell, wrote in.

Did you draw/paint this album cover from memory or did you have a photo, print, or clothing item you used as a reference? “I think I had a t-shirt with a Fruit of the Loom label that I looked at for the reference. I used to have, in fact I still have a lot of them - file folders with images such as a folder for musical instrument or a folder for trucks or automobiles. But this piece was primarily made up from my imagination, other than looking at the Fruit of the Loom label.”

Does everyone seem to understand the artwork (meaning they are remembering the old Fruit of the Loom logo) or has anyone been confused about it and ever asked you why it was called Flute of the Loom with a cornucopia? “No.” (meaning No, no one we're aware of who’s seen it has ever been confused about it, prior to us being contacted in April.)

Did you contact Fruit of the Loom prior to coming up with the name and design? was there ever any copyright problems or permission needed? “No. When I did that back in the 70s, nobody even knew what copyright was. It was not as prevalent [a concern] as it is today.”

Do you remember when you first noticed that the cornucopia had disappeared from the Fruit of the Loom logo? Did you just think the company had changed it, or did you realize something was going on? “No. That was one job of more than dozens that we dealt with on a monthly basis. It came in and went out and was not thought of again.”Reed, here. I noticed the cornucopia being eliminated from the logo around 1978, which I go into more detail on in the last answer.

When did you first learn about the Mandela Effect? When did you specifically learn about the Fruit of the Loom Mandela Effect? “That would be you.” Ellis was talking to me. Someone named (redacted). contacted us through the Chappell Studios Art webpage and asked us if we were aware of the controversy around this album cover and Fruit of the Loom’s statement that no cornucopia ever existed. (redacted) called it a bizarre memory phenomena and this made me think of the X-Files episode where they mentioned the Mandela Effect (took me a minute to remember what they called it). I began looking on Google and found a reddit page where people were talking about my dad’s album cover which was exceptionally strange. Incidentally, I’m writing this for my dad, because I got the automated message from the website as well and if you waited for my dad to get around to answering these emails, you would never get a response.

Now that you have learned about the Mandela Effect, how does the Fruit of the Loom Mandela Effect make you feel? “Well, it’s nice to be remembered, I guess. When I did it I had no idea it would have that kind of I guess you could say shelf-life. That people would remember it for that long. Flattering I guess.” and also,”I guess the main thing it makes me believe is that people are watching too much television and should be reading more books.” This was a harder answer to get out of him. I think he’s not really sure what to think about it other than that he knows he shaped the flute on the album like a cornucopia because it was referencing the cornucopia in the Fruit of the Loom logo which he and many other people remember.

How familiar are you with the Mandela Effect and are there any others you have noticed? “Not very familiar.” I had to explain it to him after I’d found out about the “ME” claims.

Do you know for certain that there was a cornucopia?  “There had to be I would have no reason to paint the image that way if there had not been a cornucopia. The flute takes the place of the cornucopia but it would not make any sense at all if there had not been a cornucopia to begin with. It’s a take off of the label, so it has to resemble the label substantially, otherwise it would make no sense.”

Do you know for certain that this must be a Mandela Effect? “I don’t know. It could be an example of one. It has all the ear marks.”

Who's idea was it to parody the logo? You or the client (Frank Wess)? What was the reasoning behind the parody?“The client.” I further asked him about this and he said that having soul food (ham hock, cabbage, black eyed peas) come out of the flute instead of fruit was actually his idea.

What was the reference material you used to paint the album cover? This one was actually answered in the first question.

What are your thoughts about current company history showing that Fruit of the Loom has never used a Cornucopia? “I don’t believe that. I think whoever came up with that [answer] was someone who just recently got involved in doing graphics for the company.”

• Are you familiar with other mainstream parodies of the Fruit of the Loom logo in The Ant Bully & South Park? “I don’t know. I haven’t seen it [them], so I don’t know.”

• Was Frank Wess originally Frank Weiss to you? “I don’t know. I don’t remember that ever being talked about.”

Are there others in your family besides yourself and son that remember the Cornucopia? “No.” This is Reed, here, I mentioned all of this to my mom (she and Ellis are no longer married) and she didn’t remember the album cover and basically thought this was nonsense.

Does Ellis have any memories of trying to recreate/convey the look of the Fruit of the Loom logo? For example, trying to get the color scheme to feel right, or trying to paint the texture in a way that resembles the Fruit of the Loom logo, or putting thought into getting the flute shape to mimic the cornucopia (maybe thinking about the direction the drawing of the flute would be turned, would it be turned to the right or to the left, etc)? “I looked at the Fruit of the Loom label I had for reference and I based the shape of the horn [flute] on the label I had. It was probably a t-shirt or something I had in my vast wardrobe of t-shirts.”

Do you have any theories as to why the cornucopia disappeared from the logo and what might be causing the Mandela Effect in general? “They probably just wanted to simplify it, because the cornucopia just added a graphic element that wasn’t all that necessary.” As to the Mandela Effect, “No, I didn’t know there was such a thing. This is all news.”

This is Reed, here, again. I think society takes it for granted that the flow of time from event to event is always concrete and simple and that the past is something that happened which cannot change. Differing, shared timelines seem more plausible in the context of a multi-verse where multiple versions of each event are occurring, have occurred, and will occur all at once.

Frankly I’m confused by what’s going on with this album cover seeming to prove something which also seems to have been factually denied. I remember the Fruit of the Loom logo having a cornucopia, myself. I remember first hearing the word cornucopia in second grade. I remember this specifically because I was held back in kindergarten and then skipped first grade going directly into second. I had no problem making this transition other than there were a few vocabulary words I had never heard which the other students knew. One of these words was cannibal (I thought they were saying ‘cannon ball’ and was embarrassed when I was corrected). The other exotic word I remember learning in second grade was cornucopia. I remember thinking it was a complicated, strange word for just a horn with food in it. And I remember my point of reference for what a cornucopia was was the Fruit of the Loom logo, which they had just changed (taking out the horn). I was a little more familiar with the cornucopia because I had seen my dad’s original art which I knew at the time was a reference to the underwear/t-shirt company’s logo (the only other place I'd ever seen a cornucopia).

Where did you first hear the word cornucopia? See previous answer for Reed’s answer. Ellis: “I have no idea.”

Hope this has been helpful. I will certainly be following this. I can not see any way for all of the accounts of people who remember the original logo in conjunction with my dad's artwork all being a coincidence that could easily be explained.

Thanks,Reed Chappell and Ellis Chappell

My final response back

Hi Ellis and Reed,

Thank you so much for the thorough responses, personal details, and photos! I will post these to Reddit in the morning and I'm sure others will be just as fascinated as I am after reading both of your responses. In case you are curious, this link contains some other Fruit of the Loom "residue" that people have found. Your fathers album is the first one on the list. I have linked a few others below that are not included in that article.

Southpark: (this image is a little disgusting as it shows Cartman shitting himself. You were warned) If you look closely Cartmans underwear resembles the Fruit of the Loom logo and is named "Cornucopia Brand"

Newspaper clippings: I have attached a few example images.

Your theory as to what is happening is one of the better ones I've heard. It also explains why you remember the logo disappearing in the late 70's, yet I and many others born in the 90's still somehow remember growing up with the logo. If you ever want to discuss this or other ME's further you can always contact me or join the Reddit Mandela Effect community.

Thanks again for taking the time to humor us as we explore this bizarre phenomenon together! I'm sure I will be in touch in the future.

Sincerely,

(redacted)

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 12:29 AM, prdctvsm said:

what-is-the-mandela-effect-4589394_logo-

i read the article that this picture is associated with

which is bizzare because they don't mention anything in the article about people who remember attending a concert

but remember a different performer and special guest than what is now reality

i've never read about this type of memory and now think it might start to happen since it's out there, ha:)

the psychologist believes it's down to the fallibility of human memory

but also lists some interesting contradictions in the questions they ask of the reader

at least it's being discussed:)

here's some bits from the article

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-the-mandela-effect-4589394

By Arlin Cuncic

Origins of the Mandela Effect

The term "Mandela Effect" was first coined in 2009 by Fiona Broome when she created a website to detail her observance of the phenomenon. Broome was at a conference talking with other people about how she remembered the tragedy of former South African president Nelson Mandela's death in a South African prison in the 1980s.

However, Nelson Mandela did not die in the 1980s in a prison—he passed away in 2013. As Broome began to talk to other people about her memories, she learned that she was not alone. Others remembered seeing news coverage of his death as well as a speech by his widow.

Broome was shocked that such a large mass of people could remember the same identical event in such detail when it never happened. Encouraged by her book publisher, she began her website to discuss what she called the Mandela Effect and other incidents like it.

Notable Examples of the Mandela Effect

The story of Nelson Mandela is not the only example of this type of false group memory. As the concept of the Mandela Effect grew along with Broome's website, other group false memories began to emerge.

Henry VIII Eating a Turkey Leg

People had a memory of a painting of Henry VIII eating a turkey leg, though no such painting has ever existed. There have, however, been similar cartoons created.

Luke, I Am Your Father

If you saw Star Wars: Episode V—The Empire Strikes Back, you probably remember Darth Vader uttering the famous line, "Luke, I am your father."

You might be surprised to learn, then, that the line was actually, "No, I am your father." Most people have memories of the line being the former rather than the latter.

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

If you watched Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, you probably remember the line, "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?" You may be shocked to learn, then, that the line actually began with the phrase "Magic mirror on the wall" instead.

Oscar Meyer

There is some controversy over the spelling of the famous brand of hot dogs, Oscar Mayer weiners. Some people claim to remember the brand being spelled "Meyer" instead of "Mayer" (the correct spelling).

Location of New Zealand

Where is New Zealand in relation to Australia? If you look at a map, you will see that it is southeast of the country. However, there is a community of people who claim to remember New Zealand being northeast instead of southeast.

Berenstein Bears

The famous children's book series the "Berenstain Bears" is not immune to the Mandela effect. Many people report remembering the name being the Berenstein Bears (spelled with an "e" instead of an "a").

This is similar to the Oscar Mayer issue and hints at perhaps an underlying cognitive reason for the Mandela Effect instead of parallel realities, as some people believe.

Shazaam

One of the most well-known examples of the Mandela Effect is the collective memory of a movie called "Shazaam" that starred the actor/comedian Sinbad in the 1990s.

In fact, no such movie exists, although there was a children's movie called Kazaam and some other coincidences that could help to explain how this movie became created (or remembered) in many people's minds.

For example, Sinbad did star in other movies in the 1990s and appeared in a movie poster for the film "Houseguest" coming out of a mailbox (this looked similar to a genie, which could explain the association with the movie "Shazaam"). Sinbad also dressed up like a genie for an event that he hosted in the 1990s.

Pikachu

Many people report remembering Pikachu, a Pokémon character, as having a black-tipped tail. In reality, the character has always had a solid yellow tail.

Mickey Mouse

Mickey Mouse might be the most famous cartoon character in the world, but even Disney's famous mouse is often misremembered in the minds of fans. People often report the character wearing suspenders when he does not.

one of the last explanations they list for the effect

Alternate Realities

One theory for the basis for the Mandela effect originates from quantum physics and relates to the idea that rather than one timeline of events, alternate realities or universes may be taking place and mixing with our timeline.

In theory, this would result in groups of people having the same memories because the timeline has been altered as we shift between these different realities.

You aren't alone if you think this sounds unrealistic. Unfortunately, the idea of alternate realities is unfalsifiable, meaning there is no way to disprove that these other universes don’t exist truly.

This is why such a far-fetched theory continues to gain traction among the Mandela effect communities. You can't prove it's not real, so you can't discount the possibility of it. For many people, the excitement of a bit of mystery in everyday life also likely comes into play.

The Mandela effect continues to be hotly debated, despite reasonable evidence that it is more likely explained in terms of the fallibility of human memory than some form of parallel universes at work.

Of course, we don't know everything. As more incidents of the Mandela effect continue to occur, perhaps more research into the origins will shed light on the causes.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-the-mandela-effect-4589394

i agree with those last sentences:)

but they're expecting "more incidents of the Mandela effect to continue to occur" 

???

and they write in the article

"you probably remember Darth Vader uttering the famous line, "Luke, I am your father."

&

"you probably remember the line, "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"

ya, i probably remember:)

also "Oscar Meyer weiners" are now wieners

https://moviecrypt.com/1994/05/20/review-shazaam-no-not-captain-marvel/

Review: ‘Shazaam’ (no, not Captain Marvel)

Superficial on the surface, important life lessons linger within.

When Chuck (Austin O’Brien) and Nan (Mara Wilson) are left home alone by their absentee museum curator father (Danny Huston), a mysterious package is delivered containing an antique Middle Eastern oil lamp. Faster than you can sing “A Whole New World,” an ancient genie named Shazaam (Sinbad) is unleashed: an anachronistic wisecracker who becomes a surrogate parent. After the mandatory getting-everything-they-ever-wished-for montage, Chuck and Nan are whisked away on a journey of discovery into the past and future about their beautiful late mother (Amy Yasbeck), their hard-working father, and how they can make their own wishes come true with magic all of their own.

It took less than a year for 20th Century Fox to fast track a low-budget, live-action version of Disney’s smash hit animated film Aladdin but had to settle for comedian David Adkins — aka Sinbad — for a less-magical performance. In spite of the production values, Coneheads director Steve Barron manages to turn out a not-quite coming-of-age story for the latch-key, single-parent generation. Once you get past the over-thought trailer candy bits that Hollywood spoonfeeds us as “funny,” there’s some heart hidden in here thanks to some clever casting and solid chemistry. While adults will probably be rolling their eyes, they really aren’t the target audience.

Too bad they couldn’t have waited a few years and secured a better budget, because as far as children’s movies go, you could do worse. Sinbad might seem an off choice for a Baba Yaga babysitter, but who actually believed Robin Williams could go an entire G-rated cartoon without dropping an F-bomb? The kids are adorable and probably have long careers ahead of them, and this sort of thing seems a natural for Sinbad — he could probably stick to this genre for a while. Sadly, the movie also falls back on a classic trope: the undo button (mild spoiler to follow). When all is said and done, the final wish had to be that Shazaam never came into their lives, the package was never delivered, and indeed none of it ever happened — the kids retain their memories of something that technically never existed, of course… just like the audience. (wink-wink, nudge-nudge)

Shazaam will probably never be remembered as a great movie… or for that matter, really remembered at all. Still, for one tiny moment, a genie convinced a couple of kids that parents sometimes have to work hard but still love their children even when they can’t be there for them all the time, and that’s the kind of magic you shouldn’t need to rub a lamp for.

A 2 skull recommendation out of four.

FilmRating20

4 comments

1. I forgot all about this old review!

Someone has been posting fake posters and VHS tape covers of this lost urban legend, but we know they’re fake because Shazaam made everything disappear at the end of the movie.

shazaamsinbadposter
    shazaamsinbadmovie

Shazaam pretty much got buried before it got started going head-to-head with the Mel Gibson/ Jodie Foster/ James Garner flick Maverick that same weekend (as I recall). Remember when HBO played it non-stop for about a month? It almost became the new Beastmaster!

And now thanks to College Humor, we finally found some of the actual footage!

2 hours ago, diatoms said:

the kids retain their memories of something that technically never existed, of course… just like the audience. (wink-wink, nudge-nudge)

there's literally a 'wink wink nudge nudge' in here, on this 'review' that just happens to be the only one he's got listed from before 1998. 

i did see these some weeks back and saved them but forgot to post in here for you, you've probably already seen them tho?

IMG_5827.thumb.JPG.35f70c5420b1fc1912cbcee3dc480194.JPGIMG_5826.thumb.JPG.e90d59f7a5c25874c861e7f91db713c4.JPG

found on: https://old.reddit.com/r/Retconned/comments/te3754/the_bernsteinberenstein_bears_residue/?sort=old

Bjørnene Bernstein ll. 1979. VHS Big Box.

VCM

233,00 kr

•  

Beskrivelse

Bjørnene Bernstein ll. 1979. VHS Big Box.

https://eventyrhuset.no/products/bjornene-bernstein-ll-1979-vhs-big-box?_pos=2&_sid=d2c373c72&_ss=r

bjornene-bernstein-ll-1979-vhs-big-box_816_1024x1024.jpg?v=1571711712bjornene-bernstein-ll-1979-vhs-big-box_1_309_1024x1024.jpg?v=1571711712bjornene-bernstein-ll-1979-vhs-big-box_2_777_1024x1024.jpg?v=1571711712

Bjørnene Bernstein. VHS Big Box.

VCM

217,00 kr
  •  

Beskrivelse

Bjørnene Bernstein. VHS Big Box.

https://eventyrhuset.no/products/bjornene-bernstein-vhs-big-box?_pos=1&_sid=d2c373c72&_ss=r

bjornene-bernstein-vhs-big-box-eventyrhuset_555_1024x1024.jpg?v=1571711605

bjornene-bernstein-vhs-big-box-eventyrhuset_1_336_1024x1024.jpg?v=1571711605bjornene-bernstein-vhs-big-box-eventyrhuset_2_993_1024x1024.jpg?v=1571711605

11 hours ago, auxien said:

there's literally a 'wink wink nudge nudge' in here, on this 'review' that just happens to be the only one he's got listed from before 1998.

e7YqSMHc6X-10.png.428895d4307c4281be680810bd32312d.png

i see no bone in the eye socket or six drill holes down the front of the skull on this deadly reviewer

like old timesFilmRating20