IGNORED

What if I told You

diatoms

was it pissing or shitting?

you must stop thinking in such constrictive terms and t r a n s c e n d

S H I S S I N G

Time to tell a story

Hmmmm which one, over the years I've told a few random ones. Just poke 'em im.

Okay so once upon a time, many years ago I was backpacking through Australia, been there 3 times, atm with a gut full of fucking booze I know it wasn't the last, maybe it was the second, could of been the first. Anyway lets cut to the chase.

There was, (maybe still is) a backpackers in Avalon, North Shore of NSW. It was well handy because back in those days (maybe still is) a thriving cash-in-hand economy of employing backpackers to dig holes for Aussie tradesmen. They need a few holes dug, they don't want all the red-tape, bullshit of employing a local, so they just pull up at the Avalon backpackers and a get a few English, Irish or Welsh (never met a Scot there) lads to dig them holes. Cash is paid in the hand, holes get dug, everyone gets drunk or stoned or both. Happy fucking days.

One day me and my mate (Wanos The Surfer) from St. Florence in South Wales Pembrokeshire are just hanging about, everyone else is out amongst the ticks and funnel webs, digging holes. We're just chilling drinking Coopers green and listening to The Cure on a tape radio (I remember these things, Disintegration). When some peculiar individual appears and asks us if we fancy a days work. Yeah fuck it why not.

So we get in this ladies car and she drives us to a place called Oxford Falls, she's a bit odd but then it's Australia, and we're a few miles from the city centre so odd is no biggie. We pull up in a place which....I dunno, looking back seems like a place out of a story book, a cross between Lost (the tv program), and Jurassic Park. No word of a lie it was an isolated mansion with underground caves, with huge wooden doors leading down into labyrinths. It was so weird..Then we went up through some stairs and there was like a huge tank/pool of water like something from Sea World (or whatever its called in Florida) you could of got 3 killer whales in it and there would of been plenty of room. But its just filled with slimy water. There's rope bridges and li'ke something like Colonel Kurtz camp, just no skulls. Yet.

We are told we shall met 'The Master' who will give us our orders. All we had to do was go out into a field and start digging the foundations for a new barn. Well we are thinking we are digging our own graves. This old bloke who looked like Steptoe came out with a bowl of green soupy muck in a bowl and bought 2 bowls for us. We didn't eat it.... I'm just tired now and need to go to bed but the whole fucking day was so next level weird. Honestly its when you think maybe the whole thing was a dream, so much so since google maps I've tried to find this place. I'm pretty sure it was a religious sect who occupied the place.

As an epilogue, I always told this story to my mum and dad, and sisters when I got back home. I don't think anyone really believed me, 'cause the whole fucking story seems so far fetched (there's a lot more details I can't be arsed to post), I get those looks like 'hmmm what drugs were you on' look. So fast forward maybe 10 years later my dad had died and my mum wanted a holiday in Pembrokeshire, St Florence (which I forgot to mention I used to have childhood holidays at) so me and my sisters take my mum on holiday. We sit at the pub The Sunn Inn, on a beer table. Who turns up? My good old friend Wayne. Hahah I say to him to tell the story of Oxford Falls to my folks...

It's true. An extraordinary day.

Edited by beerwolf

Time to tell a story

Hmmmm which one, over the years I've told a few random ones. Just poke 'em im.

Okay so once upon a time, many years ago I was backpacking through Australia, been there 3 times, atm with a gut full of fucking booze I know it wasn't the last, maybe it was the second, could of been the first. Anyway lets cut to the chase.

There was, (maybe still is) a backpackers in Avalon, North Shore of NSW. It was well handy because back in those days (maybe still is) a thriving cash-in-hand economy of employing backpackers to dig holes for Aussie tradesmen. They need a few holes dug, they don't want all the red-tape, bullshit of employing a local, so they just pull up at the Avalon backpackers and a get a few English, Irish or Welsh (never met a Scot there) lads to dig them holes. Cash is paid in the hand, holes get dug, everyone gets drunk or stoned or both. Happy fucking days.

One day me and my mate (Wanos The Surfer) from St. Florence in South Wales Pembrokeshire are just hanging about, everyone else is out amongst the ticks and funnel webs, digging holes. We're just chilling drinking Coopers green and listening to The Cure on a tape radio (I remember these things, Disintegration). When some peculiar individual appears and asks us if we fancy a days work. Yeah fuck it why not.

So we get in this ladies car and she drives us to a place called Oxford Falls, she's a bit odd but then it's Australia, and we're a few miles from the city centre so odd is no biggie. We pull up in a place which....I dunno, looking back seems like a place out of a story book, a cross between Lost (the tv program), and Jurassic Park. No word of a lie it was an isolated mansion with underground caves, with huge wooden doors leading down into labyrinths. It was so weird..Then we went up through some stairs and there was like a huge tank/pool of water like something from Sea World (or whatever its called in Florida) you could of got 3 killer whales in it and there would of been plenty of room. But its just filled with slimy water. There's rope bridges and li'ke something like Colonel Kurtz camp, just no skulls. Yet.

We are told we shall met 'The Master' who will give us our orders. All we had to do was go out into a field and start digging the foundations for a new barn. Well we are thinking we are digging our own graves. This old bloke who looked like Steptoe came out with a bowl of green soupy muck in a bowl and bought 2 bowls for us. We didn't eat it.... I'm just tired now and need to go to bed but the whole fucking day was so next level weird. Honestly its when you think maybe the whole thing was a dream, so much so since google maps I've tried to find this place. I'm pretty sure it was a religious sect who occupied the place.

As an epilogue, I always told this story to my mum and dad, and sisters when I got back home. I don't think anyone really believed me, 'cause the whole fucking story seems so far fetched (there's a lot more details I can't be arsed to post), I get those looks like 'hmmm what drugs were you on' look. So fast forward maybe 10 years later my dad had died and my mum wanted a holiday in Pembrokeshire, St Florence (which I forgot to mention I used to have childhood holidays at) so me and my sisters take my mum on holiday. We sit at the pub The Sunn Inn, on a beer table. Who turns up? My good old friend Wayne. Hahah I say to him to tell the story of Oxford Falls to my folks...

It's true. An extraordinary day.

:)

More stories

Yes please:)

Be the Light that radiates unconditional Love and have Fun:)

Excellent catch manmower!!!

A hell of a lot of PEDs is what she probably did.

Remember how nineFly used to be nineFLY?

You are absolutely correct about

nineFLY

We're not the only ones who remember:)

Yeah 3 is having the classic aeffect© on me. Found a lot of the tracks inscrutable and now they're slowly showing themselves to me after a few listens.

Today glos ceramic clicked hard and I started to make progress with nineFLY and clustro casual. Loving it!

yes, nineFLY was also one of my instant favourites. those overtones and weird rhythms

when you're 7 minutes deep into nineFLY

giphy.gif

tt1pd

is

FUCKING WHAT

and

nineFLY

is

FUCKING WHAT

in other words

Haven't heard sesh 4 yet.

Of the first 3 though I think 3 is my fav atm, the most varied. Still think that almost all the sessions tracks are a bit too long but that's just personal taste I guess? Only listened twice through 1-3, maybe more will catch my attention through more listens.

I anticipate probably doing the same thing I did with else-q, making a best of.

So far:
t1a1
l3 ctrl
north spiral
32a reflected
xflood
gonk tuf hi
clustro casual
splesh

oops - also nineFLY

Also, noticed g 1 e 1 is straight off utrecht just stripped down (sure that was mentioned already 100x). Very much prefer the AE live one, meatier.

nineFLY: such a good name for my least favorite session 3 track

I'm on my third pass of this stuff now, so here's some initial thoughts.

This is fucking weird. Like even by Autechre standards this session is WEIRD AF. But then also there are some bits that are kind of normal (?). 

There are some excellent tracks on here, and there are some supreme head scratchers as well. I'm not sure what it's going to take for me to wrap my head around nineFLY.  Same goes for acid mwan idle.

On first impressions it may be my least favorite of the 3 sessions thus far, but also I expect I'll be chewing on it's mysteries for longer than the prior two.

I kind of love that there are tracks on here that I wouldn't even be able to identify as AE if I didn't know. There's acid mwan idle, then there's g131 and nineFLY both of which could easily be mistaken for coil outtakes if not for their signature production, and shimripl air. It's exactly what I like the most about listening to AE and what I've been missing for the past couple releases (as good as they were)..

I suspect this one is going to get a lot more plays.

This is immediately my favorite so far, these just keep getting better. This really sounds like a new and weird direction and I'm loving it. Elements from Draft-Exai are all in here, with quite a bit of the awesome parts of Draft and Untilted.

I love some of the prettier and more subdued moments in this one. And holy fuck tt1pd is a beast as others have said, loving that woodpecker beat. acid mwan idle started to wear on me after about 5 minutes but then it mutates into one of their most hypnotizing tracks. And fLH, that's some GONKY shit. Sounds like their weird ass take on 80s synth pop.

nineFLY is the only track in any of these that I'm really not feeling, but overall this is the next level shit I've been hoping for. Shit is blowing my mind. Happy 420! Looking forward to enjoying this on the holiday after work.

this is kind of what nineFLY sounds like to me, except with way more liquid movement and things moving inside the honey more

Session 4 is pure perfection. Such a delicate, cohesive collection of tracks. Autechre's nocturnal chill EP.

Current picks from the other sesh's
t1a1
bqbqbq
dummy casual pt2
violvoic
e0
clustro casual
tt1pd
acid mwan idle
g 1 e 1
nineFLY
shimripl air
icari

Listening over the last week before sleep it's hypnagogic heaven

Today, I relistened tracks from NTS3 that I didn't enjoy at first. Being home alone and listening them loud on a quality soundsystem helped some of them to open up for me: Splesh made a splash and glos ceramic gonked me hard, Icari felt like subdued Oversteps - beautiful stuff! Some are still falling short though: shimripl air lacks depth and nineFLY is too long - would prefer threeFLY at most...

nineFLY has grown on me so much in the past few days. icari is such a satisfying journey as well.

Really hope they announce a tour tomorrow/this week, need to hear these songs live ASAP.

I am only just getting to properly listen to S3, listening g1e1 loud I found it took on huge room filling holographic properties.

Then I nodded off towards the end.

Then nineFLY kicked in :o

Interesting how we collectively decided to capitalize FLY:)

Some more who remember

nineFLY

post-17854-0-10814600-1528657622_thumb.pngpost-17854-0-81684000-1528657636_thumb.pngpost-17854-0-56596700-1528657649_thumb.pngpost-17854-0-77300700-1528657663_thumb.pngpost-17854-0-30969100-1528657800_thumb.png

That transition from nineFLY to shimripl deserves more love, how nineFLY teleports to the shimripl periphery in preparation for the last 50 seconds.

this thread should get the fucked up treatment that other thread got w the font changes and upside down text n then just unrecognizable scripts.. anyone remember what thread that was? did I dream that?

this thread should get the fucked up treatment that other thread got w the font changes and upside down text n then just unrecognizable scripts.. anyone remember what thread that was? did I dream that?

yea that was pretty fun

Ok, I don't believe in the Mandela effect but what the fuck. I swore there was a specific word for chocolate-citrus flavor, like how neopolitan is the word for chocolate, vanilla and strawberry... am I losing my mind?

I was thinking of Borgia, it's like a hot chocolate/coffee drink with orange flavoring. Got confused.

nineFLY

The files are named nineFly in all of the currently available downloads, but the FLAC and MP3 have nineFLY in the title tag.

ZnWxfFk.gif

mine has nineFly in the title tag not nineFLY

post-17854-0-68973300-1528712747_thumb.png

kubrick had OCD and films long hard shafts a lot

2001: A Space OCD

Haha!

yea that was pretty fun

it certainly was not. it was a very serious thread about handing out in public which got hijacked by a bunch of insincere ass-pirates.

Edited by usagi

Bye bye Ragnar, I liked your shitposting. Best bot.

Edited by Gocab