IGNORED

What if I told You

diatoms

Xiphoid process

aka

xiphisternum or metasternum

"Pressure on the xiphoid process should be avoided when administering chest compressions in CPR, as this can cause the xiphoid process to break off, resulting in punctures or lacerations of the diaphragm. Additionally, the liver may be punctured, resulting in lethal hemorrhaging."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiphoid_process

Haha, What?!

1080px-Xiphoid_process_frontal.thumb.png.25fdb15fa957b1544900318351ccab1f.png

The Tip, The Point, The Breakoff

Arrowhead

Interesting disscusion:)

from: https://old.reddit.com/r/Retconned/comments/f25bm9/rib_cage_change/

Rib Cage Change Health / Anatomy self.Retconned

submitted 2 days ago* by willworkforanswers

"Just a bit of background. In 2012, I was hit by truck and broke over nine ribs. I have looked at so many xrays, cts, mri's of my own chest, it is an anchor memory for me. I know the rib cage has changed a lot, so I check it frequently when I feel like things are shifting. And, this is a new change for me. For me the sternum never had a sharp point like an arrow or spike coming off it at the end. It actually looks rather dangerous, like it could stab organs when people sit wrong."

throwaway998i 2 points 3 hours ago 

"I asked a family member physician who's been practicing for nearly 50 years about the heart location.... I said "is the heart centered and only left-leaning, or entirely left of center?"

His reply was immediate and with complete certainty: "typically the heart is fully to the left, although it may be tangent to the meridian of your chest."

He got really quiet when I showed him diagrams and MRI photos.

He also told me unequivocally that the kidneys were/are lower back. When I showed him otherwise, he sheepishly muttered "hmm, I guess they're higher than I thought."

I actually felt really bad afterwards. The poor guy is in his mid 70's and has done a lifetime of good and is as mentally sharp as he's ever been. This revelation seemed to frighten him but not in the mandela affected existential way.... I think it made him start imagining his own senility. In hindsight I'm not sure pushing this on him was fair."

willworkforanswers[S] 3 points 2 hours ago 

"It's really hard to know how far to push loved ones and friends. When one of them answers the way I remember, I know I get excited and probably push too far. I actually yelled at one of my aunts. I feel bad that I did that but mainly because it had virtually no effect. I always wondered what would happen if I just told someone as much as I remember being different and offered them the proofs that exist, would it make a difference? I've had three people "wake up" briefly and it lasted a month, a weekend and a day respectively. After a small period of time the reactions all became something along the lines of them not caring about the ME. My brain cant understand this anymore than they seem to be able to comprehend the changes. Your family member probably remembered it the way it was because he was retired in that field. I've noticed that working versus retired professional in the same field makes a difference in whether they know it the way it is now. For example, my husband and I are both professionals in the same field and both ME affected, yet we argue about the way things are in our profession. I'm not practicing and he is... we think this is the reason for our disputes. My knowledge of how things were in our field hasnt updated, his has. We think this is a sign of the ME demonstrating benevolence. Imagine the issues of going to see a doctor who has not received an update on where the heart is located."

throwaway998i 2 points 2 hours ago

"I share your consternation completely. In fact, at this point I've given up in general trying to jog or coax awareness from most people in my life. They're clearly not able to perceive these changes, and through no fault of their own. They know what they know and many only know the status quo. Convincing them otherwise is a fool's errand imho and can actually be construed as psychologically intrusive or reckless. There's that line in the Matrix about not freeing minds beyond a certain age... this feels similar to me.

I've had so many contentious interactions with people dear to me that I'm a bit of a pariah in my own family now. These encounters all started with innocuous trivia type questions and quickly escalated into full blown arguments. In every instance, the antagonism and adversarial tenor stemmed from a disproportionate emotional reaction to what I previously would've considered benign topics. Not so benign anymore.

I mean, I actually had a physical confrontation with my brother over the etching on car mirrors. Yeah, THAT'S normal!

One thing I've mentioned a few times elsewhere on this sub is that medical professionals tend to only recall Walt Disney's head being frozen, while nearly everyone else remembers full cryogenic preservation. (In this reality he was actually cremated) It's an interesting nuance."

BetheLightthatradiatesunconditionalLoveForgiveHealandhaveFun:)

• Like 1

More interesting comments on Human anatomy from a retired medical professional

and

HIPPA

it's now always been

HIPAA

I know that knowledge will shock some americans

I know it did me, Ha:)

Xiphoid process

https://forum.watmm.com/uploads/monthly_2020_02/1080px-Xiphoid_process_frontal.png.1307c6fde0881bd5ff5a5e7a5b213ebd.png

fractalhumanoid 10 points 2 days ago 

Correct. It is way too rounded and narrow. I'm a retired medical professional and the human body has changed dramatically in the past few years. I find it hard to believe that we were all so ignorant about human anatomy, organ processes, etc. prior to 2000 and yet still managed to treat patients and save lives. Suddenly, in the last 20 years we have all these new organ functions, discovered other parts of organs, nonconsequential organs suddenly have importance, paramount functionality and our organs like the heart location and chambers have "always been that way".

cometswin 3 points 1 day ago 

Was it always HIPPA or HIPAA for you?

fractalhumanoid 2 points 1 day ago 

HIPPA

cometswin 2 points 20 hours ago 

Same for me and everyone else I've asked...strange that when I tell them it's HIPAA now that most get a confused look but don't seem bothered by it. Bugs the dogshit outta me!

Crystal-lightly 1 point 1 day ago 

I see you are a retired medical professional, so could you please answer this question? I recently read that the heart is in the middle of the chest instead of on the left side. That honestly makes more sense to me than it being on the left side, as it seems it would be safer during physical activity and better for the body's balance. But I did learn it was on the left when we had to put our right hand over our heart for the Pledge of Allegiance in school. Was the heart always in the middle of our chest or was it on the left side?

willworkforanswers[S] 1 point 1 day ago 

For me the heart originally was on the left side of the chest. When I was hit by a truck the center of my chest took the hardest hit. Over nine ribs were broken including breaks in the Costal cartilage over where the heart is now in the center. When I was hit by the truck a small bit of the heart was in the center though it was predominately on the left side. I suffered a heart contusion and some nerve damage to my heart but had the majority of it been in the center it likely would have been punctured by all the broken ribs. I have a protrusion in my chest over where the heart is now from the accident, I am quite grateful that it wasn't there for me originally. I am beyond certain of where the heart was for me then with all of the visits to cardiothoracic surgeons and all of the tests they made me undergo. Including being hooked to a mobile heart monitor for days.

fractalhumanoid 2 points 1 day ago 

It was always on the left. I didn't learn about it shifting center until just 3 years ago.

willworkforanswers[S] 3 points 2 days ago 

To be honest, I was more ignorant of our bodies and anatomy until my accident. After my body was crushed by a truck, I -had- to learn as much as I could in order to receive good health care and survive. I am 100% on this change for me.

• Like 1

'The Safety Dance'

Men Without Hats

"You can Dance if You want to

You can leave your friends behind"

DANK Remembers again:)

DANK Memories?

Do You Remember You?

i do

On 2/4/2020 at 5:08 PM, Lada Laika said:

27DB9D7F-9347-481C-894A-8E6C90B275D8.jpeg.9fdc4059292c825fdae9eca11fe31093.thumb.jpeg.1ca77c0100f264294e0b30cce00d6427.jpeg

Has now changed to

"We can Dance if We want to

We can leave your friends behind"

Wii, Wii

1 hour ago, Salvatorin said:

Haha:)

See

I told You

I Remember

Neo took the Blue Pill

but the important thing is

Neo

"We need to talk about your flair"

• Like 1

O Ivan

O Canada

"You can Dance if You Want To"

Can some One explain why

"You"

is being sung?

On 2/16/2020 at 1:25 AM, diatoms said:

'The Safety Dance'

Men Without Hats

"You can Dance if You want to

You can leave your friends behind"

DANK Remembers again:)

DANK Memories?

Do You Remember You?

i do

On 2/4/2020 at 5:08 PM, Lada Laika said:

27DB9D7F-9347-481C-894A-8E6C90B275D8.jpeg.9fdc4059292c825fdae9eca11fe31093.thumb.jpeg.1ca77c0100f264294e0b30cce00d6427.jpeg

Has now changed to

"We can Dance if We want to

We can leave your friends behind"

Wii, Wii

Wii

I Remember

SKETCHERS

On 2/18/2020 at 4:04 PM, Thiefinger said:

image0-1.jpg.7b036807a94f1d3bafeb8c69e4f810cb.jpg

On 7/17/2018 at 9:45 AM, diatoms said:

now you're talkin' drukqs:)

this is the one that really gets my best friend

who wore sketchers for most of the 2000's

We both remember SKETCHERS

so do they

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=%22sketchers%22&src=typd

On 7/17/2018 at 9:35 AM, drukqs said:

image-result-for-skechers-mandela-effect

• Burger 1

9 hours ago, diatoms said:

O Ivan

O Canada

"You can Dance if You Want To"

Can some One explain why

"You"

is being sung?

I always thought the men had hats...

On 3/23/2017 at 4:27 AM, diatoms said:

Double Stuff Oreo    Smokey the Bear

what

the f

On 2/16/2020 at 1:21 AM, Lada Laika said:

F90F1C57-3EFC-4262-AB8C-A95788B5FC7A.jpeg.b325ab986b8593a1d270144e601ac933.thumb.jpeg.55338ba436f17636714caa4365c9af06.jpeg

Double Stuf Oreo

DF89F81F-60AD-4B45-99ED-F435DA94EC18.jpeg.6945493205f0adb3b98f88eb26a20b69.thumb.jpeg.f4bb74048d713d290261aaaf52dd6024.jpeg

Smokey Bear

Haha:)

saw on: https://old.reddit.com/r/Retconned/comments/f8oydc/joe_biden_and_mandela_what_do_you_think/

The Mandela Effect? Joe Biden claims he was arrested in South Africa in 1989 while he was trying to visit the anti-apartheid leader in prison - but nobody else can seem to remember

• Biden has made the extraordinary claim three times this month in South Carolina
  • Says he was arrested in Soweto in 1989 while trying to visit Nelson Mandela
  • Mandela was imprisoned on Robben Island, 900 miles away from Soweto
  • No news reports or other records can be found of such an arrest of the senator
  • UN ambassador who Biden says was arrested with him denies it ever happened

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8033033/Joe-Biden-claims-arrested-South-Africa-trying-visit-Nelson-Mandela.html

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden is facing scrutiny over a dubious tale from the campaign trail, claiming that he was arrested in South Africa while trying to visit Nelson Mandela in prison.

Biden, 77, first told the story at a campaign event in Columbia, South Carolina on February 11, as he tried to shake off defeat in New Hampshire, and has repeated it twice more during outreach to black voters.

'This day, 30 years ago, Nelson Mandela walked out of prison and entered into discussions about apartheid,' Biden said in Columbia of the former South African president, who was imprisoned for 27 years by the apartheid government. 

'I had the great honor of meeting him. I had the great honor of being arrested with our U.N. ambassador on the streets of Soweto trying to get to see him on Robben Island,' Biden went on.

No contemporaneous or other supporting evidence has emerged to support Biden's extraordinary claim, leading some to compare it to the so-called 'Mandela Effect', a phenomenon in which a person's vivid memory of a historical event or cultural touchstone turns out to be false.

The Mandela Effect is named for a common false memory that people report, saying they recall Mandela dying in prison in the 1990s. In fact he was freed and went on to become president of South Africa. He died in 2013. 

In two retellings of his tale over the past week while campaigning in Nevada, Biden's story changed slightly, dating the purported arrest to before he became engaged in 1977.

On Sunday at a black history awards brunch in Las Vegas, Biden described the happy ending to his story.

'After he got free and became president, he came to Washington and came to my office,' Biden said of Mandela. 

'He threw his arms around me and said, 'I want to say thank you.' I said, 'What are you thanking me for, Mr. President?' He said, 'You tried to see me. You got arrested trying to see me.'  

Soweto, where Biden says he was arrested, is 900 miles away from Robben Island. A historically and predominately black suburb of Johannesburg, Soweto is famed for the 1976 uprising there in protest of apartheid policy.

Biden did repeatedly visit South Africa while he was a U.S. Senator, but no news reports or contemporary accounts have been found mentioning an arrest.

Biden did not mention such an arrest in his 400-page memoir in 2007. 

Andrew Young was the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations from 1977 to 1979, and told the New York Times that he had accompanied Biden on several trips to South Africa during that time.

But Young was skeptical that it would even be possible for a sitting member of Congress to be arrested in South Africa back then.  

'No, I was never arrested and I don't think he was, either,' said Young, now 87. 'I would not forget going to jail, but I know I did not ever go to jail in South Africa.' 

Biden's campaign did not immediately respond to an inquiry from DailyMail.com on Saturday requesting any evidence supporting Biden's claim about the arrest."

from: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8033033/Joe-Biden-claims-arrested-South-Africa-trying-visit-Nelson-Mandela.html

• Burger 1

You can't tell me

something isn't a bit off

in this

reality

melbrooks/montypythonvibe

Hello Schlitze:)

12 minutes ago, Schlitze said:

Just read the last page.. What the fuck is going on with you Diatoms.. Jesus Henry Christ

"The International Exhibition of Arts and Manufactures was a world's fair held in Dublin in 1865 attended by almost 1 million visitors."

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Exhibition_of_Arts_and_Manufactures

symmetrical union jack

83655.jpg.eb03796240a7ccdd081b06a7b4323da3.jpgjytghhgjf.jpeg.b33dc2b4ce376e783e3aec33a2106857.jpeg

Irish Museum of Modern Art

Kilmainham

sun dial

I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII VIII, IX, X, XI, XII

upright

IMG_20200222_153134.thumb.jpg.8c9fe0fcc18785ec9d914be68aed6dbc.jpgimomasundialwp.jpg.219657b98a5dfb0e9f508fb6a842a810.jpgbigkillmain.thumb.jpg.5111c28d520f97d6e18d082ee43d3931.jpg2014-03-08-17_14.21-11.thumb.jpg.d4dea880e942e651932f1d4b7c26f5be.jpg25712433943_3dccf6253a_b.thumb.jpg.5e49d1dcce7d7f1fb2030fda434a4cea.jpg

& clock face

I, II, III, IIII, ʌ, ıʌ, ııʌ, ıııʌ, IX, X, XI, XII

uʍop ǝpısdn

IMG_20200222_153235.thumb.jpg.e2fc13a68b002cbea312fae30e203891.jpg7QDatX.jpg.acc8db25c7a78e9c2ff634baf7678ac6.jpg33261327052_a2259653e0_b.thumb.jpg.164717fe4d888b392782ce9278c26fd4.jpg7611410004_dcd54d8cfe_b.thumb.jpg.3185f653a5b381c0ed0dd4ed704b2df3.jpg

Found the whole speech:)

'If You Find this World Bad, You should see some of the Others'

Philip K. Dick

Metz 1977

Thanks to Cynthia Sue Larson

On 7/28/2019 at 6:52 PM, diatoms said:

spacer.png

Philip K. Dick

Metz Science Fiction Conference

"The subject of this speech is a topic which has been discovered recently, and which may not exist all. I may be talking about something that does not exist. Therefore I’m free to say everything or nothing.

I in my stories and novels often write about counterfeit worlds. Semi-real worlds as well as deranged private worlds, inhabited often by just one person. While meantime the other characters either remain in their own worlds throughout or are somehow drawn into one of the peculiar ones.

This theme occurs in the corpus of my 27 years of writing.

At no time did I have a theoretical or conscious explanation for my preoccupation with these pluriform pseudo-worlds, but now I think I understand.

What I was sensing was the manifold of partially actualized realities lying tangent to what evidently is the most actualized one—the one that the majority of us, by consensus gentium, agree on...

People claim to remember past lives. I claim to remember a different – very different – present life.

I know of no one who has ever made this claim before but I rather suspect that my experience is not unique. What perhaps is unique is the fact that I'm willing to talk about it.

We are living in a computer-programmed reality and the only clue we have to it is when some variable is changed and some alteration in our reality occurs.

We would have the overwhelming impression that we were re-living the present deja vu – perhaps in precisely the same way, hearing the same words, saying the same words – I submit that these impressions are valid and significant.

And I will even say this: such an impression is a clue that, at some past time point, a variable was changed – reprogrammed as it were – and that because of this, an alternative world branched off."  

- Philip K. Dick, Metz Science Fiction Conference, 1977

• Like 1

https://forum.watmm.com/uploads/monthly_2020_02/R6l3oe1.png.1da2c10888f5cc329b3338fed2c9cdd0.png

On 5/10/2017 at 7:09 PM, Gocab said:

It appears to shift to a darker tone

https://forum.watmm.com/uploads/monthly_2020_02/1920px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom_svg.png.ecc7928ffcec439f57c315bd5a60238d.png

2 hours ago, Gocab said:

What?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Diatoms, you are like the wizard in the wizard of oz, pulling strings behind the curtain and using this thread to be like: "look what I just did" ?

• Like 1