IGNORED

Juventae - Aphelion

juventae

I really like this! It kinda reminds me of some of Ken Ishii's old stuff - if it was slowed down. 

It honestly doesn't feel like the tune is almost 8 minutes long. The groove and atmosphere is great and I never once felt like hitting stop :) 

The blown out-sounding drum break could need a bit of variation as I started noticing it getting repeated - it's the break that plays at 2:16.

Then there's the reese bassline at 2:32 - it sounds a bit of out tune. It sounds the most out of tune just when it starts playing and it gets better over time. I don't know if it's because you open up the filter a tiny bit at one point, but I just thought I would point it out. Sometimes when you play very low notes they tend to get out of tune.

I really like this! It kinda reminds me of some of Ken Ishii's old stuff - if it was slowed down. 

It honestly doesn't feel like the tune is almost 8 minutes long. The groove and atmosphere is great and I never once felt like hitting stop :) 

The blown out-sounding drum break could need a bit of variation as I started noticing it getting repeated - it's the break that plays at 2:16.

Then there's the reese bassline at 2:32 - it sounds a bit of out tune. It sounds the most out of tune just when it starts playing and it gets better over time. I don't know if it's because you open up the filter a tiny bit at one point, but I just thought I would point it out. Sometimes when you play very low notes they tend to get out of tune.

Thanks for the kind words Squee. I hadn't heard of Ken Ishii before, but I've been checking him out on your recommendation :)

I agree with maybe more variation being needed on that drum part - I made a point of keeping it simple with this one, recording things live and not editing things over and over again like I normally do.

Even though I'm not a big fan of the "buh-ts-buh-ts-buh-ts" I REALLY dug the atmosphere in this track. The mixing is stupendous, and whatever synth/sample layers are going on make me smile.  

Even though I'm not a big fan of the "buh-ts-buh-ts-buh-ts" I REALLY dug the atmosphere in this track. The mixing is stupendous, and whatever synth/sample layers are going on make me smile.  

Thanks! Stupendous is a big word.

Glad it makes you smile. That's what this is all about really innit!

Is that a U220 Choir !? 

Atmospheres is way nice, kept me interested through out the whole duration.

Drums sound sorta flat and mono. Panning the toms and cymbals would do wonders imo

i kinda like the mono drums. gives the rest of the mix space to swim around while keeping it nicely anchored. not sure if this was the intention but i like it!

i really like the mix as well. i like the noise, it's super soothing the way it pushes in and out. very tidal.

Archived