IGNORED

Ulver - THE ASSASSINATION OF JULIUS CAESAR

kokoon

as brian eno says "avant-garde music is a sort of research music. You're glad someone's done it but you don't necessarily want to listen to it"

I'm not really sure what sounds avant-garde about this, it just sounds like pop music to me

also this is a fkn idm forum, lol what

I'm not sure I'm getting you guys right... nobody agrees with me that this is great?

By the way, I've been a huge Ulver fan right from the BM days and I'm not saying everything they've released was good. ATGCLVLSSCAP was the first album of theirs that I really liked after quite a long stretch of pretty meh releases.

But I'm digging this so much, simply can't stop listening. Sure it's way more accessible, whatever you call it, poppy, but I'm loving it for what it is!

The first track (the video one I posted) isn't even the best one, I recommend you spin the whole thing and give it a shot.

edit: I also liked Human Energy

as brian eno says "avant-garde music is a sort of research music. You're glad someone's done it but you don't necessarily want to listen to it"

I'm not really sure what sounds avant-garde about this, it just sounds like pop music to me

also this is a fkn idm forum, lol what

this is like the WATMM equivalent of someone misquoting the bible on FB

this is quite addictive sound wise, was taken aback when I first heard it but in a good way (granted I am not well versed in Ulver beyond their BM release and Shadow of the Sun) this band is a chameleon in the most sincere way possible, this spanks so much electronic-tinged rock and poppy industrial

I'm not sure I'm getting you guys right... nobody agrees with me that this is great?

By the way, I've been a huge Ulver fan right from the BM days and I'm not saying everything they've released was good. ATGCLVLSSCAP was the first album of theirs that I really liked after quite a long stretch of pretty meh releases.

But I'm digging this so much, simply can't stop listening. Sure it's way more accessible, whatever you call it, poppy, but I'm loving it for what it is!

The first track (the video one I posted) isn't even the best one, I recommend you spin the whole thing and give it a shot.

edit: I also liked Human Energy

no I definitely agree, this is an awesome album, reminds me a bit of Ultra era Depeche Mode (best era imo).

i didn't even listen to it, they're known to pretend > back catalogue. anyway, this is dreadful.

I don't really understand why you care enough about this to post in this thread..

Great stuff, thanks kokoon for the suggestion, will certainly acquire this. I find myself rewinding it a few times once it's finished, it's really good. Favourite moment is 1:44, when those arpeggiated synths enter.

Personally, I don't find it pretentious at all, quite the contrary. Sounds like the kind of twisted "pop" song David Lynch would use in one of his films, it's got that dream-like quality.

Just listened to it and I'm pleasantly suprised. I'm glad to FINALLY have an actual studio album with original music by Ulver again. Might be even better than Wars of the Roses. Definitely going to put this on some more. 

Archived