IGNORED

My experiments will go here

So I recently bought a Babybox 3.1 by Moodysounds, its a grumpy piece of kit that destroys sound quite nicely.  I've hooked it up to my DJ setup (2 x Pionner PLX-1000 and a DJM-350 mixer), and I'm experimenting with feedback by playing various recordings and stuff.

Anyway, first jam recording that I've been happy with is here:-

https://soundcloud.com/feltch/flannel-dance

I want this to turn into a noise/experimental DJ project where I kinda remix / jam over stuff on the fly whilst mixing records.

I welcome feedback (fnar) and criticism / comments!

• 1 month later...

Good noise!  What was the source of the anger that went into Wrenk?  I ask because one of my big life goals is to fully understand the relationships between music and emotion.

Noise is such a weird genre but can create some truly free and creative work. Both of these tracks so far are good, especially the angry one  :catsalute:

Good noise! What was the source of the anger that went into Wrenk? I ask because one of my big life goals is to fully understand the relationships between music and emotion.

Long story but basically me and my family have had to move out of our house for about 6 weeks now due to our washing machine.

The guy who plumbed it in "forgot" to connect the waste into the drain, so every time we have used it over the past 2 years it's been dumping the dirty water into the floor void under our house.

That would explain the intermittent odd smells and slugs then.

We only found out when I was fed up with the smells and decided to break open the laminate floor and cut into the floor joists.

No place for a toddler with holes in the floor, and when we found all the water (about 50mm deep of sludgy crap!) obviously had to move out. Then we started getting flies in too.

Thank fuck for home insurance is all I can day, and we think we have traced the guy who did the work.

So yes, big source of anger and frustration. Nearly back home though, it's been hard work getting it all sorted out so we can move back in (hopefully Sunday so I can watch twin peaks!)

• 2 weeks later...

https://soundcloud.com/feltch/rushey-lock

A new noisy bleepy thing, taking inspiration from Ekoplekz, wAgAwAgA and Seefeel.

This is a "straight from jam" recording, no editing / tweaking / etc.  I like to keep it RAW.

Quite enjoying getting back into this music making malarky.

• 4 weeks later...

https://soundcloud.com/feltch/cludge-excerpt

Short excerpt of last nights session, with new electronic firepower at my disposal and an increased awareness of how to control my kit... after a few more jam sessions, might collate a bunch of this into an EP and give it away for free.

• 3 weeks later...

New 4-part "EP" vomited up onto soundcloud in the last hour or so.

Slightly more "techno" in terms of structure but still very much experimental noise.  Have been tinkering with my setup to get best results as I now have the turntables in use so i'm sampling records on the fly and looping them into the mess.

This probably still needs mastering as its very much RAW live from the jam so I will get round to doing that at a later date.

Also I think a video of my process would be helpful so I may record one of those soon too.

https://soundcloud.com/soloman-tump/sets/the-litigation-extension-ep

Edited by fletcher

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New noisy

A difficult day lead to a dark place and thus the creation of this recording.

An electronic collage of distortion created with my various machines and pedals with feedback and my energy.

Born to this planet on 12/05/2018.

https://soundcloud.com/soloman-tump/barrage-of-lead-pills

• 2 weeks later...

this is cool but the noise stuff that i tend to gravitate to is usually noisy and anarchic but also very deliberate in layering and spacing. you should check out work/ death, who does this very well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

this is cool but the noise stuff that i tend to gravitate to is usually noisy and anarchic but also very deliberate in layering and spacing. you should check out work/ death, who does this very well.

I did check this out - thanks! Wince is also very anarchic but has subtle things layered in the depths that are cool when you pick them out...

This is my latest creation, it was originally one long session but I split it roughly into 4 chunks.  I will also EQ it a bit after a few more listens, some parts are a bit too bass heavy but that was part of the live process distortion effects so in the spirit of noise I might just leave it....

https://soundcloud.com/soloman-tump/sets/old-church-ep 

Like this at 11:52 plus ... but it is what it is . What are you planning on adding to the signal path next ?

My latest efforts have more added now that I have expanded my setup slightly and got to grips with the equipment more.  Thanks for the <feedback>

• 3 months later...

[redacted due to getting released]

I recorded this "live" straight into my LS-P1, warts and all.

All I have done is normalise the volume then trim and fade the start and finish in Audacity.

Quite pleased with how this turned out given it was a fairly spontaneous session - it is a harrowing "rhythmic noise" piece lasting almost 20 minutes, a dystopic trip into some dark parts of my brain.

Edited by fletcher

• 3 months later...

A 21 minute recording of live noisy techno.  Made with volca kick, monotron, a whole bunch of pedals and a mixer. Image below (testing out the new forum upload options, lush)

P_20190430_220242_3.thumb.jpg.776b00c94135d68b9f253a5903d892d9.jpg

No post processing / editing / mastering - you can probably tell, presented here with warts and all ?

Slowly getting to grips with my live noise/techno rig that I want to take out on the road soon.

Some sections of this sound quite good to my ears, some others not so... I am constantly learning.  Slowly.

Thanks,

Edited by Soloman_Tump