IGNORED

My experiments will go here

3 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

Did you ingest all those liquids in the process?

This is a whole lot of noise, I like. Maybe some bassy kick drum in the sidechain of the compressor would sound nice

That's my home batch of Sloe Gin, probably ready to ingest by now!

Yeah the kicks could be fatter in the mix, ill work on that. Thanks for listening.

that's...very noisy. ? I've recorded some stuff nearing those levels of harsh but not quite, and I rarely delve into 'noise' stuff quite that heavy so i'm not the target audience perhaps... some enjoyable bits but I gave up about halfway through, just a little too much for me, i'm sure there's some who would be into tho. like the idea/direction, just maybe not that particular take? will be curious to hear more no matter :beer:

3 hours ago, auxien said:

that's...very noisy. ? I've recorded some stuff nearing those levels of harsh but not quite, and I rarely delve into 'noise' stuff quite that heavy so i'm not the target audience perhaps... some enjoyable bits but I gave up about halfway through, just a little too much for me, i'm sure there's some who would be into tho. like the idea/direction, just maybe not that particular take? will be curious to hear more no matter :beer:

Thank you for listening... I actually prefer the second half haha, I settled into it a bit more.

I will keep recording the sessions and hopefully a few bits will stand out as "release" worthy... 

Recently bought 50 no. 3" CDs with wallets and labels...

• 3 weeks later...

A 20 minute minimal bleep techno jam

OH BABY I LIKE IT RAW

Mainly in time, a few slip ups but fairly happy with how this came out on first try., quite different to the other noisy stuff I have been peddling recently.

Edited by Soloman Tump

• 4 weeks later...

I made a droney / ambient ish thing, completely different to my noise output!

I was experimenting with the volca kick, if you turn the tempo right down to 10bpm and sustain the keys, you can create lush looping drones.

Quite happy with how this turned out. It was recorded live in response to the storms we have been having - see the photo!

Edited by Soloman Tump

• 3 months later...

4 new tracks

A live recording of a sound installation I was involved with making for this years Supernormal Festival. 

I made some steel letters that were hung from a frame and amplified / processed.  They "jangled" in the wind but we also played them with sticks and threw stones at them.

Drone creepiness

Drone weirdness

Maximum noise with kick drum experiment

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

A 20 minute jam recorded last night, using only the Behringer Neutron in one take.  You can get some really satisfying sounds from this machine!

Live patching and tweaking creating a blend of acidic ambient electronica.

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@Soloman Tump I really, genuinely enjoyed these. Dirty, gritty sounds. Lots of human elements which make it really interesting to listen to. It's a very imposing sound, unsettling at times. Digging these so much - 'Tadpole' being my favourite. Hoping you do some more soon.

I wasn't a big fan of the jam to be honest - I've yet to hear any mod synth jam that I can stomach. I don't think it does justice to your other tracks. The rest of it though, class!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 714681746476436 said:

@Soloman Tump I really, genuinely enjoyed these. Dirty, gritty sounds. Lots of human elements which make it really interesting to listen to. It's a very imposing sound, unsettling at times. Digging these so much - 'Tadpole' being my favourite. Hoping you do some more soon.

I wasn't a big fan of the jam to be honest - I've yet to hear any mod synth jam that I can stomach. I don't think it does justice to your other tracks. The rest of it though, class!

Hey, cheers for this. Kind words! The jam was just that, fun to just mess around and see what sounds come out. 

Working on more actual tracks in the vein of Tadpole and Swamp, with the aim of releasing as an EP

• 1 month later...

First recording of my work with the Volca Drum, which is a pretty damn awesome machine.  I have already learned a lot since I recorded this last week, so plenty more to come.

Paired with the Behringer Neutron and the Fabrikat pedal, all clocked together off the Drum.  A touch of reverb from Audacity plus fade/in fade/out only.

I know all these recordings are pretty long (so under 10 minutes is good for me this time) but they are straight from hardware jams and I just crop the bits out that I like the best.  Not trying to impress anyone other than myself really ?

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Happy with this live recording from yesterday.  Pulled straight from my mixer, recording live with no post-processing, all hardware still.  Kinda getting the feeling I could do a live show now without making a complete dick of myself.  Maybe.

I was also invited to provide some sounds for Heinous Whining #10 which is a weekly noise/improv/experimental stream which has been going out live weekly on Twitch, Saturday evenings during lockdown. My 16 minute set with weird accompanying video is here:

Also some amazing other sets on there, Evicshen is up last and she slays it with the NOISE

• Like 2

Have no fear mate, very enjoyable listen so far.

If you are a bit worried obviously focus your gig/performance in the right setting with the correct crowd who either know you or you support a similar act etc. Heckling isn’t nice and I have even seen/heard a couple of times people giving Russel Haswell some unnecessary shit at Autechre gigs! - I know Ae and Haswell are quite different a lot of the time but I would have thought the crowd would have at least been respectful of it even though I appreciate it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. Every time there was some place they could have fucked off to and not listened but they chose to shout etc which I imagine is a bit distracting etc

i can imagine chilling listening to you play a set this at a festival and being very happy.

may I ask what was the setup? Am I hearing a Red Panda Particle??

• 2 months later...

I made a stainless steel percussive "thing" that you can see in the picture.

Jammed out some loops with my Volca Drum and tinkered around with it during the second half of this track and ran it through some pedals.  Fun times! Am thinking I will modify the device a bit to get a better tone, but otherwise not bad for a first attempt.

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1

That's crazy that you make your own instruments, man. Hopefully one day I'll be doing something similar.

I just listened to Spyrimba. After reading your post on how you made this track, I was expecting this to sound a lot more free form and experimental. It was a really pleasant surprise to hear that it came out much more traditional (or primal?) than I thought it would. (That said, I do have a soft spot for bell-tone-ish sounds.) It has a very playful feel to it that I thought was infectious and inviting. Kind of like a playful drug-fueled tribal dance circle on some uncharted island somewhere or something. I don't really know what I'm talking about. Anyways, thanks for sharing, dude.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sTeh B L said:

That's crazy that you make your own instruments, man. Hopefully one day I'll be doing something similar.

I just listened to Spyrimba. After reading your post on how you made this track, I was expecting this to sound a lot more free form and experimental. It was a really pleasant surprise to hear that it came out much more traditional (or primal?) than I thought it would. (That said, I do have a soft spot for bell-tone-ish sounds.) It has a very playful feel to it that I thought was infectious and inviting. Kind of like a playful drug-fueled tribal dance circle on some uncharted island somewhere or something. I don't really know what I'm talking about. Anyways, thanks for sharing, dude.

Thank you for listening. 

Yes, I have been listening to a lot of primal / ritual style music lately.  My next EP is about an ancient forest near where I live, and all sorts of stories surround pre-christian rituals that used to happen there... I am really glad that sort of sound is coming through!

Cheers

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Some bandcamp codes for the aforementioned Demo(n)s release:

khpr-e6rv
uefd-3gx9
v8dc-humt
9z4e-55kb
z3pf-3rtx
3v9x-clfq
w9th-xaez
etup-ebrg
8u58-3chu
tw6y-cxap
2py3-x532
7lxn-x9th

I have a collab album alongside Paradox Encounters Group coming out soon on the ultra lush Tone Burst label.  Very excited for that.