Soloman Tump

My experiments will go here

soundcloud link doesn't work

Yep, sorry, I pulled it quick as it's going to be released via a netlabel pretty soon. Will link again when its live.

Posted (edited)

A 21 minute recording of live noisy techno.  Made with volca kick, monotron, a whole bunch of pedals and a mixer. Image below (testing out the new forum upload options, lush)

P_20190430_220242_3.thumb.jpg.776b00c94135d68b9f253a5903d892d9.jpg

No post processing / editing / mastering - you can probably tell, presented here with warts and all 😄

Slowly getting to grips with my live noise/techno rig that I want to take out on the road soon.

Some sections of this sound quite good to my ears, some others not so... I am constantly learning.  Slowly.

Thanks,

Edited by Soloman_Tump

Did you ingest all those liquids in the process?

This is a whole lot of noise, I like. Maybe some bassy kick drum in the sidechain of the compressor would sound nice

3 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

Did you ingest all those liquids in the process?

This is a whole lot of noise, I like. Maybe some bassy kick drum in the sidechain of the compressor would sound nice

That's my home batch of Sloe Gin, probably ready to ingest by now!

Yeah the kicks could be fatter in the mix, ill work on that. Thanks for listening.

that's...very noisy. 🙂 I've recorded some stuff nearing those levels of harsh but not quite, and I rarely delve into 'noise' stuff quite that heavy so i'm not the target audience perhaps... some enjoyable bits but I gave up about halfway through, just a little too much for me, i'm sure there's some who would be into tho. like the idea/direction, just maybe not that particular take? will be curious to hear more no matter :beer:

3 hours ago, auxien said:

that's...very noisy. 🙂 I've recorded some stuff nearing those levels of harsh but not quite, and I rarely delve into 'noise' stuff quite that heavy so i'm not the target audience perhaps... some enjoyable bits but I gave up about halfway through, just a little too much for me, i'm sure there's some who would be into tho. like the idea/direction, just maybe not that particular take? will be curious to hear more no matter :beer:

Thank you for listening... I actually prefer the second half haha, I settled into it a bit more.

I will keep recording the sessions and hopefully a few bits will stand out as "release" worthy... 

Recently bought 50 no. 3" CDs with wallets and labels...

^cool cool, how much music can you fit on the 3" CDs?

On 5/2/2019 at 11:12 PM, auxien said:

^cool cool, how much music can you fit on the 3" CDs?

21 minutes I think, perfect for an EP

Posted (edited)

A 20 minute minimal bleep techno jam

OH BABY I LIKE IT RAW

Mainly in time, a few slip ups but fairly happy with how this came out on first try., quite different to the other noisy stuff I have been peddling recently.

Edited by Soloman Tump

I made a droney / ambient ish thing, completely different to my noise output!

I was experimenting with the volca kick, if you turn the tempo right down to 10bpm and sustain the keys, you can create lush looping drones.

Quite happy with how this turned out. It was recorded live in response to the storms we have been having - see the photo!

Edited by Soloman Tump

Interesting how the melodic lines rhythmically undulate, not like the typical 1234,1234 of arps you commonly hear in ambient pieces.