IGNORED

Clark - Death Peak

Joyrex

While the Death Peak topic in New and Upcoming Releases is lively, this album is too damn good not to have it's own topic in the Clark forum.

My personal two pence: Death Peak is turning out to be Clark's best yet - so many songs on here are instant classics and I've had the damn thing on repeat all morning long!

What's your thoughts?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This album is so bonkers.  Kinda reminds me of OPN.  Not in terms of the pallette, but the slightly schizophrenic arrangement.  So many disparate elements but still hangs together as a piece really well.  Not a fan of the first track or Aftermath, but the rest is pure gold and there are some moments of absolute beauty on here.  Really, really enjoying this!

what's more boring ? this album or people dissing on clark's new shit while posting a Kin Griff video saying these were the good old days ?

is what I would have said if I didn't try to listen to Death Peak again after hearing it for the first time on my headphones while going to work, preparing for a hard day and only wishing for bangers. I wasn't in the mood to appreciate it. But yeah, when I put the album on again back home it really felt amazing. The harmonies and chord progressions on this are probably the prettiest he's ever written.

Butterfly Prowler and Catastrophe Anthem are my favourites so far. Slap Drones is AMAZING and its sound design really feels confident but it's kind of ear-fatiguing at the same time. That's what you get when drones slap I guess. Hoova and Un UK are messy though, not really in a good way. They do groove alright but their structure don't serve them well at all imo. Un UK's intro would have made a brilliant song itself... But the rest sounds a bit meh and cheesy :/

I don't get the bad comments on the kids' singing in Catastrophe Anthem. They're great! I thought music had the right to children :(

tl;dr It's a fucking good album

the artwork kinda sucks but the music is intense! definitely his best work since Totems Flare.

why does he insist on having his face on every cover at the moment?

the artwork kinda sucks but the music is intense! definitely his best work since Totems Flare.

why does he insist on having his face on every cover at the moment?

Because being that handsome in this genre is uncommon, he wants to make it a primary selling point

^ lol

his cover photos are in the vein of earlier IDM musicians fucking around with their image - RDJ of course is a perfect example but he's not alone. Arca, 0PN and even Vsnares have done this on recent covers.

This album is so bonkers.  Kinda reminds me of OPN. 

Catastophe Anthem / Living Fantasy especially.

Whole album is great, little slow before the third track but it's a build up nonetheless. Seems to balance his older stuff with his more 4/4 techno style well.

thought I'd give this a whirl (on the second track)

his last album was pretty forgettable in my most humblest of opinions, hopefully this will fare better

third track sounds fantastic

Worst album 2017

Worst album 2017

jk haven't heard it yet. Have very low expectations based on the bleep snippets but most here seem to love it so I'll give it a go.

this is seriously fantastic. i want to see how these translate live!

Seems to be a polarizing release!

I don't see many saying "it's alright", seems to be either "it's awesome!" or "it's terrible".

I'm looking forward to it, hope to get my hands on it by next weekend.  :happy:

Archived