IGNORED

cloud1_12b

sTeh B L

While slightly repetitive, I thought this accomplished what you set out to do. I especially like the end and the "dont be scared" sample. I think the track could be fleshed out into a bigger composition. 

While slightly repetitive, I thought this accomplished what you set out to do. I especially like the end and the "dont be scared" sample. I think the track could be fleshed out into a bigger composition. 

I lacked the patience and musical prowess to add any more segments (I kept fucking up the takes) -- also I usually prefer shorter tracks, so I just kind of wrapped it up. It is pretty fucking repetitive, though, in retrospect.

I lacked the patience and musical prowess to add any more segments (I kept fucking up the takes) -- also I usually prefer shorter tracks, so I just kind of wrapped it up. It is pretty fucking repetitive, though, in retrospect.

Yeah, don't worry about impatience when it comes to composing because some days you feel like spending 10 million hours on a track and other days you get stuck 10 minutes after you start putting things together. But small touches like the break at 1:10 do great things to a fairly repetitive track. Also adding tiny effects like delay and reverb here and there via a bus or simply cutting up your audiofiles keep tracks interesting. That's why old electronic dub like Rhythm&Sound doesn't get repetitive because they fool around with the effects :)

Anyway, I can definitely see you pretty quickly rearranging this a bit and then add some effects and then all of a sudden it your track isn't that repetitive at all :)

Really nice track! I got a bit of a Campfire Headphase/Bibio vibe from the guitar work, especially in the end section.

Drums are pitched a little too high for my liking, but the beat itself is tasty :)

I appreciate it -- dude, I WISH I could play/compose like Bibio.

Yeah, don't worry about impatience when it comes to composing because some days you feel like spending 10 million hours on a track and other days you get stuck 10 minutes after you start putting things together. But small touches like the break at 1:10 do great things to a fairly repetitive track. Also adding tiny effects like delay and reverb here and there via a bus or simply cutting up your audiofiles keep tracks interesting. That's why old electronic dub like Rhythm&Sound doesn't get repetitive because they fool around with the effects :)

Anyway, I can definitely see you pretty quickly rearranging this a bit and then add some effects and then all of a sudden it your track isn't that repetitive at all :)

Yeah, I've got to start automating effects more often. That sounds useful and pretty fun.

the drums are really harsh but pattern wise i dig em. love the guitar too and it reminds me of a lot of math rock i listen to (the sound rather than the playing). would work real nice if you added another couple of minutes on. i don't think it was too repetitive at all.

Cool stuff. I love the ending. I wouldn't say it's too repetitive, but it gets close.

I agree with Squee in that playing around with different effects would contribute to lessening the repetitive effect on the listener. I think the arrangement could even stay the same, though. If you were to just switch up effects, different chorus effects, reverbs, delays, etc. changed from bar to bar. That could eliminate the stress of figuring out new arrangement patterns. Heck, in the process of messing with the effects you may gain inspiration for a new arrangement.

it reminds me of a lot of math rock i listen to (the sound rather than the playing).

I really appreciate that comparison. I hope I'll one day play like those guys.

Cool stuff. I love the ending. I wouldn't say it's too repetitive, but it gets close.

I agree with Squee in that playing around with different effects would contribute to lessening the repetitive effect on the listener. I think the arrangement could even stay the same, though. If you were to just switch up effects, different chorus effects, reverbs, delays, etc. changed from bar to bar. That could eliminate the stress of figuring out new arrangement patterns. Heck, in the process of messing with the effects you may gain inspiration for a new arrangement.

Yeah, everything you said is pretty much why I love messing around with effects, and why I love electronic music in general.

I was planning on leaving this track alone, because I got to a point where every time I changed or added something, it felt like I was ruining it. But it seems like some of you feel it would be a good idea to explore other ways this can go, so I'll mess around with it some more and see what I come up with. Hopefully, I'll resist picking up that guitar again, and save myself from going crazy doing dozens of takes.

I like the idea of sectioned repetitivness. When you have certain loops varied with other loops and a bit of more detailed variation to them. This is a kind of thing I also like to do. Keep it up. Cheers.

Archived