IGNORED

YES IT’S A(NOTHER) MASSIVE TG / C&C GEAR SALE Chris Carter (of Chris & Cosey Carter Tutti Void and Throbbing Gristle) is selling a lot of music gear,

cwmbrancity

Chris Carter (of Chris & Cosey Carter Tutti Void and Throbbing Gristle) is selling a lot of music gear, including some rare and hard to find items. These pieces are going pretty fast but if you’d like to see what is available please visit Chris’ site for more details. 

www.chriscarter.co.uk

here's some of the gear for sale listed with their provenance:

ES IT’S A(NOTHER) MASSIVE C&C / TG GEAR SALE
Well I mentioned it last year and now here it is… batch one of our studio clear out bonanza. The second batch will be later this year and will be mostly guitar pedals - lots of them.

So… in light of the fact that Cosey and me are drastically cutting down our future live performances (to zero as I write this) we’ve gone through our studio cupboards and decided to sell a whole bunch of gear we probably (hopefully) won’t be needing again. And no… we are not retiring (do musicians ever really retire?), we’re just spending a lot less time performing and a lot more (most) of our time on studio based projects - and trying to get some long delayed albums and releases out to you all.

The nitty gritty…
All of the items below have been used in the studio on numerous Throbbing Gristle, Chris & Cosey or Carter Tutti Void albums by me, Cosey and a few items by Sleazy too. Some items have been used in live C&C and TG performances so won’t be cosmetically pristine as others that just lived in our studio - all the items are in working order and generally good condition and any ‘issues’ are noted in the descriptions. I have embedded links to various websites which include additional technical information about the items. Please visit these links first as they may answer any queries you have,.

In our previous sales potential buyers have occasionally asked me to reserve items while they raise funds… this is fine as long as it isn’t for more than a few weeks.

The prices shown do not include postage, so all are PLUS postage or courier charges - I can get quotes for this, just ask. As I am VAT registered all the prices do include 20% VAT (if requested a VAT receipt can be included with the sale) and I can also write a Letter of Provenance at no extra charge (if requested). I prefer transactions to be by direct bank transfer but I will also accept PayPal. I am also willing to negotiate a discount for buyers interested in multiple items. Also - and I know this is like shouting at the Moon - but NO MORE TIME WASTERS PLEASE! I will just ignore anyone asking questions not related to actually buying any of this gear.

Please use this contact form for all enquiries regarding buying items on this page.

PLEASE NOTE (updated and enlarged because people are not reading this part!)
Due to past experiences I am only willing to sell/post these items within the UK, if you live outside the UK then there is no sale!

Posted April 2017
a100p9_02.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
DOEPFER A-100P9 EURORACK FLIGHT-CASE
9U / Three Row Eurorack case with built-in PSU and removable lid.
Outer Dimensions - without cover/rubber feet:
465mm W x 475mm H x 170mm D
Outer Dimensions - with cover/rubber feet:
465mm W x 485mm H x 235mm D
Inside Dimensions - 3 x 84 HP x 3 U
Usable depth for modules in PSU area (bottom right): 70 mm
Usable depth for modules in remaining area: 100 mm
Weight (without modules): approx 8.3 kg
PSU Maximum Output Current: +12V/1200mA, -12V/1200mA
The original Doepfer branding decals have been removed, the cases are plain black/silver as in the photo.
Manufacturers Link

VERY GOOD CONDITION, STUDIO USE ONLY, NEVER USED FOR LIVE PERFORMANCES.
FOUR CASES AVAILABLE (if you want more than one case please make an offer)
£325 each
+ Plus courier charge
(UK ONLY due to weight)
or collect in person (Norfolk location).
a100monster.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
A-100 A-100PMB 'MONSTER' BASE FRAME EURORACK FLIGHT-CASE
The case has two rows for modules: one with horizontal alignment and one inclined @ 45 degrees. It has a removable top cover with handle for easy transportation.
Outer Dimensions: 930mm W x 420mm H x 210mm D
Useable width: 168 HP
Useable depth for modules in front row: 70 mm
Usable depth for modules in rear row: 90 mm
Weight (without modules): approx 13.5 kg
Two PSUs and four bus boards are built in.
PSU (x2) Maximum Output Current: +12V/2400mA, -12V/2400mA
The 4 PSU bus boards are located in the rear area.
Two Doepfer A-100P9 Flight-cases can be positioned side by side on top of the ‘Monster Base Frame’ case.
The original Doepfer sticker branding has been removed, the case is plain black/silver as in the photo.
Manufacturers Link

VERY GOOD CONDITION, STUDIO USE ONLY, NEVER USED FOR LIVE PERFORMANCES.
ONE CASE AVAILABLE
£450
+ Plus courier charge
(UK ONLY due to weight)
or collect in person (Norfolk location).
otobiscuit.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
OTO BISCUIT
STEREO 8-BIT EFFECTS & ANALOG FILTER
Used on numerous Throbbing Gristle, Chris & Cosey and Carter Tutti Void recordings and live performances.

True Analog Multimode Resonant Filters, Waveshaper, Delay, Pitch-shifter, Step Sequencer Filter, 8-bit converters, digital processing… Fat sound! MIDI, 16 user presets. Include two PSUs, a UK type & a Euro type. NOTE: The firmware is upgradeable to convert the Biscuit into a monophonic synth… or back into a filter.

Manufacturers Link

IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER AND VERY GOOD CONDITION.
This item can be signed by myself and/or a letter of provenance can be supplied on request.
SOLD
bugbrand2008wom.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
BUGBRAND WOM SYNTH

A RARE ITEM - used by myself and Sleazy on numerous Throbbing Gristle recordings and live performances.

Features - 3 Oscs (with range and sync switches), 3 channel mixer, drive and tone section, power starvation (stable or instable switchable) 1/4" jack out or onboard mini-amp, 10 dials, 7 switchs, 13 body contacts, 9v battery operation.

Manufacturers Link

IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER AND GOOD CONDITION.
This item can be signed by myself and/or a letter of provenance can be supplied on request.
SOLD
bugbrandpostcardweevil.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
BUGBRAND POSTCARD WEEVIL SYNTH
A RARE ITEM - used by myself and Sleazy on numerous Throbbing Gristle recordings and live performances.

The PostcardWeevil is a portable sonic world with three ring-modulated oscillators, power starvation, body contacts, line out and mini-amp, all in a package measuring 7 x 8 cm.

Manufacturers Link

SOLD
faderfoxlv1.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
FADERFOX micromodul LV1 MIDI controller
Used by Cosey and myself on numerous Throbbing Gristle recordings and live performances.

Optimised layout for Ableton Live.
8 track faders - switchable between 2 fader groups.
4 pots to control track-dependent/independent parameters.
8 track control buttons with 4 different modes.
Cross-fader and separate pot for the master level.
Multifunctional encoder to select tracks and clips.
Joystick controller. Battery operated.

Manufacturers Link

£125
+ plus postage
kaosspadkp3.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
Korg Kaoss
Pad 3 Multi-effects Processor & Sampler

Used on numerous Throbbing Gristle, Chris & Cosey and Carter Tutti Void recordings and live performances.

Auto Pan, Modulation, Compressor, Delay, Distortion, EQ, Filter, Grain Shifter, HP Filter, Isolator, Looper, Multi-Tap, Noise, Synthesizer, Pad Drum, Phaser, Ping-Pong Delay, Pitch Shifter, Reverb, Reverse, Ring Mod, Slicer, Talk Filter, Tape Echo, Unison, Saw Bass, Vinyl, Vocoder. Takes an SD card (included) for sampling. Includes PSU.

More information on SOS

IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER AND GOOD CONDITION*
* there are a few very small marks on the case.

SOLD
kaosspadkp2.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
Korg Kaoss
Pad 2 Dynamic Processor & Sampler

Auto BPM function, filters, delays, reverb, flanging, isolator, slicer, auto-panning, 15 synths, sampling (6 secs). 8 program memories. Includes PSU.

More information on zZSounds

* NOTE: This unit has been modified (by me) to include an additional toggle switch for the 'motion record' function - which in an unmodified unit is only momentary. Also the X/Y pad has been customised to include a graphic underneath the plastic overlay (this does not affect the playing of the pad).

IN WORKING ORDER AND OK CONDITION*
* there are marks on the case.

£120
+ plus postage
kaosspadquad.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
KORG KAOSS
PAD QUAD
Multi-effects Processor, Looper

Used on numerous Carter Tutti Void recordings and live performances.

Simultaneously control four effects from Looper, Modulation, Distortion, Grain, Filter, Delay, Reverb and more for 1,295 combinations. Includes PSU.

Manufacturers Link

NOTE:
IN MOSTLY WORKING ORDER AND OK CONDITION*
* Grain Shifter button only works intermittently - it’s probably fixable but I can’t be bothered to do it. There are some small marks on the case and the rear knobs covers are missing (but the knob shafts work fine). Also the X/Y pad has been customised to include a graphic underneath the plastic overlay (this does not affect the playing of the pad).

£100
+ plus postage
minikaossillator2.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
Korg mini Kaossilator 2 Synth, Looper, Sampler
X/Y pad, 150 sounds, 50 Arpeggiator Patterns, 35 Melody Scales. Dual Loop Recorder. Store and playback MP3 samples/loops via MicroSD slot (card not included).
More information on Synthtopia

BOXED, IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER AS NEW.
Very little use, not used live or outside our studio.

£110
+ plus postage
leploop.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
LEPLOOP Mk1 Synthesiser, Sequencer & Drum Machine
2 VCOs, Kick Drum Generator With Resonance, Distortion & Accent Controls. White Noise Generator. 24 dB/Octave Low Pass Voltage Controlled Filter (VCF). 2 Voltage Controlled Amplifiers (2 VCAs). 2 Attack-Release Envelope. Generators (2 A-R ENV's). LFO. 16 Step Analog Sequencer
4 Track, 32 Step Digital Sequencer. 4 Channel Mixer

Manufacturers Link

IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER, AS NEW.
Very little use, not used outside our studio.

SOLD
lumanoise.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
LUMANOISE
TR808 Cymbal Clone
Uses six fixed frequency square wave oscillators. The six oscillator cluster circuit came from the TR808 drum machine for creating it's classic cymbal sound and other metal plate sounds. The pitches of the oscillators were derived from matching them to a recording of the sounds of a metal plate. Each of the six oscillators has a dedicated volume knob and all six are fed though a -12dB resonant low pass filter. The filter's cutoff can be CV controlled
Manufacturers Link

IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER, AS NEW.
Very little use, not used outside our studio.

SOLD
chimerabc16.png
NEWLY LISTED
CHIMERA SYNTHESIS BC16
MIDI controllable micro modular synth
VERY RARE SYNTH! - also used on numerous Throbbing Gristle, Carter Tutti Void and solo recordings and live performances.

Includes 18 x patch cables, 2 x voltage inverters, 4 x Eurorack converter cables, 1 x ¼" converter cable, a custom MIDI cable with a built-in PSU adaptor socket. Can be powered by 6 x AAA batteries or 9v-12v PSU (included). 2 x Allen keys for battery compartment. Printed instruction manual and blank patch sheets.

More information on Vintage Synth

£400
+ plus postage
chimerabc9.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
CHIMERA SYNTHESIS BC9
micro CV synth

VERY RARE! - also used on numerous Throbbing Gristle, Carter Tutti Void and solo recordings and live performances.

Offers the same range of sounds as the BC8 (below), with the ability to externally modulate any possible combination of the eight main control knobs via a CV and Trigger inputs.

More information on Synthopia

IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER AND GOOD CONDITION*
* there are some markings on the plastic case - which have been covered over with striped leader tape (see photo).

£200
+ plus postage
chimerabc8.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
CHIMERA SYNTHESIS BC8
micro synth / sequencer

VERY RARE!
'black knob' mk1 version - also used on numerous Throbbing Gristle and solo recordings and live performances.

Chimera text on BC8…
"Sophisticated digitally based oscillators are housed on the DSP as well as an innovative recording system and internal control voltage patching. Choose between single-shot and repetitive envelope generator modes, separate ATTACK and RELEASE. Sequencer to record and playback complex patterns of control knob movement, speed up or slow down the pattern playback to add extra glide detail or confusion, override any of the controls during playback to adapt, complicate or simplify your composition. Eight LFO and four VCO morphing wave shapes, 128 different patchings, deep modulation options, wide ranging ATTACK/DECAY envelope generator and recording sequencer, battery powered."

More information on MusicThing

SOLD
chimerabc6.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
CHIMERA SYNTHESIS BC6
micro walnut synth / sequencer

VERY RARE!
Number 01 of 100!

Used on numerous Throbbing Gristle and solo recordings and live performances.

SYNTH
VCO from 27.5Hz to approx 3.1KHz - VCO waves continuous morph from sine, triangle, square, sawtooth.
LFO modulation depth, controls both AM and FM, LFO rate (sub-sonic to audible). LFO wave shape selection (sine, square, rising sawtooth, falling sawtooth).
Envelope trigger button, mode selection and playback start-stop.
Envelope, combination AR control, 5 milliseconds to 20 seconds.
Volume - also auxiliary functions of mode selection when at zero and playback speed.
Mode: single-shot with sustain, auto-repeat, playback.

RECORDER
automatically records the last sixteen notes played including, note duration, time between notes and the values of knobs 1-5
plays back the last sixteen notes, speed may be varied from 1/16th speed to 16x speed

Output: Stereo 3.5mm jack socket (50mW for driving headphones)
Battery powered 3 x AAA

More information on Vintage Synth

SOLD
gakensx150.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
Gakken SX-150
Portable analogue synth

Single VCO plus LFO for modulation, VCF with switchable resonance and an AD envelope. It is controlled via a stylus "pen". Includes an external input for processing, a line output and a built-in speaker. Battery powered.
NOTE;This synth originally came packaged as a DIY kit with a Japanese science magazine. I have replaced the original stylus with a more robust Stylophone stylus.

More information on Analog Haven

SOLD
kaossillator.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
Korg mini Kaossilator Synth/Looper
Used on numerous Throbbing Gristle, Chris & Cosey, Carter Tutti Void and solo recordings and live performances.

Battery operated X/Y pad, dynamic-phrase synthesiser. Includes acoustic and electronic sounds, 10 rhythm patterns, looping and overdubbing features.
More information on Wiki

BOXED, IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER AND GOOD CONDITION*
* there are a few marks on the case and the X/Y pad has been customised to include a graphic underneath the plastic overlay (this does not affect the playing of the pad).

SOLD
kaosspadmini.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
Korg Kaoss Pad
'mini-KP' Dynamic Effect Processor
Used on numerous Throbbing Gristle, Chris & Cosey, Carter Tutti Void and solo recordings and live performances.

Battery operated dynamic-phrase effect processor, X/Y pad. 99 effects including filter, distortion, delay, reverb and synth noises.
More information on Wiki

More information on zZSounds

BOXED, IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER AND GOOD CONDITION*
* there are a few marks on the case and the X/Y pad has been customised to include a graphic underneath the plastic overlay (this does not affect the playing of the pad).

SOLD
minikaosspad2.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
Korg Mini Kaoss
Pad 2
Dynamic Effect Processor, MP3 Player
X/Y pad, 100 effects such as Flanger, Filter, Delay, and Reverb; multiple effect programs as well as three new effects borrowed from the Kaoss Pad Quad: Looper, Vinyl Break and Ducking Compressor. Internal Mic and Playback MP3 samples/loops via MicroSD slot (card not included).

More information on Synthtopia

BOXED, IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER AS NEW.
Very little use, not used live or outside our studio.

£100
+ plus postage
novationremote25.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
NOVATION REMOTE 25SL
'Intelligent' MIDI Controller Keyboard

Full size 25-note keyboard, with X/Y touchpad, joystick controller, two-line by 72-character LCDs, 4 MIDI ports, 8 faders, 16 knobs, 8 pads. Battery or PSU powered (PSU included),

More information on SoundOnSound

IN GOOD WORKING ORDER AND CONDITION*
* there are a few minor marks on the case.

£100
+ plus postage
stacks-image-1a89d35.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
KORG MICROKONTROL
MIDI Controller Keyboard
Used by Cosey on numerous Throbbing Gristle and Chris & Cosey recordings and live performances.

Includes a 37-note velocity-sensitive mini keyboard, 8 encoders, 8 sliders (with associated LCDs), 16 trigger pads, a joystick with switch, support for pedals, MIDI IN/OUT ports and can be used as a USB-MIDI interface. Includes PSU.

More information on SoundOnSound

IN GOOD WORKING ORDER AND GOOD CONDITION*
£100
+ plus postage
tascamus200.jpg
NEWLY LISTED
TASCAM US-200
USB 2.0, Audio/MIDI Interface
2-in/4-out USB 2.0 Audio/MIDI Interface, 96kHz/24-bit audio resolution. Two mic preamps with phantom power, XLR/TRS combo jacks. Four unbalanced RCA outputs
MIDI input and output. Signal Present and Overload meter LEDs on each input. Line Out/Phones level control. Monitor mix level control and Mono/stereo switch for direct input monitoring. Instrument (high impedance) switch for input 1 with indicator LED

This unit was acquired as a backup audio/midi interface for Cosey's laptop during live performances - although it has never actually been used live or in the studio as her main interface never failed.

Sold 'as is' and without any supporting documentation.
Manufacturers Link

ASSUMED TO BE IN WORKING ORDER
& IN GOOD CONDITION
* there are a few small marks on the case.
£50
+ plus postage

Please use this contact form for all enquiries
regarding buying items on this page.

To keep informed of any future sales follow my
TWITTER FEED

Archived