IGNORED

Mika Vainio

Glad to see that a local space rock band dedicated a song to Vainio tonight. It's the first artist death that bummed me out. I liked his stuff and he could have offered so much more. :(

damn.

this guy was so amazingly good. a prolific artist with such consistently high quality output.

if you never saw panasonic live, you missed out. such a powerful experience.

they would start the concert with a sine wave sweep, slowly increasing from low to high frequency. as they did this they would hit certain frequencies that would just make the venue vibrate, maybe the wooden floor or the glass at the bar or whatever. they would make note of these frequencies which were different for each venue (you'd see them actually writing them down, making marks on their instruments), and then incorporate them into their concert for the next hour. their show was by far the most 'physical' experience i've ever had at a concert. you'd feel everything inside your body. i remember walking out afterwards and literally feeling exhausted & sore just from standing there getting hit by the soundwaves.

mika leaves behind quote the discography. planning on revisiting his work in the coming weeks.

where does one start with pan sonic?

They didn't do a bad album, although I'm not massively taken with Cathodephase myself. But really, they work well going start to finish. There's a strange logic to their chronology, starting with almost minimal techno, breaking it down to abstract sound, then building back up into almost noisy techno by the end.

This feels more personal than the previous celebrity deaths. Pan Sonic was my introduction to minimalist music over 10 years ago when I was still a teenager.

I was listening to Metri just last week..

late... and FUCK! :(( rumor has it he drowned after falling into some river in france... i can't believe this shit. this is some john balance level fate fuckery right there... like srsly fuck you, water!

love katodivaihe / gravitoni alot...

rip.

late... and FUCK! :(( rumor has it he drowned after falling into some river in france... i can't believe this shit. this is some john balance level fate fuckery right there... like srsly fuck you, water!

love katodivaihe / gravitoni alot...

rip.

I'd rather blame France for this

(Always blame France for everything)

Ok, letz be sirius...pls

I agree that it's surely not a terrorist attack.

France banned all religious symbols and 67 hz sine wave, mika's fav, has strong religious tone. When treaded with a 3hz lfo ppl experience anime-like religious halluciations.

I must be an inside job! Damn you france! Yo gonna burn in hell!

Edited by xox