Foods that are good with beer

ambermonke

I'm curious...what is your favorite food complement to beer?

I would think anything greasy and/or salty in general would do. But I'm curious about specific foods in your guys' experience. I'm hoping to get some suggestions and recommendations so I get ideas for this summer.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tex-Mex and/or seafood, at least tropical/southern coast stuff with Mexican or Caribbean beer. Like Ceviche and Corona. 

Fish & chips & ale

IPAs & bbq / stuff on grill.

light beer and mowing the lawn

PBR and pizza

malt liqour and hot pockets

box wine, netflix & chill 

[craft beer with fruit notes / cider and oral sex ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by joshuatx

Depends on the beer, but generally with lagers, IPAs, etc: Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, Laotian spicy stuff or Mexican or Tex Mex. Also sushi

With darker beers: steaks, Russian or East European foods like borscht.

I love a cool fresh lager, IPA or maybe a weissbier with Asian food and pizza.

But I find the heavier beers are best enjoyed without food. A good heavy stout is a meal in itself!

Edited by AJW

kebab (various)

My favourite döner kebab offers trwo different kinds of meat and 4 different sauces (on one döner!), it's the most amazing thing in the world to bite into a huge döner kebab and taste fresh salad and hot meat, hmmmmmmmmm, there is nothing like a good fresh döner kebab + beer

smoked fish. 

i lived in san diego for a while and there's a place called "San Diego Fish company" and they make a Tuna jerkey that is the best thing i've ever had w/beer.  amazing. 

so, smoked fish.. tuna jerky.. etc. 

of course fried things.. things w/tartar sauce.. 

also, i've had some things w/murphy's irish stout that were pretty rich together.  things that have phenel in them can be good w/beer. 

tacos obviously. 

citrusy things like ceviche. 

This all sounds good to me! Agree with chips & ceviche, pizza, and salt & vinegar crisps in particular.

I made a Russian potato salad (salat oliv'ye) last week for the first time when my dad was up visiting, which paired nicely with Stella Artois.

Keep 'em coming!

Tex-Mex and/or seafood, at least tropical/southern coast stuff with Mexican or Caribbean beer. Like Ceviche and Corona. 

Fish & chips & ale

IPAs & bbq / stuff on grill.

light beer and mowing the lawn

PBR and pizza

malt liqour and hot pockets

box wine, netflix & chill 

[craft beer with fruit notes / cider and oral sex ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

excellent list

all i have to add is: +pistachios

With hoppier stuff I like:

Quesadillas, chips & salsa/guac

Garlic fries / tots

Popcorn

Any salty snack really, plus brats / hot dogs

Lighter beer:

Heavier food. Pizza, BBQ, nachos. Also pairs nicely with Risotto and some pastas if you don't have any wine on hand.

There's a bar around here that makes killer Brussels sprouts

Stouts:

Nothing. A stout is a meal.

Stouts and dark chocolate is lush as fuck

Wit and shellfish

Rochefort / dark Trappist beer and lamb stew

Edited by Gocab

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in