IGNORED

Foods that are good with beer

ambermonk

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kebab (various)

My favourite döner kebab offers trwo different kinds of meat and 4 different sauces (on one döner!), it's the most amazing thing in the world to bite into a huge döner kebab and taste fresh salad and hot meat, hmmmmmmmmm, there is nothing like a good fresh döner kebab + beer

Is this the Turkish style doner? There's a Turkish place here in Houston that makes amazing doners... I like their chicken adana kebabs too.

I sent a note to joyboss but I'm getting a malware warning from this thread, says it's redirecting me to "beerscompared" which is flagged for phishing. weird

It was an image linked from that site... removed!

anything with mayonnaise on it

Booze and creamy stuff don't mix, not for me!

ack

Most junk food goes good with beer for me, pizza, burgers, fries, chips. mmm

kebab (various)

My favourite döner kebab offers trwo different kinds of meat and 4 different sauces (on one döner!), it's the most amazing thing in the world to bite into a huge döner kebab and taste fresh salad and hot meat, hmmmmmmmmm, there is nothing like a good fresh döner kebab + beer

Is this the Turkish style doner? There's a Turkish place here in Houston that makes amazing doners... I like their chicken adana kebabs too.

I think the place is run by Kurds (they understandably don't see themselves as Turks) but yes - Döner is Turkish style kebab invented by Turks in Berlin (there was a big wave of Turkish and Italian workers coming to Germany in the 60s and they had a huge impact on German eating culture, especially the second and third generation) so there are many, maaaany Döner places in Germany of varying quality. I tried a Döner in Serbia and in Macedonia and in Italy and in Sweden. They were tasty and all different but I think Germany is the place to go if you want to enjoy really good Döner (especially Berlin). Nothing tops an original crispy Turkish (or Kurdish) Döner with its incomparable taste and smell. :D I heard that the Döner in Turkey isn't good at all though. They fake it from the Turks living in Germany and they use different ingredients. I'm not sure about the US, I've unfortunately never been there but I imagine it being it expensive since it's not that normal there

Archived