IGNORED

Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.

yeah this is actually pretty good. more of a proper followup to good kid. it helps to remember that kendrick was once a lil wayne fanboy making pretty horrendous mixtapes. he's like the radiohead of rap, pure force of will and the ability to recognize other people's good ideas has brought him critical success, but there's always going to be a try hard corny side to him.

he's like the radiohead of rap...

woah. woah. woah.

radiohead is like the tony hawk of indie rock, who is like the Michael Jordan of skateboarding

yeah this is actually pretty good. more of a proper followup to good kid. it helps to remember that kendrick was once a lil wayne fanboy making pretty horrendous mixtapes. he's like the radiohead of rap, pure force of will and the ability to recognize other people's good ideas has brought him critical success, but there's always going to be a try hard corny side to him.

I don't understand musicians being critisized for having influences or trying too hard. Music doesn't come from a vaccuum, and I cannot think of any geniuses who have their art just come naturally and effortlessly. That is a total falicy. And everyone has first works that are cringy! That's the way artistic development goes. We can see examples of each of these things in the growing pains of Afx and Pablo fucking Picasso. And yes, Radiohead. Did you really mean to invalidate Kendrick and also Radiohead's artistry or am I misunderstanding?

Also I would love to hear who you think is better on the scene right now. I dont even know where to start with TPaB being cheesy...

hate?

hate

hāt/

verb

feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone).

"the boys hate each other"

synonyms: loathe, detest, despise, dislike, abhor, execrate

noun

intense or passionate dislike.

"feelings of hate and revenge"

synonyms: hatred, loathing, detestation, dislike, distaste, abhorrence, abomination, execration, aversion

It's a solid straight up no nonsense rap album guys, maybe he's trying to distance himself from his insufferable fanbase or something. I would if I was him.

Then again, Ufucking2. Worst theory ever.

I really dug this album but does anyone here actually like the beat for HUMBLE? It sounds like a work in progress or that piano track is a temp track for something being added later, idk the beat just sounds so corny 

^ the whole album was made on an iphone which they seem to be framing in a "can you believe they made this on a iphone" gimmicky manner

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

very meh, miss old kendrick, my favorite era is pre-gkmc, people really shouldn`t give money to artists, that fucks them up, too much talking during interviews sucks them dry and there is nothing left to say or smth lol

So what's the difference between this and every other trap album in the top 40 right now? There's clearly something I'm not picking up on.

If you can't see the difference between this and Culture or More Life I dont know what to tell you

Edited by span