IGNORED

Do you think he will release something this year ?

d-a-m-o

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's one track. Herr pointed some things out to me. 

Listen to the first section before shit gets all intense and then compare it to the last section (particularly the drums/percussion/whatever), very similar. 

Yeah could be right. Sounds amazing either which way... 

I just want a proper release of that one track from day for night. Along with whatever new he's got up his sleeves. 

I also really really really want unreleased drukqs/2000 era tracks, which I suspect he purposefully didn't release on soundcloud.

This has been on repeat this morning.

Fuckin hell, can i have the whole set in this quality? Does it exist?

This would be SO awesome. I was infatuated with it for weeks. I think he said somewhere that it was remixed live

Re: drukqs era tracks, I believe he said during the soundcloud dump that his laptop from that era was broken by his french girlfriend... so maybe there are no more drukqs, unless he shared experiments with friends. Not sure how paranoid/careful he is/was about digital backups.

This is the saddest thing I've ever read on the internet. Though it does make Drukqs even that much more of a treasure.

yeah just read this on some druqks page... imagine having been able to hear those hundreds of unreleased drukqs-era tracks  :diablo:

listening to Polynomial-C right now in mourning. 

Something to bear in mind is that this album was released under strange circumstances. Richard D. James had been only composing music for his own personal consumption at the time and A laptop with hundreds of unreleased tracks was stolen. Fearing internet leaks, Aphex Twin released Drukqs in an attempt to consolidate the loss. Knowing this, it's important to ensure you understand that the music is bonkers because it was composed for RDJ himself. This is also why all the track names are insane (i.e. gwarek2, bit4, omgyjya switch7)

This track is fantastic, tuss era I guess

Sounds a lot like Syro to me, particularly circlont14?

I agree with this based on a fresh listen just now.  2:37 convinced me.

A laptop with hundreds of unreleased tracks was stolen. Fearing internet leaks, Aphex Twin released Drukqs in an attempt to consolidate the loss. Knowing this, it's important to ensure you understand that the music is bonkers because it was composed for RDJ himself. This is also why all the track names are insane (i.e. gwarek2, bit4, omgyjya switch7)[/background][/font][/color]

lol

there are like 4 articles aboot afx on the fact magazine headpage

*edit 5!*

something lush this way comes??

This is what got my spidey sense tingling.  This smells like pre-release promo.  

there are like 4 articles aboot afx on the fact magazine headpage

*edit 5!*

something lush this way comes??

This is what got my spidey sense tingling.  This smells like pre-release promo.  

Except Fact Magazine don't know shit in advance. Aphex is one of their most prized clickbait words, so they use it on as much occassions as possible.

Factmag used to be a decent read but not anymore. Seems to of lost its way and all the Aphex worship isn't convincing me otherwise.

Has the whiff of desperation.

Regarding the new Day 4 Night track/s posted above, I reckon he's playing from his "Txx" collection, which is what I think is his newest batch of earthshattering, next-level material he has been writing. We already got T08+4, T13 Quadraverb and T17 Phase Out, I reckon what he's playing is just other T tracks, as they all share roughly the same drum samples and style, and they are all very good. Now, this is personal opinion, but I can hear 4 different tracks in that vid:

Track1: 0:00 - 2:21 - Lush composition with a real nice bassline and vocal samples.

Track2: 2:21 - 3:43 - Crazy percussion noodling.

Track3: 3:43 - 4:21 - Nice little interlude playing on a A > F# > F bass riff.

Track4: 4:27 - End - Absolutely amazing track with a next-level HAB melody and a super lush warping bassline, I have probably listened to this gem a thousand times, can't get enough of it, divine frequencies. The only bad thing about this track is that it's so god damn tantalizing and replayable I'm going to wear it out and then some before it gets released, oh well, it's worth it.

I suspect it's 4 because we don't know how long each Txx track is, he has said he's made over 70/80 so some of them very could be little interludes and ideas, with other ones being full tracks. I could very well be completely wrong and what we are hearing is 1 complete masterpiece, but to me it doesn't all fit together, pretty jarring jumps to each track, but I remember the same being said about Metz.

All I do know is that if when he does release this Txx collection, if there is as good or even better stuff than what we've heard (it's Rich, of course there will be), it's gonna be a complete game changer, can't wait. :music::aphexsign:

I just want a proper release of that one track from day for night. Along with whatever new he's got up his sleeves. 

I also really really really want unreleased drukqs/2000 era tracks, which I suspect he purposefully didn't release on soundcloud.

so fecking lush

You guys think it's one track? Sounds like 2 or 3 to me... 

definitely one track and i wouldn't be surprised if it was recorded the same day as ziggomatic.

so fecking lush

You guys think it's one track? Sounds like 2 or 3 to me... 

definitely one track and i wouldn't be surprised if it was recorded the same day as ziggomatic.

sounds a lot more like circlont14 than ziggo, much diff era I do believe.

Edit: weird, I edited this post earlier but it's not showing on my end, sorry. I was saying, compare the beginning synth noodlings of circonlt14 to the mid section of the d4n track. Very similar IMO.

Edit edit: I will say this d4n track is miles ahead of most RDJ I've heard (strong statement, I know... it just sounds like syro crossbred with drukqs), not sure if this is synonymous to the syro tour where we'd hear tracks during his live tour here and there until syro came out? Like maybe we'll expect this in 2025? I mean, 4bit was played live in 2004 (or was it 2005, my bad sorry).... =/

Archived