IGNORED

Do you think he will release something this year ?

d-a-m-o

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want a proper release of that one track from day for night. Along with whatever new he's got up his sleeves. 

I also really really really want unreleased drukqs/2000 era tracks, which I suspect he purposefully didn't release on soundcloud.

so fecking lush

You guys think it's one track? Sounds like 2 or 3 to me... 

I think they're different but similar tracks. The one that comes in about 4:25 is probably my favorite part of the entire concert. I've thought about doing a remix of it for shits and giggles.

The new track sounds great sweet awesome sexy interesting.

I bet we'll see the sequel to Syro eventually. Syro took quite some time and has music spanning over half a decade, so it may be a while. It's already been about 2.5 years since Syro sooo... 2.5+ more years  :wink: 

Sorry OP.

Oh, and the new track sounds more recent than Zigg. I wouldn't be surprised if it was made in the last year or two. He DID say he's not making music like Syro anymore, and that when he's onto the next thing is when he'll release his previous thing.

Ok edit, toward the end there's a bit.. like at 6:40 that sounds just like one of the analord tracks, who's name escapes me at the moment. Like, it sounds like it may be sampling the track.

Been listening to that DFN track a lot these last few days.

Used to bug me to hear the people scream, but am getting to like it now :)

It adds to the atmosphere, especially the guy at the end aroung 6:41... I don't understand what he says though except Aphex Twin. Anyone? Sounds like I love you Aphex Twin...

It adds to the atmosphere, especially the guy at the end aroung 6:41... I don't understand what he says though except Aphex Twin. Anyone? Sounds like I love you Aphex Twin...

"god its too much aphex twin"  perhaps? 

Listening to the track some more, it sounds like Drukqs + Analord + Tuss with a bit of Syro after 4:30. So who knows when he made it!  :wacko: 

Yeah, that happens to every track I listen to primarily 'live'. Even the abrasive screams become apart of the track, and it's like the rhythm doesn't make sense without the screams. Like I had 3 or 4 recordings of 'Xmas Evet' at the Metz . Then you listen to the actual track and it feels like something is missing until the neuronal connections expecting screams become weaker to where they're no longer excited.

We could be entering another pre Syro era period of inactivity I'm afraid. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a proper full length album for years.

He'll release a new album in June

@user18081971: ive got really good audio of this that will make its way into the world soonish

We could be entering another pre Syro era period of inactivity I'm afraid. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a proper full length album for years.

I doubt it. He seems more active then ever. And he's only released syro and pre-syro material since his appearance(and only a small handful of those tracks were "new"). He's stated multiple times in his soundcloud acct. that he spends most of his time lately making music. I think he said we would get new stuff once he'd had time to release a few older things. We've gotten quite a few of those older things, ccai, cheetah, orphaned deejay selek. We already heard some new stuff at day for night, including a live remix of polynomial C and a previously unheard track, which shows he has been in a creative mode. I doubt it will be "years", maybe a couple??

he's playing new shit on festivals while they are selling more new shit on white (warp) label vinyl + that bizarre christmass song = inactivity my bums

But yes also but when what do where

"god its too much aphex twin"  perhaps? 

Oh yeah, that's it I think... Ha that would be a great sample to use in a track like Cock/ver10 :)

His most recent release is 9 months ago, it's not like it's been 3 years. He releases when he's ready basically.

Exactly. There was pretty much a year between Orphaned and Cheetah, so let's not abandon hope just yet! Next release will prob be an album too, so don't be surprised if the wait is a little longer anyway.

He's on holiday ooohhoooo holiday it's not your day oohhoo not your day you can wait all days all days all days until the dawn... you're a dreamers, go to sleep for dreams of new aphex twin albums... yeah you can listen some new aphex twin's music in your dreams...  :spiteful:

don't forget this

He'll release a new album in June

@user18081971: ive got really good audio of this that will make its way into the world soonish

plus there's lots to pass the time til then, like check out a snippet of that ongoing synthesis of the different DFN sources that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAYBi9NSOyE was pulled from https://soundcloud.com/blamingwaves/aphex-twin-live-day-for-night-12172016-preview/s-KFqps ...these can be exciting times!

His most recent release is 9 months ago, it's not like it's been 3 years. He releases when he's ready basically.

Exactly. There was pretty much a year between Orphaned and Cheetah, so let's not abandon hope just yet! Next release will prob be an album too, so don't be surprised if the wait is a little longer anyway.

I like the staggered releases. He's around longer, and it feels like an era verses him throwing a ton of music out all at once like he said he wanted to do.  

You'll be able to look back on it more fondly imo.

Sounds like it, tho it's a bit uncharacteristic for him to go all out glitching in the middle of a track like that. I wouldn't be surprised if it's an alternate mix since the beginning 2 mins or so and 4:30 and on sound more straightforward.

His most recent release is 9 months ago, it's not like it's been 3 years. He releases when Warp's ready basically.

fixd

But really, Warp have to run this like a label and space things out. They can't just put a new record out every month. I'm sure there's something, somewhere between 'just about done' and 'Warp are about to announce the date'. That can be a long process, but I reckon there's something at that point.

Archived