IGNORED

Analord 12" plastic sleeve

d-a-m-o

Just got my 6 analords in the mail from Russia

(to complete my collection:D)

But they are foggy as a shitty mondaymorning!?

Did any of u find a way to get rid of this eventualy??

Thanx(:

i think richard d james is a little obsessed with the coal mining and industrialization of cornwall

hence this like feeling of hard brutal nostalgia

and like autistic difficulty of mapping out urbanized/crappy run down cornwall in his head this fringe between nature and the beach and emerging technology/industrialization again

like i wish he would do an uber digital album that's like a clean ass utopian future cornwall with nature blending with the urbanization seamlessly

i do think he's pretty patriotic about cornwall too but not in a racist backward way like oh god those blackface shows in cornwall, like actually googling interesting people from cornwall and falling in love with their personality not their freaking race

Just got my 6 analords in the mail from Russia

(to complete my collection:D)

But they are foggy as a shitty mondaymorning!

Did any of u find a way to get rid of this eventualy??

Thanx(:

See the video I posted earlier in this thread.

i definitely think aphex twin had like sensory integration issues and bad trips and stuff and there is an obsession with puberty girl boy song that like falling in love is overwhelming to him and makes him question if he is schizophrenic like i don't think he ever really went deep enough into phase processing when he experimented with FFT in windowlicker

btw, what's the best way to store your vinyl? the polyethylene ones that make a crackling sound right? better than paper ones yeah, i guess the best are the combination of paper on the outside with the polyethylene on the inside, they're more easy to handle...

i kinda regret not buying all the wav from rephlex.com a while ago but being a proud owner of the binder i thought i gave enough money to Aphex :)

(well, i'm not sure rephlex made anything cash with the binder..??).

FANtastic series anyway. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would not use that cleaner in the video even though it removes the misting via abrasive aluminium oxide.

The materials data safety sheet lists the following ingredients - solvent naphtha petroleum, medium aliphatic aluminium oxide, white mineral oil (petroleum), polydimethylsiloxane. It leeches the vinyl and will also degrade the sound over time.

Note that he warns you not to use more than the amount he shows. While the grit size of the aluminium oxide is so fine it cannot be heard by our ears it can abrade audible frequencies and clog up the high frequency sections of grooves if not cleaned properly.

There is a wonderful thread on audiokarma where some chemists talk about all the pros and cons of cleaning and what the library of congress use. Here is a part part where they talk about leeching. 

Here is a list of LP additives that can get leached (even from using wood glue) https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/record-cleaning-a-comprehensive-resource.884598/

and the wonderful one

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/record-cleaning-youre-doing-it-wrong.689430/

Archived