IGNORED

Aphex Twin - DrukQs - gwely mernans

Consequences

So here I am listening to DrukQs for the first time having written it off as "just noise" one day.

And I stumble upon gwely mernans.

Playing it back for the 6th time in a row and it just.... I don't know it is like the track is background music for how the earth is spinning.

Does this make sense? The background to life.

Amazing piece of work.

Blocked in the UK but this might work for others

• 2 weeks later...

definitely a 9/10 from me

I think I'll always think of 'dying in a corner of a rave' from now on when I play it (I always used to think of the lost souls and sinking of the Kursk submarine)

I think you could almost class this track as ambient gothic.

And I think my brain would quite literally melt if he made an album in such a vein, as keanu says this would be a very good thing. A very good thing indeed.

I always loved Gwely Mernans; I started loving it more when I had the chance to listen to it on a pair of Sony MDR-7506 headphones and I heard for the first time the buzzing electricity zapping from one ear to the other; so clearly that it almost made me fall off the chair! When listening to iy with my Sennheiser HD 380, that sound didn't quite cut through (also due to the sony being narrower than the senns with stereo sound).

I think that he mixed it on a pair of sony cans (he reccommends sony headphones, the 7510 if I remember correctly which are judged horribly from an audiophile pow)...

so I guess Druqks is better listened to with a pair of Sony cans on...

I think you could almost class this track as ambient gothic.

And I think my brain would quite literally melt if he made an album in such a vein, as keanu says this would be a very good thing. A very good thing indeed.

Same. I like his darker stuff.

Archived