IGNORED

Biosphere - The Petrified Forest

purlieu

https://biosphere.bandcamp.com/album/the-petrified-forest

The Petrified Forest mini-album is inspired by the movie of the same name, released in 1936 and directed by Archie Mayo. Alan Squier, a failed, world-weary British writer, hikes into an isolated, weather-beaten desert diner in Arizona owned by Jason Marple. Jason's daughter, Gabrielle is immediately taken with the disillusioned intellectual, since they share idealistic dreams of escaping the stark reality of their lives.

Out May 12th on Biophon.

Ha, TD managed to do pretty much one studio album a year until it effectively became an Edgar solo project in 2007 though. Just lots of soundtracks, live albums and compilations filling it all out. I've listened to them all over the years, for better or worse.

Also: not a fan of Green Desert, then?

Ha, TD managed to do pretty much one studio album a year until it effectively became an Edgar solo project in 2007 though. Just lots of soundtracks, live albums and compilations filling it all out. I've listened to them all over the years, for better or worse.

Also: not a fan of Green Desert, then?

No, it's not one of my favourites.

It was a while ago now, but I recall Geir posting on his Facebook that he'd submitted two new albums for mastering.

I'd quite forgotten about that by the time Departed Glories was announced (and which was a bit too gloomy for me). Then the Black Mesa single was announced and I remembered.

Really looking forward to this, even if it is only a "mini" album.

Awesome! Ordered immediately!

Looks like we're getting a mix of his older style and his amazingly lush ambient sounds in the same release here. Everyone wins!

• 3 weeks later...

CD came today. Totally different from Departed Glories. There are hints of Patashnik, Dropsonde and N-Plants, but really it's just something different again. Stripped down, analogue synths + drum machines with lots of dialogue samples. Deceptively pretty and sinister at the same time. Really lovely stuff!

CD came today. Totally different from Departed Glories. There are hints of Patashnik, Dropsonde and N-Plants, but really it's just something different again. Stripped down, analogue synths + drum machines with lots of dialogue samples. Deceptively pretty and sinister at the same time. Really lovely stuff!

Damn. That's not released until Friday. Lucky you.

Really like that Black Mesa single, will have to check this out, but spent way too much on music this month already.

Archived