IGNORED

Biosphere - The Petrified Forest

purlieu

Oh yes, it's considerably less abstract. Departed Glories is a fantastic ambient album in the traditional sense, in that it sets a mood, but this is much more direct. Proper tunes and all that.

Oh yes, it's considerably less abstract. Departed Glories is a fantastic ambient album in the traditional sense, in that it sets a mood, but this is much more direct. Proper tunes and all that.

I found there was a quite unsettling vibe running through the two tracks on Black Mesa. Do the rest follow form and does it all hang together?

My vinyl just arrived. The title track is my favourite. Just a really great piece - maybe one of the best things he's ever written.

Autour de la lune took me a while to get into, but I really enjoy it. It's more a physical sounding experience than yer typical album - The pure waveforms and subbassy-ness really makes you feel you're way out in space with all kinds of crazy pressures surrounding you. Really needs listening at a good volume on decent headphones or speakers.

I love it. Departed Glories is okay but its dark, gothic ambience is something I have to be in the mood for.

n truth, I've not listened to it much past the time it was released last year.

This new work is much more accessible and immediately enjoyable.

Every now and then Geir releases almost shockingly weak material.

"Autour de la lune", "N-plants", "L'Incoronazione Di Poppea"... And now this one.

i was going to say....yep. unfortunately. really liked departed glories but this...is not good. actually kind of floored that he can from the elegance of substrata or shenzhou or departed glories to something like this.

• 3 weeks later...

Every now and then Geir releases almost shockingly weak material.

"Autour de la lune", "N-plants", "L'Incoronazione Di Poppea"... And now this one.

That's funny, autour de la lune is one I thought was pretty good. I also think L'incoronazione di Poppea was really interesting. I love the vibe of this new release. it's weird, but it does something to me emotionally.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived