IGNORED

UK General Erextion

Soloman Tump

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its unfortunately other peoples council tax ive got to pay. i had a couple of party flats in my early 20s, tonnes of people living there off the lease and i was too drunk to care. now ive got to pay all their council tax cos im legally responsible. 

to the tune of 1400 quid, apparently. thats an expensive vote for labour. 

its a very strange system. ive been paying council tax on time for 5-6 years, i registered to vote in the scottish indyref, didnt hear a peep about the two flats from 2010-2011 the whole time. then register for this one and they were pretty much straight round to me door. 

ive been paying small student loan payments, national insurance, and overdrafts off the entire time aswell. 

aye, I live near the arena and have been hearing sirens and helicopters for the past few hours

absolutely horrible, going to be surreal going to work tomorrow

my biggest fear after this awful evening is this city tears itself apart

Labour catching up on Tories apparently:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/27/tory-manifesto-disaster-labour-surge-polls-close-general-election

And the Guardian hates Corbyn, so it must have been painful for them to write about it. Hope it's true and not because the pollsters have fucked up again.

due to the shitty electoral system you guys have they could narrow the gap considerably and still be wiped out in terms of seats.

due to the shitty electoral system you guys have they could narrow the gap considerably and still be wiped out in terms of seats.

the unfortunate reality

I hold out optimisim though

While Labour has made the gap smaller, why in the world are the Tories so popular among the electorate. Do the people like to get fucked in the ass by austerity and have the NHS dismantled? Have they not had enough of austerity yet? What is wrong with people who keep voting against their own interest?

While Labour has made the gap smaller, why in the world are the Tories so popular among the electorate. Do the people like to get fucked in the ass by austerity and have the NHS dismantled? Have they not had enough of austerity yet? What is wrong with people who keep voting against their own interest?

The media for a start. 

Some twisted Stockholm syndrome of 'British values' nostalgia.

in an aging population, people here seem to hold onto eras as a form of conserved stability, whether that be 80's-early 90's Tories or Labour from then to 2010, hence May raping that thought into the minds of the masses every fuckin commentary

people seem to have dismissed the Lib-Dems for their post-tuition fee about turn, when the middle ground a la Macron would seem the better fit here, although his competence has yet to be proven either

a Tory win, a borked Brexit & Labour facing either another leadership challenge or, post school dinners Tory saltiness, the absolute outside chance of a coalition of Lab/Lib-Dems, which is decidedly unappealing with comrade Corbyn's nationalize everything remit

no winners & no school dinners, Dickens would be right proud

to play devil's advocate with regards to France, would the French be better off with Macron or Le Pen? how she polled the numbers she did is a bit scary tbh

its as if these polarities have intensified here across the channel in recent years, left/right/whateverthefuck

the SDP was set up as a means to give political expression for centrist policies except people chose Thatcher or Labour instead, consequently the SDP didnt last v long as a result except in Spitting Image piss takes, god how we need that brand of satire at the mo'

Iraq in 2003, the crash of 2008, the migrant crisis, then Brexit as an expression of "stay the fuck out migrants" mindsets, its fuckin pathetic that we flip-flop between parties while the real money is always ahead of the curve

the press is rigged, people will still vote UKIP in pockets despite Brexit, btw that cunt Nuthall (sp?) needs a proper shoeing and that is advocating violence just for once, let the cunt know a few home truths

closer to home, i despise the Labour party in Wales....20yrs @ the assembly and we're owning the worst education stats in Europe year in year out, but people "trust" Labour, fuck knows why, cos their schools were appalling might've contributed

brewster2.jpg

3-23, say no more

Macron is just another Blair...f that.

nah. blair wouldn't have walked past trump and shake merkels hand. or grabbed trumps hand as firmly as macron. macron has more "balls" than blair. whatever that means. anyways, two very different kinds of politicians, imo.

not fucking about or nothing but literally all politicians are FUCKING IDIOTS

pretty much agree on that

the way they just dont answer questions and say whatever they want ....plus obviously lying outright

just a joke...electorate being insulted everyday all day

Watching James Cleverly on Channel 4 right now...massive idiot. 

Archived