IGNORED

Choke Needle

Auditor

aww yis! I love the crunchy percussion and all the blurps and beeps. The tone of the mix is what I like the most. What did you use to get that tone? Is it just the sound  of the starting samples and other elements in the song or did you do something in the mix down to get that low warmth to the mix? Nice job on this one :) 

This definitely chugs, especially like crackling explosions of sample shrapnel, like around 1:10

Idk man, maybe give it more space by adding different subtle reverbs to different layers?

Incredible though, how long did it take you (approx)

aww yis! I love the crunchy percussion and all the blurps and beeps. The tone of the mix is what I like the most. What did you use to get that tone? Is it just the sound  of the starting samples and other elements in the song or did you do something in the mix down to get that low warmth to the mix? Nice job on this one :) 

Thank you

I think the crunchiness you refer to come from the chops themselves being all cut up. If you got Ableton you can mess with lfos on loops and damage them in sweet ways. Still learning about all that shit. And all the samples I use already got grit, or I saturate 'em. 

This definitely chugs, especially like crackling explosions of sample shrapnel, like around 1:10

Idk man, maybe give it more space by adding different subtle reverbs to different layers?

Incredible though, how long did it take you (approx)

Thankyas. Took me about a week but I think I worked on it like 4 outta 7 days

The mix on this one is unfuckwithable. Phenomenal stereo image. I feel like I'm listening to it in surround. I had this on in the background while browsing and completely forgot I was listening to someone's soundcloud, tried to flip back to iTunes to see where the heck I had found this from lol. Ace work. I'll give it another listen on speakers at some point, just listened through headphones atm.

The mix on this one is unfuckwithable. Phenomenal stereo image. I feel like I'm listening to it in surround. I had this on in the background while browsing and completely forgot I was listening to someone's soundcloud, tried to flip back to iTunes to see where the heck I had found this from lol. Ace work. I'll give it another listen on speakers at some point, just listened through headphones atm.

Thanks for the kind words dude! (just assuming your gender.... if you're female, thanks lady!)

Guest Chesney

I listened to a load of your stuff the other day but only on shitty work computer but was impressed. I'll find time one evening this week to listen on headphones.

I listened to a load of your stuff the other day but only on shitty work computer but was impressed. I'll find time one evening this week to listen on headphones.

Awesome! hope you enjoy it again the second time  :music:

Yeah, this is super solid! The production is awesome as well and the bass sounds just the way it should :)

I also really like the progression, but I kinda feel like it looses a bit of focus around 2:15 - I was kinda hoping that it would introduce a head bobbing off beat hi-hat to really tie the whole thing together :)

Archived